ChristmasGet it Now

eBay Powersellers - How can they sell goods so cheap?!

Free Member
petter268
Trust: 
25 Feb 09 06:16:57 am
Jimmy:
In your pallets, it is a lot of junk. So, how can you sell the whole pallet?

bashmaki
Trust: 
27 Feb 09 04:46:14 am
This is very interesting for a newcomer. I've sold a number of things on ebay from around the house. What I've noticed is that the items that sell the best are, of course, items that are no longer available in the exact same construction. Examples would be like an older schwinn bike that sold for 100 dollars. Another thing that sold well was an old fish finder I had that I still had the original box for as well as the manual. It sold for nearly what I paid for it new. Sewing machines are easy to sell if you know something about them. I buy them when I can for 10-15 dollars and clean them and sell them for 50-80 dollars on ebay. You can't find a steady supply of this stuff though.

bashmaki

wholesalelist101
Trust: 
27 Feb 09 06:31:27 am
Bashmaki you have got it my friend! You are going to make a lot more money doing what your doing right now rather than trying to sell today's hottest electronics. When I first got started in eBay and when I had more time on my hands I would go to some of these auctions at these storage units. They would auction the contents inside off because the renter would stop paying the bill each month. I could usually make $500 and up profit easily. I would also shop around at some of the yard sales on Saturday mornings. If you go early you can usually find some deals to turn around and resell for a nice profit. Ones mans junk is another mans treasure! Keep up the good work!

bashmaki
Trust: 
1 Mar 09 03:45:30 am
The trouble is;I don't have any time on my hands either. I would like to find some way to make some money on line but ebay sure isn't it. I'm not a large enough fish for that.
If I could just find a drop shipper that would ship for a reasonable price I'd be happy trying to sell from a web site until I can buy larger lots. Trouble is; most people with a drop ship program want to sell to you at retail prices.

Bashmaki

wholesalelist101
Trust: 
1 Mar 09 09:58:48 am
Yes, dropshipping just does not work well on eBay. Have you tried buying liquidated merchandise or wholesale and shipping the items yourself. I know this can be a hassle but if you just print the postage at home from your computer it's not that bad. I print the shipping labels at home, get free boxes sent to me from the US Postal Service, and find items like bubble wrap for free from some of the local retail stores. The only thing I have to pay for is tape. The US Postal Service will even come and pick up your packages so you don't have to make a trip to the post office every day.

dwmgoods35
Trust: 
1 Mar 09 04:05:31 pm
Yes, dropshipping just does not work well on eBay. Have you tried buying liquidated merchandise or wholesale and shipping the items yourself. I know this can be a hassle but if you just print the postage at home from your computer it's not that bad. I print the shipping labels at home, get free boxes sent to me from the US Postal Service, and find items like bubble wrap for free from some of the local retail stores. The only thing I have to pay for is tape. The US Postal Service will even come and pick up your packages so you don't have to make a trip to the post office every day.

I was wondering about which retailers give out free bubble wrap? I always find that my expenses for supplies are bubble wrap and tape. Thanks

wholesalelist101
Trust: 
1 Mar 09 07:39:33 pm
I usually get the receiver at Wal-Mart to save the bubble wrap and packing peanuts for me and I go by and pick them up. Some will do it and some want. It helps if you know someone that works there. The back door receiver gets in packages from UPS and FedEx each day at Wal-Mart and these boxes usually contain bubble wrap and foam peanuts that they just trash.

Free Member
jimmy_huber
Trust: 
3 Mar 09 11:10:20 pm
Jimmy:
In your pallets, it is a lot of junk. So, how can you sell the whole pallet?

One mans junk as you say is another's treasure. It does not matter if the item is brand new or damaged I can still sell it. If the broken item has a part on it that can be sold. Ill list that part. If the item can be sold as a damaged item to someone it can be sold. One of the biggest mistakes people can make selling liquidations is not to sell the damaged or items they consider worthless. If you only sell what in your mind is good you will never profit in this business. Thus you don't belong.

I did this once. Tossed all the items I thought were junk into a pallet in the corner of my warehouse. But one day I got smart and decided to sell all the stuff in that pallet. I ended up making around $1800 on the items I thought were junk

I sold a ton of damaged items and got surprising results.

Damaged blenders $17 and up
Damaged bags $10 and up
Coats and clothes with damaged zippers $15 and up to $150 and up
Damaged sporting goods $5 up to $110
Nasty burned all clads as much a $100
Pots and pans with dings dents and chipped enamel as much as $90

Also with items lets say you have a piece that goes to a unit. They don't normally sell these pieces online. Like the top to a blender. You can pretty much name your price. I had a few broken blenders I sold the tops of those units for $25 each

Power cords as much as $12.50 each.

You dont have to list them at $1.00 . list them for your price and when someone comes along looking for that part they will buy it because they cant find that item anywhere else. They would rather buy the part then a whole new unit.

If you get big into liquidations you will hold everything you dont want to sell on the side. And your next pallet may have the same item that can complete your set.

I had a cappuccino machine that was missing the water tank and all the cups and stainless steel items. It worked but without those accessories The unit was useless. So I stored it. A month later I came across the same machine that had all those accessories but the unit would not power on. So I completed the set. And sold it for $130 on eBay. Then a few months later my cousin came into the warehouse and repaired the unit that would not power on. It was just a loose wire connected to the power switch.

We recently had a Cuisinart Microwave all stainless steel that would not power on. Same problem loose wires and the door was bent a little so the unit would not start. We fixed it within a half hour and now the unit works perfect.

It not hard and any moron can do it. You dont need a degree or a ton of technical experience. Some items can even be fixed by accident. Im no electrician and I have fixed a ton of damaged items just by looking into them.

Not every single pallet is profitable. You may get a bad pallet. But the majority are very profitable. And in the long run you can make very good money in this field.You get exactly what you put into this business. And this business pays off very nicely if you do it right.

Link hidden: Login to view by SaleHoo
Free Member
jimmy_huber
Trust: 
3 Mar 09 11:12:40 pm
I was wondering about which retailers give out free bubble wrap? I always find that my expenses for supplies are bubble wrap and tape. Thanks

Yes this can get very expensive. I personally goto SamsClub myself and get most of my boxes. But I still spend thousands each year on bubble wrap, tape and 19x19x23 boxes.

Hitting up the retailers is the best way. Go in at night when they are stocking and hit them up. Tell them you will take all their boxes they are using. Most will let you.

bayericlowe
Trust: 
28 Mar 09 07:38:32 am
This is entirely subjective and depends on the situation, circumstances and also stock.

Jimmy knows the best and most accepted method which is to buy in bulk, normally when someone discontinues or stops something they always sell and give away their bulk stock packages. The excess inventory is perfect.

jmoon87
Trust: 
28 Mar 09 02:22:36 pm
I buy all my bulk off of Ebay , you just gotta find niche's - like deadstock items or vintage items .. I have bought lots of used vintage jeans for $10 and under and flipped for $100-300 .. you got to study what you want to sell it takes time and alot of effort .. but i can spot a pair of vintage 70's Levis from a mile away as can many other ebayers -lol

Free Member
jimmy_huber
Trust: 
31 Mar 09 05:36:44 pm
I still buy bulk on ebay when the price is good. Its not easy sometimes as the deals are great for the people that know the real value of a bulk lot. But ebay still has its benefits. Never count ebay bulk lots out.

cancer7328
Trust: 
30 Aug 11 04:32:29 pm
Great forum everone.My 1st comment here. eBay's "Powerseller" and Top-Rated seller" programs are a joke! And yes, their fees just keep climbing. I lost both in the Powerseller and Top Rated Seller in same month, this is my 10th year on eBay.Looking to sell someplace else.eBay's fees OMG! Sold 94 items, mostly video game / accessory "eBays fees almost $400.00 no profit! I did better selling 20 -30 items. Lost soul....

Site Admin
richellemonfort
Trust: 
30 Aug 11 11:49:41 pm
Great forum everone.My 1st comment here. eBay's "Powerseller" and Top-Rated seller" programs are a joke! And yes, their fees just keep climbing. I lost both in the Powerseller and Top Rated Seller in same month, this is my 10th year on eBay.Looking to sell someplace else.eBay's fees OMG! Sold 94 items, mostly video game / accessory "eBays fees almost $400.00 no profit! I did better selling 20 -30 items. Lost soul....

Welcome Cancer7328 :)

Nice to have you with us! I think you'll find the list of alternatives on this link helpful - Link hidden: Login to view

Hope to see more of you on the forum!

Cheers

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!