Its mission, as stated in its “About Us” page, is plain and simple: “To make online shopping fun again!” And judging from its steady growth, vibrant activity, and glowing reviews, it appears that Atomic Mall is succeeding.
Started only in July 2008, the eBay alternative now has close to 6,500 sellers, and nearly 120,000 active listings. Part of this startup’s early success is probably because it has learned from eBay’s mistakes, and is committed to avoid these oversights. Atomic Mall’s features include:
* Free signup and membershipFree listings
* Free submission to search engines and shopping comparison sites
* Competitive completion fees charged only when you make a sale, starting from a fixed price of 10 cents for each transaction worth USD 2.50 or below, then calculated as a percentage of the transaction amount for transactions costing above this minimum amount. The percentage charged depends on the type of account you hold, and the transaction amount itself. You can check on the relevant FAQ for the complete listing of fees.
* Bulk uploader to speed up listings
* Single shopping cart, even when purchasing from multiple sellers
* Free storefront with search tools and categories
* Multiple payment options, including Google Checkout, Paypal, Money Orders/Cashier's Checks, and Personal Checks. A Seller can opt to include any one of these pay methods, or all of them.
* Built-in site-wide chat system
Recently, Atomic Mall has partnered with Repatoo.com, an online repository of buyer and seller feedback from various sources. Other innovations are planned, such as allowing buyers to haggle or negotiate with sellers. But perhaps the defining feature is the stated assurance that buyers and sellers are treated as 100% equals.
But as the proof is in the pudding, the best indicator of Atomic Mall’s success ought to be in happy, satisfied buyers and sellers. A look at the Atomic Mall community boards shows overwhelming positive feedback thus far, and it seems sellers are both happy and optimistic. And if that still doesn’t convince you, then check out these positive responses on the Amazon sellers' forum .
Atomic Mall has served notice! And its star is rising on the ecommerce horizon. What are your experiences with this emerging eBay competitor?
Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.
Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add email@example.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.
If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.