Mexican Customs Fees - Need more information

Free Member
16 Oct 11 06:34:23 pm
I mean, I don't want the package to get stuck in customs nor my client have to go for the package and make extra payments.

I appreciate your help!

thank you.

Site Admin
18 Oct 11 10:29:24 pm
Hi JC,

Goods brought into Mexico are subject to customs duties and taxes pretty much like products sent to Canada and the United States.

Customs authorities collect a value added tax (VAT) upon entry of the goods into Mexico. The VAT rate is normally 15%. The VAT is 10% for goods staying in the border zone (the border zone is usually up to 20 kilometers south of the U.S.-Mexico border). The VAT is assessed on the cumulative value of the customs value of the good plus the duty and other fees. (You might find additional information here helpful)

Hope this helps :)

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at