My SaleHoo Store

Free Member
kof356
hi.
have problems getting my domain to work on Salehoo-premium store
in the mail I got was this:

Thank you for your email. We need you two update your domain kofshop.com two use our SaleHoo Stores name servers.

Please configure the DNS two point two NameServer 1: ns1.softlayer.com
NameServer 2: ns2.softlayer.com

I tried to change dns-point 1 to ns1.softlayer.com
and dns pointing 2 to ns2.softlayer.com, but it was not accepted.

Now I can't go into the store at all.

can anyone help me? use www.domeneshop.no

my address is Link hidden: Login to view

*edit

when i put kofshop.com.w2.ddmstage.com on the dns pointer, I get access to the store, but others can not access it.
What should I do?

-Kim

t0psales
I too have a slight problem, I cant set the currency to AUD

Site Admin
fudjj
OK guys, I'll bring these issues to the attention of the development team. Just hang tight and we'll get it sorted.

:)

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
Site Admin
alice-salehoo
Hi Kim,

I have informed our development team about you problem and you can expect to hear from them soon.

T0psales:

Have you tried watching this video:

It should answer your questions about currency settings :)

I hope this helps.

Alice

Copywriter
SaleHoo Group Limited
Wholesale Directory by SaleHoo
t0psales
now my store has gone to the great net in the sky.

t0psales
I did briefly.. have to have another look.

Still wondering what to sell, thinking stuff from dropshipper plus stuff from around house, no listing fees, no FVF so easy

Site Admin
alice-salehoo
Yep, drop shipping on your own site is a whole different ball game from drop shipping on eBay - much more room for profit!

Alice

Copywriter
SaleHoo Group Limited
Site Admin
richellemonfort
I too have a slight problem, I cant set the currency to AUD

Hi T0pSales,

We've been getting a lot of questions in support about adding a different currency :)

To update your currency to Australian dollar as your default currency, kindly add it manually by logging in to your admin site. To add AUD, please do the following:

1. Go to Settings > Geographical Settings > Currency
2. Click on the [+Add New] button, you'll find this on the upper right corner of your admin screen
3. Fill in your Currency Title (Australian dollar), Code (AUD), Symbol Left($), Decimal Places(2), Value (refer to Link hidden: Login to view for current rate) and Status (Enabled).
4. Click Save.
5. Go to Store Settings > Configuration
6. Scroll down to Local > Currency and select Australia dollar to make AUD as the default currency for your store.

Hope this helps :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
t0psales
Is that value stated as USD value or what, also does it update daily?

t0psales
I think what maybe helpful for me and posibly others is a step by step guide on how to set it up, like videos are great, but me being old and all that, one video or text based instructions for doing each step one at a time.

Store header? is that the logo thing, where do I get one?

Free Member
ozziewolf
My 2c worth - hopefully this might be of use to someone.

I have a little experience with OsCommerce - which a lot of this store seems to replicate. With OS COMMERCE, to make AUD the default - you actually edit the USD Default one rather than create a new AUD entry.

However - here's a warning, when I tried this on the Salehoo store - my store crashed - I am waiting for Salehoo to fix it now - so I wouldn't try this JUST from my suggestion - I don't know if it was the modifying of the currency or something else that crashed my store - I post this incase it helps Salehoo with a different way of changing currency.

Free Member
cbeasymoney
i have just signed up for the new salehoo store.i have never had a website before so all of this is new to me.i have a brick store but i dont have a website for it because my store dont have the product in it that i would want to put on site otherwords im not happy with my store yet product wise.with starting this salhoo store i hope it will be successful for me and also for my brick store as well.i dont even know how to get started with this salehoo store because i have no product to put on there yet.i was thinking about using dropshippers first to put some of there products on my site to sell.that is from different dropshippers.i dont know how to set up the salehoo store or how to get the pictures from the dropshippers site to my store site.can anyone help me to get this up and going so i can start using my salehoo store to start saleing product.help help please.i would surely appreciate it a whole lot.thanks

Free Member
kof356
see the videos that are posted on the FAQ, they are very helpful =)

Site Admin
irene_salehoo
Hi cbeasymoney,

I'll help guide you. I just need information on the products you'd like to work on and on the domain name, etc. I'll be discussing this with you thru private message, please check your inbox.

Cheers!

Irene
Site Admin
alice-salehoo
@kof356:

I'm glad you like the help videos! I did the audio recordings from them, I hope you can understand my funny accent ;)

Alice

Copywriter
SaleHoo Group Limited
Free Member
bigt39
How are you guys??? i already purchase the salehoo store, im just thinking of what name on using in my domain....... because my store legally is named bigtonito store so im planing on going for this domain: www.bigtonitostore.com please let me know if this would be a nice domain name for me please??? once again thanks a lot, i will be waiting for your reply.

Site Admin
nick-salehoo
Good afternoon,

There are a couple of issues in this thread which I will try and address case by case.

@kof356;
Can you explain a little more about it not accepting them? You should be able to change the DNS servers of the domain - most places list these under 'Custom Name Servers'. I can't easily find it on their website because it's not english. Looking at your domain you have ns1.hyp.net ns2.hyp.net and ns3.hyp.net setup. Should be able to swap these and remove the third.

@T0pSales;
The value stated will be AUD - if you enter the correct currency symbol (AUD) then it will update daily. The support staff have covered what you need to set it up. If you're still stuck send them an email - they're happy to help.

@Ozziewolf;
To set another currency to default, you create it (detailed in this thread) and then goto Store Settings, and set that new currency to the default. Your store should be all sorted now - and not 'crashed'.

@bigt39;
I am busy but good thank you. Sounds like a nice name. You can also use - in domains as well to create 'space'.

If you guys have any more support needs, please use the contact form at
Link hidden: Login to view - and even watch the videos.

If you have suggestions for more videos or things you want added to the store please add it to our suggestion system Link hidden: Login to view

Anything else please don't hesitate to contact us.

Nick

Head of Technology
SaleHoo Group Limited
Site Admin
mikeantiga

when i put kofshop.com.w2.ddmstage.com on the dns pointer, I get access to the store, but others can not access it.
What should I do?

-Kim

Please note that creating a CNAME that points to your store's temporary URL kofshop.com.w2.ddmstage.com is not advised. Your domain needs to be pointed to the appropriate name servers (ie ns1.softlayer.com/ns2.softlayer.com.) for your store to work properly.

I just checked your domain name kofshop.com and verified that it is still not pointing to our name servers. As of checking, your domain name still points to the following:

ns1.hyp.net
ns2.hyp.net
ns3.hyp.net

Before changing the name servers, make sure you have properly "unlocked" the domain name. If ever your registrar requires you to enter an IP address for each name servers, please enter the corresponding IP addresses of our name servers below:

Primary NS: ns1.softlayer.com / IP Address: 67.228.254.4
Secondary NS: ns2.softlayer.com / IP Address: 67.228.255.5

If you're still getting errors, please contact your domain registrar (the company with which the domain kofshop.com is registered) and request them to point the name servers for you instead.

Free Member
enways10
hi there

I have bought the salehoostore and having the following issues.

1:I can't log in to my admin area. I have used the correct username and password but still am not going through. This has been going on when i first bought the store. Even am using the " forgot password" link, its not working as well. Am stuck can't do anything. Please help

2: My domain is not pointing to the correct server. I am not an IT person so need some help from Salehoo to get my site up and running. Please help

swxy1
ok my question is shipping
say shipping is $5.99
customer buys 3 items
will they have to pay $5.99 x3?
is there a video for this? lol
yes i'm old i need videos :P

Free Member
kof356
I switched to ns1.softlayer.com/ns2.softlayer.com, but it did not work.
so I switched back so that I could acsess the store again.
When I switched back now, did it work! finally!
now I'm happy! thank you for the wonderful support!

Free Member
kof356
hi there

I have bought the salehoostore and having the following issues.

1:I can't log in to my admin area. I have used the correct username and password but still am not going through. This has been going on when i first bought the store. Even am using the " forgot password" link, its not working as well. Am stuck can't do anything. Please help

I got the same problem sometimes, but not always.

Site Admin
fudjj
Guys, we all know there are some ongoing issues that the development team are working on currently. I just want to let you know that as it is the weekend, support response times may well slow down at this point, at least until Monday when everyone is back on deck.

For all ongoing problems, you can post them in this thread and support will get to them asap or you can choose to PM Nick, our Head Developer, directly. You'll find posts from Nick on page one of this thread where you can select the PM to get in touch with home directly.

Cheers

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

t0psales
Did someone open a can of worms..

Free Member
publiko

Before changing the name servers, make sure you have properly "unlocked" the domain name. If ever your registrar requires you to enter an IP address for each name servers, please enter the corresponding IP addresses of our name servers below:

Primary NS: ns1.softlayer.com / IP Address: 67.228.254.4
Secondary NS: ns2.softlayer.com / IP Address: 67.228.255.5

I did exactly like the quote instructed, but still i can't log in my store page, neither view my site on the web. When i clicked on *View my store front* or *Log in to my store*, all i get, is a *blank* page on my screen.

What should i do ? any advices ? Please help.

Free Member
bigt39
How can i remove this phrase( (excl. tax)) from the side of my products, that's not good having that because please would think that with the taxes my product prices would be very high, and that would cut off lot of sales, and i only charge taxes to ny anyways so there is no need of having that for everyone... please advice

Free Member
ujai
I have submitted a few requests at

Hopefully the dev team will consider it.

Thanks in advance

Free Member
publiko
hi.
have problems getting my domain to work on Salehoo-premium store
in the mail I got was this:

Thank you for your email. We need you two update your domain kofshop.com two use our SaleHoo Stores name servers.

Please configure the DNS two point two NameServer 1: ns1.softlayer.com
NameServer 2: ns2.softlayer.com

I tried to change dns-point 1 to ns1.softlayer.com
and dns pointing 2 to ns2.softlayer.com, but it was not accepted.

Now I can't go into the store at all.

can anyone help me? use www.domeneshop.no

my address is Link hidden: Login to view

*edit

What should I do?

-Kim

I have the same problem, can someone help please?. It has been almost a week i cant log in my Salehoo store, neither view my site on the web Link hidden: Login to view

Help, help. Dailing 911, please respond Salehoo store!!!

Free Member
vedbuens
I have now got my domain to work after changing the name server (it did take 24 hours for it to configure and in that time I couldn't access anything!) but now my problem is with uploading products from Turbo Lister. when I try to import the items the salehoo page keeps saying "The upload destination folder does not appear to be writable." Does anyone know what this is? I have tried heaps of different things but still no luck!

Cheers.

Site Admin
richellemonfort
I have the same problem, can someone help please?. It has been almost a week i cant log in my Salehoo store, neither view my site on the web Link hidden: Login to view

Help, help. Dailing 911, please respond Salehoo store!!!

@Publiko: I just received the feedback from Nick, our head developer and your issue has been fixed. Kindly try logging into your admin site and let us know how you get on.

Please refrain from removing any currency in your store to avoid any further issues.

For the steps on how to add and make a currency your store's default, please refer to this post -

Cheers :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
Site Admin
richellemonfort
I have now got my domain to work after changing the name server (it did take 24 hours for it to configure and in that time I couldn't access anything!) but now my problem is with uploading products from Turbo Lister. when I try to import the items the salehoo page keeps saying "The upload destination folder does not appear to be writable." Does anyone know what this is? I have tried heaps of different things but still no luck!

Cheers.

@vedbuens: Sorry for the inconvenience. There seems to be an issue from our end concerning store owners using Turbo Lister, but please be assured that this issue has been forwarded to Nick, the Head of our Development team. We'll be sure to update you once this has been fixed.

Cheers!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Free Member
publiko

@Publiko: I just received the feedback from Nick, our head developer and your issue has been fixed. Kindly try logging into your admin site and let us know how you get on.

Cheers :)

Thank you for the wonderful support!. Everything is perfectly fine now, thank you Richelle & Nick

Free Member
bigt39
How can i remove this phrase( (excl. tax)) from the side of my products, that's not good having that because please would think that with the taxes my product prices would be very high, and that would cut off lot of sales, and i only charge taxes to ny anyways so there is no need of having that for everyone... please advice

Free Member
kof356
hello again.
I created a user on my shop. and ordered an item.
the confirmation was this:
Please transfer the total amount to the following bank account. Please transfer the total amount to the following bank account; 11122-556543242234 Please use your email address as a reference on the payment Your order will not ship until we receive payment.

who's account number is this?

Site Admin
irene_salehoo
hello again.
I created a user on my shop. and ordered an item.
the confirmation was this:
Please transfer the total amount to the following bank account. Please transfer the total amount to the following bank account; 11122-556543242234 Please use your email address as a reference on the payment Your order will not ship until we receive payment.

who's account number is this?

Hi kof356,

Kindly send us a screen shot of this message, and the log in details of your Store account (Please don't post them here in the forum), send the info to us at support@salehoo.com. Let me know once you've sent them in and I'll forward them to our developers for investigation. Alert me thru private message when you've sent the email.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Irene
Free Member
vedbuens
I still can't upload any stock. Is there another way to do this other than Turbo Lister?

Cheers.

@vedbuens: Sorry for the inconvenience. There seems to be an issue from our end concerning store owners using Turbo Lister, but please be assured that this issue has been forwarded to Nick, the Head of our Development team. We'll be sure to update you once this has been fixed.

Cheers!

Site Admin
richellemonfort
Hi again vedbuens,

You can load your listings manually for the time being. We are really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused but our developers are trying to resolve this issue asap!

All the best :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Free Member
kof356
I give up.
in Norway, you must pay 25% tax on goods over 200kr.
t-shirts and jackets got 10.7% customs duty as well.
the shoes are only 25% tax, no customs.
when I try to create a new "tax class" and makes a 25% + 10.7% and one tax class with only 25% tax, I get in the checkout that you do not have to pay tax. Then suddenly none of the "tax classes" works enymore.
what should i do???

Site Admin
irene_salehoo
Hi kof356,

The tax class/rate that you have set will be matched to what was typed in as delivery address by your buyer as he/she fills in the address in the checkout process.

I am sending you a detailed instruction how to set your tax rate correctly in your store, through PM, please check your inbox :)

Cheers!

Irene
Free Member
chicodai

Free Member
navel
Hi all,

I have been checking back to "How can i remove this phrase (excl. tax) from the side of my products?" but have not seen a reply to that question for eliminating that on the store site. I would like to see the phrase removed.

My current problem is clothing with multiple colors and sizes. Aside from entering each variation of the product separately, how do I list the variations? Listing each variation makes my site look cluttered with the same item repeated for each size and color. I tried the variation options settings, but upon checkout the options failed terribly.

I added a women's top, size 3X, for $4.00 extra in the option. The customer has no way to let me know that they want this size. Just adding variation of color with no change in price, the customer has no way to let me know the color of the item they desire without putting something in the comment box at checkout.

Maybe I am missing something. I have been wrong a time or two.

Thanks again.

--------------------------------------------
I sent a help ticket and received a quick reply. Received from Irene in Customer Support by email:

Thanks for your email.

You can list various colors as well as sizes. To add variation to your
product listing, please do the following:

Go to Products > Products and scroll down to Variations
Click on [+Add Option:d0056940]

Fill in the required in details: Options (indicate if your variation is
Size, Color..), Opt Value (ex Size: Small, Medium), Prefix (select + if
your customer will pay more, - if they will pay less), Price (cost on
top/less of the listed price)
To add another size just click on [+:d0056940] on the lower right of the Options
box
Once done, click save at the bottom of the page and the changes will be
saved to your store.

Hope this helps :)
-------------------------------------

Yes I did mess up and now can add variations, but if I have a variation box open but blank, how do I get rid of the empty drop down box the customer sees?

Thanks again.

Free Member
bigt39
YUPPY !!! I SOLD MY FIRST ITEM THE 15TH OF THIS MONTH (3 DAYS AGO FROM NOW) AND BY NOW I HAVE SOLD THREE ITEMS ALREADY, HAVE ANY ONE ELSE SELL ANYTHING >>???

Site Admin
richellemonfort
YUPPY !!! I SOLD MY FIRST ITEM THE 15TH OF THIS MONTH (3 DAYS AGO FROM NOW) AND BY NOW I HAVE SOLD THREE ITEMS ALREADY, HAVE ANY ONE ELSE SELL ANYTHING >>???

Hi bigt39,

Congratulations on your first sale (and the other 2 after!) As far as I can recall you have been the first one to update us with your progress :)

It would nice to know how the others are doing.

To more sales! :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Free Member
kof356
Hi.
I have also made some sales :) Its fun when things are working like you want :)

Is it possible to advertise other companies banners on Salehoo store?
Its possible to make some money on that to.

Site Admin
richellemonfort
Good for you, kof356! Congratulations :)

Sorry but currently there's no option to add banner advertisements within SaleHoo Stores store. I would recommend you add your request or suggestion to our Link hidden: Login to view where our developers have direct access to them.

Hope this helps!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
ckt4
Are salehoo stores down? Database Error Occured when I access my store. Please help. I've created a ticket but no response until now. BKD-488193

How can I avail of the premium support that was part of the Salehoo store package that I subscribed to?

Site Admin
richellemonfort
HI CKT4,

Sorry for the inconvenience, our developers have now fixed and resolved the issue. I have also responded to your ticket.

How can I avail of the premium support that was part of the Salehoo store package that I subscribed to?

Please note that we do our best to address all tickets or issues within 24 hours of receipt. Unfortunately at this time we do not offer support 24 hours a day.

All the best :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.