Salehoo Store Shipping

kimmy71
Has anyone got this one figured out? I am sure that I am making this way to hard on myself. I have set up the geo zones but when I go to set up the shipping it wants a cost. Ok...fine....
But when you have items that all have different weights and shipping suppliers....what cost do you use?
I don't want to set up for a 1lb package going USPS and then be responsible for a 5lb package going UPS. Big price difference there.
Any help here would be greatly appreciated as I seem to be stuck here.

Site Admin
richellemonfort
Hi kimmy71,

Shipping rates in the SaleHoo Stores can be set only by the buyers' location and not on the weight/product.

In the SaleHoo Stores, before setting any tax rates, and shipping rates, we need to configure the Geographic Settings, specifically the Geo Zones of the buyers for the store. In simplest terms, through the Geo Zones, you are going to create zones - country /state (or all zone) in your store, so that when a customer buys from your store, when they check out, they will define their region/delivery address, and based on their location they will be charged with the tax rate or shipping rate that you have set for such state or country. :) We cannot set any shipping rate or tax rate until we have defined a zone to tag that rate to. For example if you are in the USA, you may need to collect sales tax on sales made to buyers in your state. So if you are selling to buyers in Ohio, and you live in Ohio, then you will need to collect sales tax, and you will need to create a Tax class for that. If your buyer lives outside of Ohio, then you won't need to collect Sales Tax and you also need to create a Tax Class for that scenario. To configure the Geo Zones, go to Settings, Geographic Settings, Geo Zones Link hidden: Login to view

Similarly, once you have set the Geo Zones, you can set the shipping rates. Go to Settings, Store Settings, then Shipping. You can Add New, to set a new shipping rate, put 'Title' for the shipping rate (just for you to identify what it is, ex. Within USA, or Japan, etc).

Select the type of shipping - Per Item means the rate will be multiplied per product item purchased, Flat rate means the rate covers the entire order (which obviously should work for small items than big items), and then Free shipping.

Link hidden: Login to view

Hope this helps :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
Free Member
stereo-image
Hi kimmy71,

Shipping rates in the SaleHoo Stores can be set only by the buyers' location and not on the weight/product.

In the SaleHoo Stores, before setting any tax rates, and shipping rates, we need to configure the Geographic Settings, specifically the Geo Zones of the buyers for the store. In simplest terms, through the Geo Zones, you are going to create zones - country /state (or all zone) in your store, so that when a customer buys from your store, when they check out, they will define their region/delivery address, and based on their location they will be charged with the tax rate or shipping rate that you have set for such state or country. :) We cannot set any shipping rate or tax rate until we have defined a zone to tag that rate to. For example if you are in the USA, you may need to collect sales tax on sales made to buyers in your state. So if you are selling to buyers in Ohio, and you live in Ohio, then you will need to collect sales tax, and you will need to create a Tax class for that. If your buyer lives outside of Ohio, then you won't need to collect Sales Tax and you also need to create a Tax Class for that scenario. To configure the Geo Zones, go to Settings, Geographic Settings, Geo Zones Link hidden: Login to view

Similarly, once you have set the Geo Zones, you can set the shipping rates. Go to Settings, Store Settings, then Shipping. You can Add New, to set a new shipping rate, put 'Title' for the shipping rate (just for you to identify what it is, ex. Within USA, or Japan, etc).

Select the type of shipping - Per Item means the rate will be multiplied per product item purchased, Flat rate means the rate covers the entire order (which obviously should work for small items than big items), and then Free shipping.

Link hidden: Login to view

Hi Richelle

Been trying to figure this out the whole time to.

I understand you can only set up shipping for each different location.

But if you have different suppliers and different products how can you cope as the suppliers would have different rates per item due to the size of the item.

For example.

Sunglasses from oo.com.au has a shipping cost of $13.85 to NEw Zealand

Beats headphones cost $15.87 for shipping to New Zealand

How would i set this up as a shipping option?

Basics i would go to shipping and add new zealand as a title then add a rate of say $14?

I don't understand why I cant just set a shipping cost per item as you would on e-bay or trade me?

Thank you for your time :)

Hope to hear from you soon

Regards
Brendin

Site Admin
richellemonfort
Hi Brendin,

Welcome to the forums :)

As per the update provided by our developers last February of this year, you can now add different shipping options and include per item pricing.

After setting up your Geographic Setting in Shipping kindly click on "Add New" and set Normal Shipping, International, DHL and add the shipping rate. When your buyer checks out he can see these options...

We are also planning on adding a shipping calculator to provide even better shipping options -
We are currently looking at this and will be doing it during the second quarter of this year. It’s a big module and we’ll pull it in as part of a bunch of other changes.

This would be around April. I will update you once detailed planning of it’s underway and I have a release timeline.
- Link hidden: Login to view

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
Free Member
stereo-image
Hey Richelle

Thanks for your reply!

Per item shipping doesnt work like you say it does tho - if i list something on trademe i list the shipping price right? so then i add another item and add that items shipping rate? which is different form the other item.

So i cant apply individual shipping costs for each indivudal item?

Hope that makes sense.

Thank you :)

Free Member
anthony209
I also was trying to set up my store and after manually entering product weight for about 80 items I checked and entering the weight is pretty much useless on my store, because at checkout my customers purchases will not be calculated by weight at all. How can I run my store like this? Anybody know of a hosting site that addresses this shipping issue?

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.