I am a French student who discovered the concept of dropshipping full of hope. After a few days, I am still very enthusiastic but quite confused too. Of course I didn't expect it to be easy (where would be the fun? :p). But the help of other French dropshippers would be more than welcome. For example, here are a few things I am quite confused about :
1) Is it really possible to dropship from another country to France. Of course it's possible in theory, but for the niches I found, the shipping costs destroy all hope of profit.
Let me give you an example. The average price of the items I intend to sell is under 30 euros, and the cost of shipping from UK is at least 15 euros. So should I choose much more expensive items so that I can make profit? Or did I simply miss something?
2) I had a great idea related to Asian fashion, but there again a big probelm appeared. Importing to France costs a lot, and as a student I can't afford to buy wholesale. Plus French law says that the customer could return the product in the next 7 days after buying, which would happen a lot in fashion. How do you French dropshippers deal with that? The only solution I found is to sell usable products, the kind that people will destroy immediately after using (sorry not sure of how it's called in English).
3) I would be tempted to open a shop directly, that'"s something I can do with not much problem as I already created a few websites. But I wonder, isn't it better to first start on ebay or amazon, to practice and see which products sell and which don't?
4) Legally I am auto-entrepreneur, is that a good choice for dropshipping? Any other suggestion? Knowing that my aim at the moment isn't to earn a lot. 400 euros per month would be enough.
5) Are French dropshippers worth it? I did find many French dropshippers. But they don't seem that good. First most of them also have a webshop where they sell the products they dropship to you. Which means they are competiting against you, and I have no doubt it's impossible to compete against them as they are directly deciding how much they sell me products for. Others seem nice, but charge 50 euros per month or 300 euros per year for example for using their dropshipping services.
Your help would be much apreciated :)