SaleHoo E-Store Set Up Questions

Free Member
richbuy
Hello Again,

Now that I have finished watching the videos to start setting up my e-store I have a few more questions and need more of your help please:

When I’m setting up my salehoo store & I’m uploading the items I want to sell from a company do I still have to enter the product name under brands and or the categories or is this automatically set up as well as product ID/SKU?

If I do have to set up & enter the brands & categories should I make it identical to what my provider has entered on their site as well as product ID/SKU?

I reside in the State of Michigan and I’m not sure what I should be doing in regards to sales tax for my e-store? Do I charge tax or not especially since I see everything on line tax free!

The shipping & Delivery feature allows me to enter the weight & class but if the drop shipper is taking care of that what do I enter or how do I complete that part?

How do I know the type, flat rate status type of shipping, GEO Zone, Cost and Tax Class when I’m doing drop shipping?

In Geographic Settings again am I setting up the weight class if I‘m doing drop shipping?

If I don’t use/have Outlook what email can I use? What are the email accounts that come with the plans with the e-store account with salehoo (how does that work)?

I almost forgot…

How are emails sent to my buyers for example when a customer makes a purchase is an automatic email sent to the buyer with the details and list of items purchased with dollar amounts and cost of shipping?

Also, after I make the purchase and forward the drop ship information to the company I’m working with do they send the buyer the shipping information and tracking number or do I?

What if my buyers make multiple purchases on my site but they are from multiple companies I’m working with, how does that affect the invoice from my questions above as well as shipping costs and time? How does all this tie together?

Thanks in advance

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi RB, one of our support team will cover the issues for you far more informatively than I am able to shortly :)

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello again RichBuy,

I will address your concerns individually, kindly refer to my emails below -

When I’m setting up my salehoo store & I’m uploading the items I want to sell from a company do I still have to enter the product name under brands and or the categories or is this automatically set up as well as product ID/SKU?

You will need to fill all the information up yourself. You can also import products from your supplier by using a CSV file.

If I do have to set up & enter the brands & categories should I make it identical to what my provider has entered on their site as well as product ID/SKU?

Ideally yes, although I'm not sure if down to the product ID or SKU unless you are using a CSV file provided by your supplier.

I reside in the State of Michigan and I’m not sure what I should be doing in regards to sales tax for my e-store? Do I charge tax or not especially since I see everything on line tax free!

According to Michigan's Treasury Department, all businesses that sell tangible personal property to the final consumer need a sales tax license, even for online sales. Consumer purchases over the Internet by Michigan residents that are taxable under Michigan law - so it's not tax free :)

An application for sales tax may be obtained from Link hidden: Login to view.

The shipping & Delivery feature allows me to enter the weight & class but if the drop shipper is taking care of that what do I enter or how do I complete that part? How do I know the type, flat rate status type of shipping, GEO Zone, Cost and Tax Class when I’m doing drop shipping?In Geographic Settings again am I setting up the weight class if I‘m doing drop shipping?

You have to keep in mind that your customer will not be in contact with your dropshipper, and ideally your goal is to keep your dropshipper a secret from your customers.

Although shipping will be arranged by your dropshipper you will still in the end pass the shipping cost to your customer so you still need to set this up in the most convenient way for you in terms of shipping cost. In this arrangement a flat rate shipping might be most ideal.

If I don’t use/have Outlook what email can I use? What are the email accounts that come with the plans with the e-store account with salehoo (how does that work)?

We offer email hosting for your store. You have two options to access your Salehoo Email account, (1) webmail and (2) email client.

For the webmail option, you can access that via the link provided in your salehoo store account. You can access it using any browser.

For the email client option, you can either use MS Outlook or any other free email client software downloadable in the internet. Mozilla Thunderbird is one of them

How are emails sent to my buyers for example when a customer makes a purchase is an automatic email sent to the buyer with the details and list of items purchased with dollar amounts and cost of shipping?

The stores system should send an email with the details of the purchase to your customers once the purchase has been completed. The default format is:

Your order with %STORE_NAME% has been placed.

You can view your order online with the following link.
%URL%

Kind regards,

%STORE_NAME%

%STORE_URL%

But you can modify that when you login to your admin site by going to Settings > Store Settings > Email

Also, after I make the purchase and forward the drop ship information to the company I’m working with do they send the buyer the shipping information and tracking number or do I?

All transactions/communication will be strictly between you and your dropshipper; between you and your customer, it should never cross other wise your customer will be buying directly from your supplier.
So once your dropshipper confirms the order/shipment you then confirm everything with your customer.

What if my buyers make multiple purchases on my site but they are from multiple companies I’m working with, how does that affect the invoice from my questions above as well as shipping costs and time? How does all this tie together?

Your customer will receive a single email per transaction (checkout), so if your customer will purchase several products in one transaction, he will receive a single acknowledgement email with a link where he can see the details of the transaction. But because the products he bought are from several suppliers he will receive several packages from the different suppliers.

Hope this helps you off to a good start! :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
Free Member
richbuy
OMG, you’re great & I hope all my questions are not getting to ya… But I’m really trying to become as knowledgably as I can in a short amount of time so I can get this going.

OK, I understand if I’m using a CSV file from my supplier I can make my descriptions as similar as possible, but I’m still not sure what to enter for shipping costs?

How will I know what to enter and how to calculate the cost for the product/products the shopper’s purchase (I’m not very clear on that)?

Also what is the shopper purchases different products from different suppliers I have on my site how will I calculate the shipping costs between 2/3/4 different suppliers?

I’m sorry if I coming off as being difficult, I’m not trying to be its just that
I really need this to work and I have never done anything like this.

Thanks Again

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello RichBuy,

Shipping cost will not be added through your CSV file. You can set different Shipping Options at Settings/ Store Settings/ Shipping, "Add New".

Please also note that shipping rates in the SaleHoo Stores can be set only by the buyers' location and not on the weight/product.

In the SaleHoo Stores, before setting any tax rates, and shipping rates, we need to configure the Geographic Settings, specifically the Geo Zones of the buyers for the store. In simplest terms, through the Geo Zones, you are going to create zones - country /state (or all zone) in your store, so that when a customer buys from your store, when they check out, they will define their region/delivery address, and based on their location they will be charged with the tax rate or shipping rate that you have set for such state or country. :) We cannot set any shipping rate or tax rate until we have defined a zone to tag that rate to. For example if you are in the USA, you may need to collect sales tax on sales made to buyers in your state. So if you are selling to buyers in Ohio, and you live in Ohio, then you will need to collect sales tax, and you will need to create a Tax class for that. If your buyer lives outside of Ohio, then you won't need to collect Sales Tax and you also need to create a Tax Class for that scenario. To configure the Geo Zones, go to Settings, Geographic Settings, Geo Zones Link hidden: Login to view

Similarly, once you have set the Geo Zones, you can set the shipping rates. Go to Settings, Store Settings, then Shipping. You can Add New, to set a new shipping rate, put 'Title' for the shipping rate (just for you to identify what it is, ex. Within USA, or Japan, etc).

Select the type of shipping - Per Item means the rate will be multiplied per product item purchased, Flat rate means the rate covers the entire order (which obviously should work for small items than big items), and then Free shipping, Link hidden: Login to view

Hope this helps!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
Free Member
richbuy
Thanks Richelle, you have been a great help and I hope you don’t mind me picking you brain you really know your stuff :)

I understand it more and more every day. I think I will be ready by next week to start working on setting up my store and I work 8am to 6pm Monday - Friday and I am hoping that if I need any help setting up my store will I be able to contact and speak with someone after 6pm or on weekends?

Also, is there anything/any site you might recommend for creating a banner?

Thanks

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
You're quite welcome RichBuy! At SaleHoo we always do what we can to help out our members :)

We do have staff working over the weekend but only for a limited time (usually a couple of hours on each day) and we don't usually come in on a fixed schedule. But either my colleague, Irene or myself should be there to help you out should you require any assistance.

You can try visiting and posting a job at Link hidden: Login to view or Link hidden: Login to view for your banner.

Hope this helps!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Free Member
richbuy
Hello Again,

I have Googled PayPal and found some really interesting comments especially on YouTube which made me a little worried. How they can hold your funds, freeze your account, charge backs and so many other issues. I’m wondering if this is the way to go.

Is there an alternative to setting up my SaleHoo store and using a different source for payment for example Google Checkout/Wallet? Or what else could I use that you might recommend?

Thanks

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello RichBuy,

Yes there are many scary stories regarding a PayPal yet they are still the one of the most trusted mode of payment online. I think you'll find this Link hidden: Login to view helpful in avoiding the 21 day hold altogether.

But if you really would rather not use them, you have other options in you store like Google Checkout and 2Checkout.

All the best!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Free Member
richbuy
Hello My Friends,

I finally joined, and I’m working on putting my store together. But as you guessed I have a few questions.

Under options when you’re setting up your store for the first time there is a question asking “default out of stock status” and the options are 2/3 day, in stock, in store, or out of stock what should I select?

The next question is the Tax prompt: the question is “Store front display with tax” should I select yes or no? Then the “Tax Class and Tax Rate” I’m not sure how that works?

I went to the tax heading and deleted the 4% tax for Alabama and entered the state of Michigan and entered 6% yet it still did not take and it’s still showing Alabama???

Am I supposed to have all the payment types that are listed in the payments tab? Or can I just have PayPal? And what’s the difference between PayPal and PayPal Direct Checkout?

While I was setting up the email confirmations when a customer signs up does an automatic email go back to them with their email and password or do I have to do anything?

On the “order update” and “order confirmation” when my supplier provides me with the URL to track the item/items shipped is that what I’m in turn forwarding to the client?

While setting up the “Categories” there is a heading that says “SEO - Page Title” I don’t understand what that means?

Do I set up my GEO zone from where I am or from where my suppliers are? And how do I find out what my GEO is in the first place?

Lastly, my store front, banner and logo if I wanted to change them how do I do that?

I tried under settings but I wanted to see more options. I seen a few under vistaprint but I was not sure if I could use that?

They have all three and I wanted to check if I could use what I liked there?

And do these banners, store front and logo need to be a specific size or
something?

Thanks for your patients

Thanks

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello again RichBuy,

The optimal size of a banner for SaleHoo Stores is up to 468px X 90px.

Hope this helps!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Free Member
richbuy
Hello Richelle,

You are always a great help I really think I would be lost without your willingness to help and providing me with your knowledge. I’m still stuck on a few questions below I hope you can help me with.

While setting up the “Categories” there is a heading that says “SEO - Page Title” I don’t understand what that means?

Thanks again

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello again RichBuy,

It's all part of the job :) and we are always happy to help out here at SaleHoo!

Under options when you’re setting up your store for the first time there is a question asking “default out of stock status” and the options are 2/3 day, in stock, in store, or out of stock what should I select?

IT really depends on you /your stock availability. If your items are in stock, then select that option.

The fields under the "SEO" portion of the Category configuration page is optional but we strongly advice that you complete these fields to improve the on-page optimization of your category pages. This will help them improve your site's ranking in Google and therefore increase your site's traffic.

The "page title" box, this is the text that will appear at the top of their browser when they access the category page in the storefront.

In simplest terms, through the Geo Zones, you are going to create zones - country /state (or all zone) in your store, so that when a customer buys from your store, when they check out, they will define their region/delivery address, and based on their location they will be charged with the tax rate or shipping rate that you have set for such state or country. :) We cannot set any shipping rate or tax rate until we have defined a zone to tag that rate to. For example if you are in the USA, you may need to collect sales tax on sales made to buyers in your state. So if you are selling to buyers in Ohio, and you live in Ohio, then you will need to collect sales tax, and you will need to create a Tax class for that. If your buyer lives outside of Ohio, then you won't need to collect Sales Tax and you also need to create a Tax Class for that scenario. To configure the Geo Zones, go to Settings, Geographic Settings, Geo Zones Link hidden: Login to view

Hope this helps. :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Free Member
richbuy
Its me again lol,

I have learned so so much thanks to you and I'm stilllearning, Im now setting up my store:

Everytime I put a price in for an item it shows a lesser price (for example I put a price for a top at $18.25 and when I checked the site it said $17.22) and I dont know why?
I need to charge tax for Michigan residents and nobody else. I have something backwords.

Also, If I I enter something under variations and want to remove it how do I do that because I tried and its still visable under the product originally entered under?

Please help.

Thanks

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello again RichBuy,

I tried to do a test purchase but somehow I can't seem to access your store's front end. Also I checked from your admin site you have clearly defined your Geozone and Tax Class. From your Store Settings you can set it under tax based on your Geo Zone and Tax Class settings.

It would easier to test/check if we can have access to your store front.

If it is fine with you please give us access to your store front and give us a specific product and price to use for testing purposes.

To remove a variation, from your admin site please go to Products > Products > Select your product > Scroll down to Variations and tick the [x:dece29d3] button to the right of "Options". Once done please click save to save the change you made. That should remove the variation you have added.

Hope this helps!

PS If you don't want to share your store's link on the forum please feel free to PM me :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Free Member
richbuy
Thanks and I apologize for any inconvenience my namesaver were changed after parking the site and I didn’t know. I got everything corrected with the namesaver and the site is back up. I have also realized after speaking with the companies that I will be dealing with that they are not charging the same and the weight class charges are all different shipping rates and some have handling fees, additional item fees and some have all the above or a flat fee. So now I’m lost again, and I definitely need your expertise.

Sincerely
Confused

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello again RichBuy,

I think I figured it out :) I have played around with your listings price for the sake of testing so please update the 2 products with the correct prices from your end -

In the link below you will see the checkout for a basic tee purchased by a customer in Michigan, notice that the sales tax is charged as it should be - Link hidden: Login to view

In this one, the buyer is from Ohio and upon checkout the additional amount for tax is removed - Link hidden: Login to view

When you set the individual items prices please make sure you tag them as Taxable Goods, just be sure the 6% rate you have keyed in is correct.

As for weight sorry we do not currently have a shipping calculator to help make shipping rates and arrangements much easier. But please be assured that our development team has included a general shipping calculator and various shipping modification in the development roadmap for SaleHoo Stores

Unfortunately our development roadmap is a bit behind schedule as of the moment.

All the best! :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Free Member
richbuy
Hi Richelle,

THanks for all your help, when I clicked on both links everything was empty on my site but I have gone in and set the options as you suggested.

Can I change the wording so it does NOT look like I'm charging Michigan sales tax to everyone? For ex:Mi state sales tax only. (I just dont like how it looks)

Also, what would you recomend as far as he shipping? I really have no idea what to do. I have different companies with different variation and I dont want to mess up my site by having good prices yet have shipping mess up the deal!!!

Any help or recomendations would be great
Thanks

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello again RichBuy,

I have updated your stores settings in Settings > Store Settings > Configuration > Tax - To not show the product price with taxes so it will no longer display as (incl. Michigan sate sales tax).

Just be sure to tag your individual product listings as taxable goods so that MI sales tax will be charged to your customers within the state of MI.

As for shipping the best option we can suggest is you base your shipping rates on your customers location by creating Geo zones. You can go to Settings > Store Settings > Shipping, once you set the rate, you can tag it to a Geo zone.

Once our shipping calculator goes live you should has more convenient way of setting your shipping rates :)

Hope this helps!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Free Member
richbuy
Hi and boy you just make things better and better,

First thanks for adjusting the site so that the Michigan tax does not show I appreciate that. Back to the shipping in the store setting > shipping, I have shipping within United States and shipping within Michigan, United States. Yet I’m not sure if I should be selecting taxable goods under tax class under shipping.

But because I don’t know where my customers will be placing their orders from or shipped to, what would you think about a flat rate and a dollar per additional item? But see the weight class will come into play and could through my profits off completely.

Another shipping issue comes to mind, what happens when I have a customer purchase a shirt from one of my suppliers and another product from another supplier of mine. When I forward and make that purchase to be sent to the customer I will have to pay for both suppliers product and individual shipping for both products which will again blow out my profits correct???

Also, what if the customer purchases items from one supplier and then makes another purchase from another supplier then I have both to deal with as far as shipping.

O, I almost forgot should I or do I want to set the inventory levels for each product and should I still except the order if the stock is out?

Uuuhhhhhhhh

Free Member
richbuy
Hi,

Please help, see previous post it seems like I'm stuck and I nned help with some of the questions in the previous post!

which are as follows:
because I don’t know where my customers will be placing their orders from or shipped to, what would you think about a flat rate and a dollar per additional item? But see the weight class will come into play and could through my profits off completely.

Another shipping issue comes to mind, what happens when I have a customer purchase a shirt from one of my suppliers and another product from another supplier of mine. When I forward and make that purchase to be sent to the customer I will have to pay for both suppliers product and individual shipping for both products which will again blow out my profits correct???

O, I almost forgot should I or do I want to set the inventory levels for each product and should I still except the order if the stock is out?

Uuuhhhhhhhh

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello again RichBuy,

I'm not sure we can do an additional dollar per additional item, if this the option you have in mind I think it would be easier for you if you charge shipping per item rather then flat rate.

What I did in my test store was set my shipping rate based on my Geo zones. For example I am based in Alabama and I ship within Alabama, within the US and internationally.

Within Alabama - Use a flat rate shipping and tag this as Taxable goods

Within the US - Use a per item shipping rate and do not tag this as taxable

International orders - Use a per item rate but higher than that of the rate for within the US.

This is a very common dilemma among sellers using more than 1 dropshipper. There is really nothing much you can do about this. The usual advice given by veteran sellers is to add a place of origin for your products so your customers know what to expect.

As for the appropriate rate for shipping, for me personally this is the most challenging. The best suggestion I can think of is that you find the median rate for all your suppliers and set an approximate amount that will not leave you at a loss.

Yes, you have to update the stock levels in your store in correspondence to that of your suppliers. If your supplier runs out of stock then best to not continue listing it in your store. You'll get more than a headache if you do. Back orders often result to nothing but trouble plus sometimes it takes longer than usual for suppliers to restock certain items.

Hope this helps :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Free Member
richbuy
You always make things better great ideas,

But I did not know I could assign more than one sipping rates for all my products.

Then im assuming that the site will make the distinction between those residing in Michigan & everywhere else ?

Also, I want to make sure I understand this correctly that if a shopper purchases items from the different suppliers I will have to make for example two drop ship orders and there will be two different shipping charges and packages, right?

Pls. bare with me & tks

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello RichBuy,

Here's my take on your questions -

But I did not know I could assign more than one sipping rates for all my products.

Then im assuming that the site will make the distinction between those residing in Michigan & everywhere else ?

Actually the shipping rates will apply to all your products and cannot be set individually per listing/item. The shippings will be added or computed by your store's checkout cart when your customer provides their address.. You can try testing it by doing a test buy and using an address in Michigan and one outside MI but within the US as well as an international address. You'll notice that the shipping rate is fixed but will vary based on the address added.

Also, I want to make sure I understand this correctly that if a shopper purchases items from the different suppliers I will have to make for example two drop ship orders and there will be two different shipping charges and packages, right?

Yes, you understood correctly, and you will also be charging your customer for the 2 items as well as for shipping.

Hope this helps :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.