Verify Dropship Suppliers

bccommerce15
1.) Link hidden: Login to view

These guys look good to me other than one red flag I found in the following link, at the bottom of their FAQ Page, about drop shipping. If they are legit, why in the world would they need to charge me $199/yr to sell their products??

Link hidden: Login to view

2.) Link hidden: Login to view

I didn't see any red flags at all with these guys, and they look professional and legit. But, I would feel comfortable if someone with more experience than I have would check them out as well.

3.) Link hidden: Login to view

Last one. Just looking for an extra level of comfort.

Thank you Salehoo Staff and experienced members!

BC Commerce

Brandon Meeks - Owner
Free Member
mj09va
Dear Brandon,

Some dropshippers charge, others don't, it's not really a case of right or wrong. Since you are drop shipping normally as one of the cons of this process is that you don't have access to bulk product discounts.

I have read their T&C and this is their membership fee for their drop shipping programs which would make you their web merchant and would entitle you to:
a)Wholesale pricing
b)Log-in for our wholesale website
c)Blind drop shipping
as enumerated on their terms.

Hope this helps.
Elizabeth

IMEX Sourcing Services - Managing All Your China Sourcing & Quality Control Needs
China Sourcing Services ! China Pre Shipment Inspection & China Company Verification
Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello Brandon,

If a dropper asks for an annual fee or a drop shipping fee per transaction, it does not necessarily make them dodgy :)

Some of the drop shippers including those in our directory do charge small account set-up fees. While by no means ideal, a small account set-up fee is fairly common practice among drop shippers. In most cases we can understand the charge because it costs the drop shipper time and money to process a new account. That said, not all drop shippers in SaleHoo charge a fee. And even if an account set-up fee is charged, you can often get around it by purchasing through the wholesale area of the site rather than the drop shipping area.

All 3 drop shippers look legitimate and have been online for over a year at the very least. Unfortunately without any previous experience in dealing with them we cannot vouch for their safety. The 3rd on though - Link hidden: Login to view was previously listed in our directory but around 2013, they confirmed that they re no longer accepting new merchant applications thus we have removed them since then.

You see, here at SaleHoo we take a number of steps to ensure that suppliers meet our rigorous standards before they are added to the database.

* All our wholesalers must meet minimum standards of service. Most notably, we insist that suppliers provide secure payment methods so that in the unlikely event of something going wrong, members can always get their money back.
* We make anonymous purchases from all our suppliers and then rate them on price, speed, quality and service.
* Our three-tiered review system means that you don't only get our opinion on a supplier - you also get ratings from other SaleHoo members and independent eBay powersellers! You don't need to take just our word for it... find out what everyone else is saying, and judge for yourself.
* If a supplier receives a poor review, we keep both the supplier and the review in our database to alert other members. We believe that knowing who you can't trust is as important as knowing who you can.

Here are some simple things you can do to protect yourself when dealing with any supplier (especially those found outside of SaleHoo).

1. Run a whois check on the supplier's website to verify when it was created (it is safest to deal with suppliers who have been online for at least two years), who owns the domain, and where the domain was registered (the country should match the contact details on the supplier's website). We recommend using Link hidden: Login to view (replace salehoo.com with the url of the supplier).
2. Search the SaleHoo forum for the supplier's website/company name and see what other members have to say.
3. Call the supplier's telephone numbers to ensure they are genuine.
4. Purchase a sample before bulk ordering to ensure that the item meets your expectations.
5. Watch out for sellers asking you to "safeguard" your purchase by sending your money transfer in the name of a friend or loved one, or by establishing a "test question". These actions will not protect you from a fraudulent seller.
6. Low prices do not necessarily mean fraud, but radically low prices should warrant a closer look. If a price seems to good to be true, it probably is. Ask the seller as many questions about the item's authenticity as you can before you go any further.
7. Always use a credit card or Paypal to purchase goods. These forms of payment are safe because they give you a comeback if something goes wrong. With these payment methods, you can usually have the transaction reversed fairly easily if necessary.

I hope this helps :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
bccommerce15
Thanks both of you for the extensive answers! Very helpful.

Getting into ecommerce is thrilling. It's like a game, but very real at the same time. I think, when you have fun with something like this and you put your heart into it, your success level skyrockets! And, maybe you will even forget it's work! :) I'm just trying not to let my feet get ahead of my brain. Going for quality over speed. Impatience = failure.

--That was all free - no charge! :)

Next, I'll be looking for drop shippers in Cookware. I bet Salehoo has good ones for that.

Thanks again, and wish you the best on your sales!

BC Commerce

Brandon Meeks - Owner

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.