Sorry just read your post today. China should be the last place on your list better yet remove China from your list when you search for branded products - electronics, clothing, accessories and the likes.
Everyone does seem to have a keen interest in selling Apple products. I admire your drive to become a PowerSeller but there are other ways other than selling Apple products :)
I see that like many you also think that electronics is a highly profitable market. Unfortunately, this simply isn't true. Electronics is one of the most competitive markets to sell on online especially on eBay where get to rub elbows with wholesalers themselves. The point is, the number of sellers present in the electronics market is deceiving. It's much more difficult to make money in this market than it appears.
However, if you really want to pursue selling branded electronics, below are some very canny sourcing and marketing tricks which you can use.
* Use liquidation suppliers to get bulk lots at prices well below wholesale.
* OR: Purchase from wholesalers in very large quantities (and when we say very large, we mean a spend of $200,000 or more) - this is how the big eBay powersellers do it.
* Increase your feedback and get powerseller status BEFORE entering the electronics market. This will give you more visibility in the search.
* Sell via your own website or your eBay store if possible, as buyers generally pay more from these venues than eBay.
* Add third-party extras and up-sells to your orders. These will help you bump up your margins to a much more acceptable level.
* Better still - consider selling accessories for electronics rather than electronics themselves. Accessories are very popular, have less competition, cost less to ship and have much greater margins.
The best source for Apple products is Apple themselves :)
Also, maybe this will help you with your goal of becoming a PowerSeller -
Link hidden: Login to view
All the best!
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out