Distributors charging membership fees to see prices - Advice

4 Nov 08 09:50:42 pm

Does anybody have feedback on distributors who want to charge you join their wholesale company. I have found several companies that want to charge a fee maybe $99 to join their wholesale company. After you join the company, you then can have a price list of the items that they have on their website, they show you pictures of the items, but not the prices. I am just wondering if the price list is really low enough to make a decent profit. Anyone have any feedback or have experience a situation similar to this one?

Site Admin
4 Nov 08 11:02:16 pm
I can't imagine any genuine wholesaler charging a joining fee before supplying a price list, they would be out of business in no time. Wholesalers rely on selling to retailers, and as a retailer I can tell you that I would never pay for a wholesale price list, and I would suggest that not many would.

Trying to charge for a list that others will freely give in order to do business would quite simply be detrimental to their own business.

My guess, they are not a genuine wholesaler, just a middle man brokerage type operation without any margin on their products, and that's how they are generating their income.

I must admit that they sound more like a drop shipping company pulling that kind of stunt, and one to stay well away from no matter what they are.

A genuine wholesaler may require a tax id to do business with you, but that is to ensure you are a legit retailer.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager

Link hidden: Login to view
5 Nov 08 12:40:45 am
I agree with Fudjj there are way too many good places avoid that mess before you lose alot of money

5 Nov 08 03:00:05 am
Whats the name of the companies,ill pay and tell the prices to everyone.

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.