Dropshipping Costs with eBay and PayPal Fees

Free Member
liron200
For starters I gotta say I'm pretty new at all of this, this past 3 weeks or so i have been selling some stuff on eBay and pretty much I've done well. I gotta mention that I did it through dropshipping method. Though after a few sales, I have seen that not only I'm not making any money I'm pretty much losing it :( because Paypal takes a cut and eBay takes a cut and i tried free shipping so it also takes a cut. well i guess i do not need help just needed to write it down, after all i gotta bitch about it to someone... can you guys show me a method or what i did wrong or anything because i really want this to work out.

thanks

Last edited by rachel_ramos on 13 Oct 14 02:20:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Liron,

It's one of those pitfalls that a lot of newbies fall into, not getting the research right up front and getting burnt by costs such as eBay and PayPal. You really need to get all your costs worked out and then you will be in a better position to know if there is any margin in the products you are trying to sell by comparing your competition.

Bundling or package deals is a favourite topic of mine, especially for dropshipping. Getting a POD (Point Of Difference) is extremely difficult with dropshipping and package deals is one one you can get out in clean air.

So what you do is look for a product range, let's say jewellery. You find a nice necklace to list, so then the idea is to find products that compliment and accentuate that necklace, perhaps a matching bracelet or ear rings or even both, then you list them all as a package deal. The trick here is that you only make your margin on one item and the others are passed on at cost.

The idea being that it is going to be far cheaper to buy the set from you rather than buy the individual pieces from another supplier.

Now I've used jewellery as an example, but it can work with any market. Fishing, bundle rod, reel, like, tackle and so on. My suggestion is that you try different sized packages. Jewellery for example, try just necklace and ear rings in one deal, then add a bracelet to another deal and so on.

Give the customers a choice of package deals and then over a period of months, take a look at your sales data and you can then see what package deals need to be tweaked to get the most out of them and which ones are working well.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
william232
Try this website on how to price your items you are dropshipping

Link hidden: Login to view you enter the amount you are buying it for how much net profit you atleast want and what it works out the bare mimium you should sell your item(s)

this morning i woke up and i had 3 sales this morning from just 2 items doing pretty well i must say.

Site Admin
rachel_ramos
Thanks for the input William!

Free Member
liron200
Thank you guys for the help! I have made an excel sheet that you put the price you want to sell for and in the end it will show you your net profit. If you want i dont mind sharing it

Site Admin
fudjj
Share away Iron, I'm sure some members would like to see the idea :)

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
ron.clarey
liron200 wrote:Thank you guys for the help! I have made an excel sheet that you put the price you want to sell for and in the end it will show you your net profit. If you want i dont mind sharing it

I wouldn't mind a copy of the spreadsheet if you are still offering it

Free Member
liron200
Sure no problem just give me your email or if you know a better way where i can upload the file to.

bmorris1
liron200 wrote:Sure no problem just give me your email or if you know a better way where i can upload the file to.

Hello, I'm new to the SaleHoo and Dropshipping in a whole.

I would love your excel sheet also.

lifeisgood4gnd
liron200 wrote:Thank you guys for the help! I have made an excel sheet that you put the price you want to sell for and in the end it will show you your net profit. If you want i dont mind sharing it

i would appreciate it as well. thx much

Thank you,

Greg Szablewski
Free Member
liron200
Hi guys sorry it took me so long to reply but here is my excel file Link hidden: Login to view
the FVF fee is my ebay and paypal % taken from me but if paypal charge less from you change the %.
I hope you find it useful as much as i do and if you got any questions do not hesitate to ask

Liron

lifeisgood4gnd
thanks much

Thank you,

Greg Szablewski

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.