How can I create a website with BigCommerce? Tips needed!

Free Member
3 Jul 10 02:55:25 pm
So I've been doing alot of research about dropshipping and patience and persistance seems to be paying off. But for some reason I feel like I've just hit a brick wall with creating a nice website to attract customers to. I've recently signed up for BigCommerce as my ecommerce platform and although the reviews are very high, I find it a bit difficult to create a nice website, as the ones I've seen powered by them. I know this is Salehoo, but I figured I'd just through my questions out there to see if anyone has used or is familiar with BigCommerce and can offer some advice on creating a nice website with them. I've also contacted a few web designers but all want 50% of the cost up front. (As a stay at home mother, I just don't have that kind of cash) so if anyone has any tips on creating a nice ecommerce store with BigCommerce please let me know. (They claim you don't need to know html to make a nice store with them but I'm seeing now that, that is not really the case). I was also thinking about selling on ebay as a way to get started if I can't get my store created and up and running fast enough...

Site Admin
4 Jul 10 09:45:31 pm
Hi nmcknight,

I don't personally know the platform you mention, so I can't really be of much help with how to actually get it done. Experience has taught me that while a basic site on these type of platforms is often possible, something special takes a little more efort, as you seem to be also finding on this occasion.

I would be getting my design down on paper first, just so I had a good idea with what I really wanted the site to do and feel like. From there you will have a clear picture in your own mind and you may well find it a lot easier.

If you are struggling for a design, I suggest you hot sites like Check out templates, they may well get your creative juices going. I've designed quite a few sites over the years, and have spent many hours looking at website and templates to generate ideas, and its never failed me yet : )

Talk to them about the design issues you are having, they may well be able to assist.

In regards to eBay, I think eBay is worth its weight in gold, website or not. Many people choose one or the other, but you can use them both to maximise your efforts.

: )

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager

Link hidden: Login to view

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at