Wholesale & eBay Forum General Selling Advice & Tips How to use social media to direct traffic to your web

How to use social media to direct traffic to your web

ckmisckher
Since we follow this account named TLI and they specialize in home furnishings and host their own website. They have twitter, Instagram, and FB page. I'm curious on how to use social media to bring traffic to your website. I was wondering if we are able to use social media(Instagram, Twitter, FB, Pinterest, etc) to advertise to bring people to our web page?

In regards to having a shop with eBay and our own shop (soon), would it be acceptable to use social media to advertise for people to visit our eBay store? using link information etc.

I hope this makes sense as we would like to start another separate account purely for this purpose with the above mentioned social media platforms.

Thoughts or experience welcomed.

Regards,

CK Collective Team

karen_salehoo
Site Admin
Hi Cory,

Welcome to the forum! :)

Social media advertising is a good avenue for marketing. It is being practiced by most online sellers already. What you can do is set up your own online store and then drive traffic by using social media. Make a social media account for your website and follow people belonging to your target market or find another account similar as yours and follow who they are following. Then, you can stimulate interest by posting good content and not just simply links of your website/eBay store. You need to capture your audience too. You can put some inspirational content or trivias on your page while incorporating links of your site. Do this often but not to the point of spamming your followers. Use social media as well to directly interact and engage with your market. If there are questions, answer them promptly. Overall, social media marketing is very much welcome these days most especially that the market (if not all) is geared towards using technology; everyone (more or less) have their own social media account already.

Happy selling! :)

Cheers,

Karen
Customer Support
SaleHoo Group Limited

Be a part of an informative and interactive directory of drop ship suppliers! Join us at SaleHoo via Link hidden: Login to view and reduce your risks in selling online!

ckmisckher
Dear Karen,

Thank you for your prompt reply.
We appreciate it,

Regards,

CK Collective Team

karen_salehoo
Site Admin
Hi Cory,

My pleasure :) Feel free to look around and ask more questions.

Happy Selling!

Cheers,

Karen
Customer Support
SaleHoo Group Limited

Be a part of an informative and interactive directory of drop ship suppliers! Join us at SaleHoo via Link hidden: Login to view and reduce your risks in selling online!

SaleHoo helps over 137,216 online business owners
find reliable low cost suppliers

Find out how