Incorporating a Business Online When Just Starting Out

kenneth.stokes
I am looking to incorporate my business online and was looking for a few suggestions? I looked into Legal Zoom but the cost of incorporating through their site runs is about $1000.00. Any suggestions would be truly appreciated.

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Kenneth,

I'm not an expert in US prices, but I would suggest speaking to a local business group in the area (if one exists of course) There is usually some commerce group available that may have a good idea or even a legal adviser. That said, these online options usually are the cheapest and from what I have heard about LZ, although not a lot, is that the service is well priced.

Sorry I can't be much more help than that unfortunately.

Can I ask why you want to incorporate, you're just looking at divesting yourself legally or looking for a better tax deal. I mean is it an expense you really need to absorb at this point?

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
kenneth.stokes
fudjj wrote:Hi Kenneth,

I'm not an expert in US prices, but I would suggest speaking to a local business group in the area (if one exists of course) There is usually some commerce group available that may have a good idea or even a legal adviser. That said, these online options usually are the cheapest and from what I have heard about LZ, although not a lot, is that the service is well priced.

Sorry I can't be much more help than that unfortunately.

Can I ask why you want to incorporate, you're just looking at divesting yourself legally or looking for a better tax deal. I mean is it an expense you really need to absorb at this point?

I noticed that a number of wholesalers require a Tax ID in the United States. Also to answer your first question, yes I am looking to divest legally. I live in Illinois so I am not sure the tax deal would benefit.

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi kenneth,

OK, understood about the liability side.

Just to clarify the tax id required by some suppliers. That doesn't require incorporating, all they need is proof that you are a registered trader, sole trader or anything of the type.

Cheers

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

kenneth.stokes
fudjj wrote:Hi kenneth,

OK, understood about the liability side.

Just to clarify the tax id required by some suppliers. That doesn't require incorporating, all they need is proof that you are a registered trader, sole trader or anything of the type.

Cheers

Okay. So how do I go about being a registered trader. Is there a link you could forward to me?

Site Admin
fudjj
This link will work for you Kenneth.

If you are in business on your own, no partners, then Sole Prop would be my suggestion for basic business registration. A MUCH cheaper option than incorporating when you're just starting out.

Cheers

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

kenneth.stokes
fudjj wrote:This link will work for you Kenneth.

Link hidden: Login to view ... ation.aspx

If you are in business on your own, no partners, then Sole Prop would be my suggestion for basic business registration. A MUCH cheaper option than incorporating when you're just starting out.

Cheers

Thanks for the info.

neumannrichard
Hello

I incorporated with Link hidden: Login to view last year. I am very happy with them. Good prices, good customer service...
Another option could be Link hidden: Login to view ; I work in this time with them to complete my registration with an ITIN e.g. Service is also good so far.

Perhaps it helps if you would seperate your business from your individuell person.
regards

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.