Fall September Special

Reseller ID Required

Free Member
layle
I'm sure this has been asked a billion times but here goes. I'm from Australia and I'm looking at a company from the US asking for a Reseller ID Required. I really, really want to buy from this company.

Can I get USA Reseller ID from Australia or do I need an ABN, will that be ok?

Confused?

planes
Yes, use the one from your country.

Free Member
layle
so if I use the id from my country I'm looking at agetting an Australian ABN. Is that correct?

vesperas
Yep thats right

Site Admin
fudjj
An ABN will be fine, and is freely available by contacting the ATO.

Just be aware that by registering for an ABN you are indicating to the TAX department that you will be trading as a business, so you will also need to ensure you are keeping taxation records when you start trading.

You will also need to look at a business name if you are trading in any other name than your own, contacting your local licensing authority or consumer affairs in your state for full details.

If you just use an ABN to purchase, but do not do a tax return, it is only a matter of time before they come after you for the non payment of your GST quote, and at that point you will find yourself in a dirty big hole!

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
Free Member
layle
thanks for the responses.

Free Member
userexists
Many US sites that ask for reseller ID are only asking for the information relevant to the USA. Often, they will not require a reseller ID if you are purchasing from abroad. Best to email and ask them. I've purchased from sites which ask for domestic reseller ID without having to give my Australian IBN details.

Difficult I can do right away. Impossible takes a little longer
newlife-olsen
I am new to all of this. I am located within the US. Do I need to aquire a DBA in order to use the suppliers available within Salehoo?

I will prefer to import. I just need to be more educated about this. I am thankful that Salehoo has so much training material to help those of us just getting started.

Thank you so much for your input.

Sincerely,

newlife_olsen

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.