SaleHoo Store: The upload destination folder does not appear to be writable.

Free Member
flipcanada
Hi all,

Looking forward to some help on the topic in question.

I've created a large TurboLister .csv file for import into my SaleHoo Store and run into a significant roadblock. After selecting my file and choosing to import I receive a discouraging error regarding "The upload destination folder does not appear to be writable" at which point nothing happens and I'm left nowhere.

I've chopped the file down to 1 item for import and the error still persists.

In having a significant amount of product to add into my store and entering each product in one by one, this just isn't a task I wish to persue.

So far my experience on SaleHoo has been a good one and I do hope that this is just a small hiccup that is easily remedied.

Cheers to all!

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi FC,

This is something the development team is aware of and are working to solve. I'm sure when the support team sign on for the day, someone will be able to give you an update on the situation.

Cheers

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
Free Member
flipcanada
Thanks for the heads up.

I've got some strong hopes that it shall be resolved sooner than later. So far I'm stuck in a rut! :)

Regards.

t0psales
all these problems, you would hope us store subscribers would be rewarded for our patience.

Site Admin
irene_salehoo
Hi all,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please be assured that our developers are now working at getting this fixed. We will let you know as soon as it has been resolved.

:)

Irene
Free Member
flipcanada
Hi all,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please be assured that our developers are now working at getting this fixed. We will let you know as soon as it has been resolved.

:)

Irene, is there any hint of a time frame where we can look forward to a fix?

As I mentioned, I refuse to be entering in over 1000+ products one-at-a-time just to get my store in a public release state. It's been over 10 days since I've tried to get product uploaded and it has really put a strangle hold on going any further.

Thanks everyone.

Free Member
flipcanada
all these problems, you would hope us store subscribers would be rewarded for our patience.

Yes TOpSales, I would tend to agree.

One would hope that all the bugs would be squashed long before releasing to the public for purchase.

But, there are cases where crap happens and you roll with the punches for as long as you can tolerate.

From the title of this topic I'm going under the assumption that the user folder, which we are assigned, is just missing a privilege flag. At least this is my hope as it's a very quick fix.

Cheers all!

Free Member
flipcanada
Any update as to the progress?

This is driving me crazy as I've now resorted to entering in product one-by-one (even though I said I'd refuse to) and I get about 4 items per hour. I am, by no means, a pro at data entry.

At this rate I'll be done updating my site in around 75 days with 2400 products at 8 hours per day. I simply can't be sitting in front of my screen just entering in product for 8 hours when there are a significant amount of other things I'd be better off utilizing my time for.

Is this a member/subscriber-wide issue with all store owners? Or are there only a select few that have problems?

I really don't want to have to consider other e-commerce solutions as I've spent quite a lot of time familiarizing myself with everything about SaleHoo, but, it would almost seem like I might not have another choice. Mass-product uploading is a definite requirement for any person wishing to open an e-commerce website and one which seems absent from the release version of SaleHoo Stores.

Any kind of progress update would set my mind at ease (and perhaps others experiencing the same issue) and let me/us know that there is progress being made no matter how little it may be.

I'm still thinking positive and look forward to some good news!

Best regards to all.

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello everyone :)

We have been informed by our developers that they are definitely making progress in resolving this issue. It's actually about done, they are just checking a few more things to ensure that nothing will go wrong again. Hopefully an update will be released soon (I would love to give you a specific time frame but none has been provided at the moment).

All the best!

Again we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience...

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
Free Member
kdfitz
Any word on mass uploading products to a Salehoo Store? I am trying to get my store going but without this it is very time consuming. Thanks,

Free Member
flipcanada
It's currently working (well, for me anyways) but it's not without it's bugs.

I'm having a hard time importing pictures from a URL (such as eBay's Gallery or any site for that matter) and getting script errors.

If you just want to get your product in then it should be somewhat straight forward. It still takes time as you have to specify the category for each product you are importing as well as a few other variables.

Cheers,

FC

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello everyone :)

Please be informed that you can now use Turbo Lister to upload your listings to your SaleHoo Stores, however our developers have uncovered a few bugs involving the photo uploader.

But please be assured that this is top priority right now and our developers are working on get this new bug fixed.

All the best!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
t0psales
how do I do this?

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.