seller id.s

Free Member
dreamcatcher
IVE GOT A QUESTION THATS GOT ME STUMPED??????
IVE BEEN SELLIN ON EBAY FOR 4 MTHS. IN A NICHE MARKET I FOUND THAT I HAD ALOT OF KNOWELDGE IN, AND SURE ENOUGH IT PAID OFF , OVER 3000 IN SALES SO FAR AND A FEEDBACK OF OVER 100 (98.8%) POSS. BUT I WANT TO BRANCH OUT IN DIFFERENT MARKETS, SO MY QUESTION IS, MY SELLER ID IS NAMED AFTER THE NICHE MARKET IVE BEEN SELLING IN, SO TO LIST PRODUCTS IN ENTIRELY NEW MARKETS SHOULD I OPEN A NEW SELLERS ACCOUNT UNDER A DIFFERENT ID, AND START FROM SCRATCH AGAIN. OR LIST UNDER MY CURRENT ID WICH ALREADY HAS FEEDBACK AND TRUST ESTABLISHED.???????????? PLEASE ADVISE!!!!!!!!1

Site Admin
fudjj
Sounds like you already have a well branded id, from a marketing aspect I would not suggest changing it.

By listing diverse products under that id you will be cross marketing your products to your regular customers. Changing your id would not increase your traffic, only spread your marketing effort thin.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
Free Member
dreamcatcher
THANKS fudjj, so if i were selling say handbags, and my id was handbagswholesale, and i started selling say hunting equipment , you would leave the id the same,,, you see what i mean it dosent fitt ,or dose it?????? ive seen alot of your post and you seem to be verry knowledgeable on ebay, so let me ask you another question , i spend about 4 hrs a day just searching completed listing in different cats. just to try and get a pluse on my next niche . is this to much???? or should i just list and see???

Site Admin
fudjj
OK, that id is pretty direct, so maybe I would have to rethink the original advice. It would come down to what the other items were you were selling for me.

For example, if you stay within the fashion genre, then I would be tempted to stay with it, just depending on how much repeat business I was getting from customers of course.

If you are finding that your sales are all going to new customers, then changing your brand wouldn't be so much of an issue. In fact I would suggest that you do, but just be careful not to choose another direct name, it can come back to haunt you if you do want to expand as you do now.

What you don't want to do under any circumstances from a marketing perspective is start selling your items under a different id. I know it is popular to do this so you always have a back-up, but my old marketing manager would shoot me if I were ever to suggest doing such a thing.

The ultimate aim of any marketing is to effectively drive as much traffic to your site as possible, and cross marketing products is a proven technique that gets sales.

By selling under a different id you are missing out on that cross marketing opportunity, and missing out on sales because of it.

As for how much time you spend researching the market, I'm quite sure most will tell you that time spend researching is key to most successes. There are so many variables when creating a successful online retail venture, and as such I would personally test sell any item over a period of at least 4 weeks, preferably 3 months, and then draw my conclusions on the data I had gathered over that period of time to make my determination.

Having said that, it's a little risky just diving in and trying to sell things without and date pointing you in the right direction, so I think your current research can only be of benefit to you over time.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Free Member
dreamcatcher
THANKS , IM GOING TO SEND YOU A PM, BECAUSE I NEED A LITTLE MORE ADVISE, BUT DO NOT WANT TO SHARE ANY MORE INFO HERE.

Free Member
dreamcatcher
HOW IMPORTANT IS THE NAME CHOSEN FOR A SELLERS ID. SHOULD YOU PICK A NAME THAT IS EQUAL TO THE ITEM YOU ARE SELLING. EXAMPLE YOU SELL BASEBALL CARDS , SHOULD YOUR ID BE SOMTHING LIKE, BALLCARDS, OR SHOULD YOU KEEP IT GENERAL, LIKE , SELLER09?

Site Admin
fudjj
In marketing terms, your ebay seller id is your (brand). In general marketing plenty of focus is usually paid to building a brand, it's what identifies you to the general public.

Aspects such as name, logo design, colours all play a role in developing a strong brand, so as to ensure you can be identified easily in the marketplace.

As for online sales such as ebay, I don't personally place any marketing weight on a sellers id, not unless you are trying to develop or link that to a brand that you already trade under offline.

I would suggest a more general trading name, although I'm sure you can be more creative that seller09 : )

Has the sound of a Chinese scam site!

When trying to find a name that fits in around what you are selling without actually putting you in a box, try looking at where you want to be in 3 years, in 5 years, 10, 20 years.

Which direction do you want to drive your business, and what products would you like to be selling to get you there. Any business is about future planning, having only short term goals usually leads to having short term businesses.

I'm sure quite a lot would be surprised that once you develop a business plan that covers at least 5 years, everything else seems to fall into place much easier, even things like a suitable business name or seller id in this case.

No great surprise of course, directions will usually get you to where you need to go a lot easier than trying to get there without them : )

The big thing to remember, when you are talking about sites such as ebay, people are searching for items, not by seller id's, so it's more important to focus on actually branding each item, to that of building a business brand for yourself.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Free Member
dreamcatcher
PERFECT ANSWER!!!!!!! JUST TESTING YOU A LITTLE , BUT YOU DELIVERED!!!! NOW LOK FOR MY PM.

Site Admin
fudjj
Glad to hear I passed...lol

Unfortunately you will have to resend that PM, as will anyone else who has tried to PM over the past 24 hours. The inbox was full and was just auto deleting incoming PM's.

: (

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.