Warehousing

Free Member
roni3d1
hey,
Do any of you use a local warehousing service for your bulk/liquidation purchases?

I haven't purchased any of the liquidation items that Salehoo offers *yet*,
but once finances allow I will.

Considering most of the liquidaters sell by pallets, even truckloads, how are you more experienced bulk purchasers storing your items?

I came across a diaper manufacturor that will ship in gaylords (still not quite sure what that is) and the minimum purchase is a 20 foot container!

Any thoughts/tips/suggestions on storing such large volumes of goods?

Free Member
jd35648
[quote='roni3d1':c537a9c9]hey,
I came across a diaper manufacturor that will ship in gaylords (still not quite sure what that is) and the minimum purchase is a 20 foot container!

A gaylord is a big cardboard box sitting on a pallet that is used just to throw broken packages or damaged goods in usually. If the goods are not damaged or open packages those goods are stacked on a pallet and wrapped for shipment.
Gaylords dont always mean junk, but usually does mean damage in some way.
product damage or packaging damage. :D

SuperDiscountDeals.ecrater.com
Free Member
roni3d1
Thanks,
I guess that's why the website says that the diapers are just packed in a clear plastic bag - there's no professional/graphic package on them, just a bunch of diapers in big plastic bags.

Free Member
roni3d1
So are none of you guys leasing warehouse space? Do you keep your products at home?

For those who are buying pallet loads - not necessarily through salehoo since (if I understand correctly) they ship in smaller manageable boxes to residential addresses - how do you handle trucks pulling up to your home?

I'm wanting to start saving up to do pallet liquidations but this is a concern that I need to figure out how to manage.

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.