What is the best online store format?

Free Member
jet3enterprises
I see alot out there,,checking the prices and options they offer.Any suggestions,I already have my domain name,,,,looked at yahoo small business,,godaddy,,volusion,,bigcommerce,,3dcart ?????

Link hidden: Login to view
Last edited by fudjj on 5 Dec 13 05:10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
SEO
Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Welcome to SaleHoo jet3enterpises :)

Personally, I haven't really tried using any of those that you mentioned. But some of them have god reviews like godaddy and bigcommerce.

Then again why look far when we have our own stores to offer, if you haven't you might also want to check out Link hidden: Login to view

Cheers! :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
Free Member
hounders
BigCommerce by far is the easiest and most reliable company to use when building an online store. There are many templates to choose from. They also have dozens of easy to follow videos to help you in getting your store set up. The sites are really easy to navigate for our customers as well. We tried several different companies until we settled on BigCommerce..

OriginalSwatBoot.com

Site Admin
fudjj
Well I may be bias lol, but you really should check out the newly developed SaleHoo Store format before venturing too far and wide.

You won't find better customer service than right here : )

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

planes
If your looking for an absolutely free option, I highly suggest Weebly. I have a website with them for my customers with a business I do mainly off-line. It gives my customers all the info they need and gives me visitor stats as well as a Paypal option so the customers who must use a credit card can.

What's great about Weebly is it is a cut and paste website design. I can add and remove text, pictures and product within minutes.

If one wants to do the HTML they can but I hate the squinting and details, so I go with the cookie cutter design.

I was with GoDaddy's shopping cart but it was incredibly unintuitive and clunky and 10$ per month. Funny how something for free can be so good.

Free Member
krypton
Hi

Did some research online:

In my opinion the web store development is not really up to date today.

Why do storefront sellers do not integrate - the multilingual setup into their selling portfolio?

It seems to be difficult for programmers...

I used Wordpress alot in the past with the qtranslate plugin. Was nice, but sill did not really work well with the rest of the configuration and different themes within WordPress.

If I search the internet for web shop-solutions with different languages to
support, I get just a few - really professional sites on google.
And they are expensive to for startups (with SSL Certificate Integration).

Like:

This one looks really cool, but expensive themes and addons to buy.
But it looks very good, but never tried it by my self:

This one seems to be cheaper:

Best Regards - Alan

fm1234
Professional quality translation is simply one thing on which you cannot skimp -- I speak a few languages other than my native English, some well and some pidgin-level, and even with my limited mastery some of the "translated" stuff I see online is laughable. You pretty much have to use a translator, and in most cases this is going to, uh, translate, into spending serious money (unless you luck out and find a college student or other bright soul fluent in both your source and target languages, who is willing to do the work for a song.)

I've tried plugins on multiple carts, WordPress and other platforms, and found them almost universally coming up short. And when it comes to your customer experience, you really are better off just putting everything in English and letting them use whatever translation app on their own end to which they are accustomed, and letting it go at that. Over and above the benefit of providing a consistent user experience on your site, providing a translation that is incorrect makes you liable for any mistakes.

Frank

"Failure is not when you fall down. Failure is when you don't get back up."

--J.J. Luna
planes
Hey guys. A little off topic there. He's looking for standard webstore info. Not translation serviced web design?

fm1234
Well, perhaps so, but I was responding to the post-within-post re translation as a feature.

In re the original post, hands-down the best place to set up an online shop is on your own domain and hosting, where you control everything. eBay, Amazon, even Salehoo's stores are just a step on the path. If you have a winning product, a good supplier, and the ability to sell it, you're short-changing yourself if you aren't set up on your own real estate (so to speak.)

Frank

"Failure is not when you fall down. Failure is when you don't get back up."

--J.J. Luna
Free Member
krypton
Dear Frank, I agree with your opinion. It is true that it takes a lot of work, to translate all the stuff. But this is great, why not employ people, on elance for example. I let my logo being designed there for the Salehoo-Store. If you have a job and can afford it, you can have everything done just for a few bugs.

I speak three languages fluently. I find - it depends on what kind of project
you have in mind. I have a plan, and it took me a lot of time to figure out
what I really want to do.

Many people focus on different projects at the same time (a typical newbie mistake, sorry that I have to disappoint the "Fake!" Gurus on the web). I ask my self - how are they able to do this. I searched the web and learned - that they are overwhelmed with all the possibilities that are out there! I prefer to concentrate on one project at the time and make it impeccable.
Of course this is not absolutely possible, because everyone is limited and
therefore fallible. It doesn't matter, it just belongs to our experiences.

I checked out the Salehoo Store and really like it, but it still needs some
development. You are doing a great job! The support is super friendly and competent, and you are moving forward fast and effective.

Writing in different languages will attract a lot of organic search engine traffic.

PS: I hope it will be possible in the future, to add a Blog as subdomain to the store.

PPS: Actually I found a quick fix solution for this, with Salehoo-Stores.
You just add a link into your introduction text on the homepage,
which links to another domain with the blog.

But really nice would be - Link hidden: Login to view
Or - Link hidden: Login to view

If I could add a multilingual blog to the store, it would acctually
take care of this problem. But it has to be within the same domain.

PPPS: Yes Frank, I tried translation plugins in the past, which translated automatically, using Google Translation, or other services of this kind.
These plugins translate all pages and keep them cashed. Very funny
is that the widgets can't be translated really well - LOL.

Google hates it totally, and it really sucks, that's true. :)))))
You just ping their services for low quality, and ruin their image - as an excellent search engine and band at the same time - come on ;)

Moreover it will ruin your pagerank, your business and your personal
reputation all over the web. You will be mentioned as a cheap scammer on twitter and so on.... if you overdo it. Content quality is King now!
We live in difficult times now, the web is changing rappidly, due to the
Google Spiders. Acutually that seems to be good.... it sorts the crap
out of the search results. Competion is good.

Therefore it is so important to get things right at the beginning, if you are serious with your business.

*A personal tipp: Why exclude yourself -> hide from others. Why not work with your competion. A lot of folks don't get this sorted out for themselves.
They still believe that they can achieve more by hiding their intentions, not knowing, that everithing can be found out on the web.

Good connections is the best thing that can happen to you.
You will also have to work for it. Because society gives nothing to anyone who is not motivated. So it is best to choose something you like to do with
your full heart at work, and get realy good with it!

It is easier to go with, and you will have a strait direction. Every success
will make you more solid.

Best Regards - Alan

Quote Krypton: A mistake is only a error if you don't correct it.

planes
Come on guys. You need to learn some forum decorum. It's a little rude to cut across someone's thread with your own topic.

Thread topic:

I see alot out there,,checking the prices and options they offer.Any suggestions,I already have my domain name,,,,looked at yahoo small business,,godaddy,,volusion,,bigcommerce,,3dcart ?????

Coffee lounge is a great place to exchange ideas and have discussions.

Free Member
jet3enterprises
You guys ran off topic but after all the research i have decided to go with corecommerce.The trial helped me out alot.It's the best for the price.

Free Member
cynthia13
Hi does anyone know anything about webstarts.com I am thinking about doing my online store with them. Please let me know if you have any feedback. Thank you

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hi Cynthia,

I haven't used them personally but they seem to have been online for a number of years and generally have good reviews -

Hope the reviews of actual users will help you in deciding if they are the host you are looking for.

Hope this help, all the best :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
bizhope
For a webstore, you may want to give consideration to:- Link hidden: Login to view

luvcdb
hey im trying to start a consignment store with new products for cheap not used product who should i deal with

Site Admin
fudjj
luvcdb wrote:hey im trying to start a consignment store with new products for cheap not used product who should i deal with

Not sure I completely understand what you mean, can you give a little more detail?

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Free Member
florianlecrivain
Hi everybody,

I am a french guy living in Mexico and trying to start an online business in Mexico and would like to get your opinion about type of online store. I am a begginer and I am not sure Prestashop could fit with my needs and skills? Or what store do you suggest me to get? Wordpress and woo commerce? Prestashop? or to start with something like corecommerce, bigcommerce... I would like to get my own software. Thank you.

Flox

Flox
Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Flox and welcome to the forum

Have you considered a SaleHoo Store option, I would suggest you add that to your list of options and check out if you think it would fit your needs.

Cheers

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Free Member
florianlecrivain
Hi Marc,

I will do.

Thank you

Flox
zumas36
hi! I am new at this too, and i want to start my own web shop, by using salehoo, i have got my own domain. I have seen some good suppliers to use, but i am not sure what to sell yet, I think i will sell diferents things, but when i am looking at your directory, you dont have so many suppliers who is using known brandings. How is it to sell no brandings products compare to known brandings? and if my site is going to be hacked ore something ois wrong , will saalehoo fixit?

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Harald,

Couple of questions there

Number 1, Bare in mind that many "branded" items are distributed through very tightly controlled licensed protocols to maintain the integrity of the brand. They are not openly released onto the market through open wholesale channels, and certainly not through dropship avenues because of those protocols.

Number 2. Yes, the SaleHoo Store comes fully supported by our team. No matter what the issue, any time there is a problem you only have to alert us and our support and tech teams will go to work on resolving the issue for you asap.

I would suggest that you look much further into your business plan before taking on a Store Platform, that really should be one of the final steps after everything else is sorted.

Cheers

Cheers

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

zumas36
thanks!

I am sure what i will do and i have just order the domaine name.

And i am sure what i want to sell in my shop now, I have used a lot of time to find good suppliers, and think i haved the covered up.

so i will start to build my shop , and have found out that the salhoo price plan fore me wil be the standard.

Can i use the suppliers who has not blindshipping to my shop?

and how can i connect my pal pay account to my site?

Site Admin
rachel_ramos
Hello Harald,

The site actually has already been built in to have your paypal account connected.

Here is the link to some videos to the site so you can get more information:

You can view the SaleHoo Store guide videos to help you in getting around your SaleHoo Stores. :)

To access our video tutorials and written transcripts please go to: Link hidden: Login to view

tonymack07
Hi, I'm new to salehoo. Do I have to have a business license to open and online store with salehoo?

sandrastockman
Just a suggestion for a lot of work that you need done alongside your website is fiverr.com. They are incredibly awesome and can do all kinds of work for you, it's just a matter of finding the person that's the right fit for the work you're looking for.

Site Admin
fudjj
tonymack07 wrote:Hi, I'm new to salehoo. Do I have to have a business license to open and online store with salehoo?

Hi Anthony and welcome to the forum,

No business license required to open a SaleHoo Store, in fact there is no platform that I am aware of that would have such a requirement.

Cheers

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.