Fall September Special

DOES AND DONTS COPYING AND PASTING FROM DROPSHIP SITES

Free Member
ricardoblake
Hey guys i just had an item removed from ebay due to intellectual property violation all i did was to copy the listing info from chinavasion now the manufacturer reported me to ebay. So what are the does and donts when copying and pasting from dropshopping sites any info willl be greately appreciated.

ricardo

Site Admin
fudjj
You'll find that you have actually listed a fake product on ebay, that's where the intellectual property violation is.

The does:- don't list fake products : )
The donts:- don't list fake products : )

Follow those and you should be relatively safe : )

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
Free Member
ricardoblake
i dont understand fudjj cas the item is listed on chinavasion all i did was copy the picture and item discription where did i go wrong there

Site Admin
fudjj
I haven't personally dealt with Chinavision, but the only thing I can think that has happened is that you have been reported by someone for listing a fake product.

Now, this does happen with some competitors on Ebay, they can be a nasty little bunch by running to ebay and reporting their competition for selling fakes, even when they're not!

If you feel that the product you listed is genuine, I would contact Chinavision to confirm that, and then contact ebay with the evidence they provide you to discuss the matter.

You should also check with Chinavision regarding their drop shipping listing policy, just make sure you have the rights from them to duplicate what you did.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

planes
Yes, the other sellers know when a Chinavasion product is listed because they no what the pix look like.

There is also a rumor that eBays bots are programmed to read images. There is some data on an image which make it unique.

Free Member
ricardoblake
thx for the headsup guys ill contact chinavsion and see where it takes me but tell me is it illegal on ebay to use pics from the wholesale website or is this in some cases?

Site Admin
fudjj
You'll have to get that information from the copyright owner of the image you are using, and that can really only be answered by contacting the website displaying the image.

Just make sure you get any confirmation in writing, then in the case of the website giving you the rights to replicate an image that they themselves have no rights to, you will have that as evidence if the real copyright holder gets a little upset : )

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

inon
Have just had the same problem today, very strange..
I contacted chinavasion and am waiting for theyre reply.

Site Admin
fudjj
Let us know how you get on.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

sylv2408
Chinavision say you can take images from their site and post them on ebay. Haven't tried it myself yet, so will watch your progress with interest as this is what I planned to do.

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.