Importing Alcohol To Australia From Japan - Help Please

7 Feb 08 07:41:04 am
I was wondering if someone could help me on this or possibly point me to who I would have to find out more information from. I am currently (short term though moving most likely to long term) in Japan. I have the following questions:

1) Will I get charged any tax on importing alcohol to Australia? (It will be shipped in 1 bottle lots).

2) Will it make a difference marking the item as 'gift' (as I also plan to send some home for presents)?

3) Does anyone here know where I could find information regarding to selling alcohol on ebay and the rules and regulations regarding this? I searched but could not find appropriate information.

Anthony <- Google & More!
SORFWEB.NET <- Don't SURF Be Safe and SORF!

Site Admin
17 Mar 09 10:40:36 pm
Have a read of this page regarding general importing into Australia Link hidden: Login to view and this page Link hidden: Login to view for importing goods by post.

And see this page Link hidden: Login to view for eBay's policy on selling alcohol in the US and this page on selling it in Australia Link hidden: Login to view.
It appears that you cannot sell alcohol on ebay in the US but you can in Australia as long as you have a licence to do so and it can only be traded domestically.

Hope this helps :)

Have you got your own online store yet? Link hidden: Login to view

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at