Mack Warranty option

ghuznee
Hi guys,

This is my situation. I'm wanting to import digital cameras into New Zealand from a manufacturer in Hong Kong.

The problem the goods only come with local canon 1 year warranties. Under the consumer right act: the importer (me) becomes the manufacturer (so to speak). Therefore I would have to deal with the warranty issues (ie: the consumer would send me the camera and I would have to ship to Hong Kong and back (my cost) and then ship it back to the consumer.

This is obviously not something I would be too keen on. I have been told of 3rd party warranties called Mack Warranties.

Is it possible to purchase a mack warranty for a particular camera which means that the consumer would then have a LOCAL warranty which he him/her self would deal with?

Is this possible? I hope this makes sense. I'm desperate for an answer on this.

Any help would be highly appreciated. asap if you can :)

Cheers,
James

grace-salehoo
Hi James,

You could try contacting Canon NZ about extended warranties: Link hidden: Login to view

Another option is third-party warranties, such as those offered by Square Trade:

Link hidden: Login to view

Grace

edmax100
Hi Grace,

Does squaretrade.com support countries other that US (particularly NZ in my case)?

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.