New Hampshire tax id and reseller form.

Free Member
captain3xtreme
I live in New Hampshire and i was wondering what kind of paperwork i would need to buy from a wholesaler. I was looking at streamline.ca and the "Resellers'/Tax ID Required" is checked. As far as i know i don't need to collect taxes or have a reseller form to sell things on ebay. So if i called or emailed them to try to buy something would i need this paperwork or could i just say i live in NH?

fm1234
Although you don't strictly speaking have to have a tax id# to sell on eBay, some suppliers are going to require it. As you mentioned, being in a sales tax-free state more or less obvious the purpose of resale certificates, so I doubt that New Hampshire has a whole office dedicated to keeping track of businesses from which it isn't going to be collecting revenue.

A tax id# is extremely easy to get -- just hit the IRS website (Link hidden: Login to view) and follow the instructions.

Frank

"Failure is not when you fall down. Failure is when you don't get back up."

--J.J. Luna
Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Welcome to SaleHoo Captain3xtreme :)

I know Frank has pretty much addressed your concern (@Frank: Thanks again!) but here are a couple of articles for additional reading -

Link hidden: Login to view
Link hidden: Login to view

And also, I found this interesting forum topic on eBay about taxes on eBay for 2011, maybe you might want to have a read - Link hidden: Login to view

All the best!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.