New to importing... need help

kreative-labs
I am wanting to import products from china to usa, but i have never imported products before and dont know how it works or what i need to do... to import.
I would appreciate help on importing products from china to usa.

Kreaive Labs (Wholesale Printing/Advertising Signs)
Link hidden: Login to view
Directory Approved Supplier
macjacartwork

grace-salehoo
Hi dilimited,

What sort of quantities are you looking to import?

Grace

Site Admin
fudjj
Knowing the types of products would also be helpful dlimited, the last thing you want to get caught up in is importing a load of fakes into the US!

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

kreative-labs
its a Alot of china products Non branded...,
foot scooters,trampolines,tents, ect...
Thinking of importing about 7,000 worth of merchandise.

Kreaive Labs (Wholesale Printing/Advertising Signs)
grace-salehoo
So you've found a supplier already? If not, it's really important that you are on good terms with your supplier - especially when you are talking about that amount of money. I would actually strongly recommend importing a smaller lot of something first, just so you get a bit more experience - even if it's just a box of stuff FedExed over.

It's a good idea to Google the supplier, just to see what feedback comes up on forums, if any. Plus you should ask them a lot of questions and get lots of pics.

You'll have to negotiate your trade terms - i.e FOB, CIF etc, and get yourself a Customs Broker.

The US business advice website has a lot of really useful information about importing:

The All Experts Import/Export forum can also be interesting, although it is UK-oriented.

Grace

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hi dlimited,

Here's something I found in the Eductaion section which you may want to read as well:

Cheers!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
Site Admin
irene_salehoo
Hi dlimited,

Here is another article from our Education section that discusses major issues about importing from China - Link hidden: Login to view

You may also find this forum post helpful - Link hidden: Login to view

Hope this helps!

Irene

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.