Providing End Customer with Your Invoice when Dropshipping

lawrence.ho.us
Hello everyone

I'm based in the US and I would like to do some drop shipping from China to the US. I've found some Chinese suppliers who will be happy drop shipping for me, however I'm facing an embarrassing situation. The drop shippers posted how much I pay on the front of the package for custom/import purpose. Say I charge my customers $15 and I pay $5 to the drop shipper and when my customers receive the package they will see $5 and that may confuse my customers, so what should I do?

Should I ask my drop shippers to report $15 instead of $5? This way my drop shipper knows how much I charge my customers.
If I let it as it is, my customers will know I pay $5 for the import and that will cause confusion as we mentioned above.
Do you think I can ask my foreign drop shippers NOT to mention the price and say it's a gift or sample instead? Not sure if it's a fraud.

What should I do? Let me know. Any advice helps.

Thanks again.

LH

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Lawrence and welcome to the forum,

Can you just confirm that your dropshipper is sending this package to you or to your customers direct?

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
lawrence.ho.us
To the customers direct. I understand that the situation can be solved if I ask the foreign drop shippers send the products to me first and I reship to my customers in the U.S., but then it will take longer and cost me double shipping.

Site Admin
fudjj
I would suggest getting them to just declare the value at your sale price, that's the absolute easiest way around it if a Customs declaration is required.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

lawrence.ho.us
Thank you so much. Will usually drop shippers be fine with that? Any other suggestions?

Site Admin
fudjj
Yeah, they shouldn't have an issue with it and it's not like you're trying to under-value an item to avoid tax. You, or I should say, they are actually over valuing it. I honestly doubt many people would even look at the Customs declaration on a package to be honest, I know I never do lol, so I don't really think it's a big issue, but that's the easiest way around it.

The one thing you want to be always careful about is the supplier not stamping their own brand or address details on any packages.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.