Fall September Special

Reseller's Permit

a-k-e
Does anyone know how do to get a reseller's permit/tax id in new york?

sandstormatrix
Greetings, try this site you pay a higher price but they do all the work and make sure it is filled out properly, I used them for my resale permit and was satisfied,hhope this helps

Link hidden: Login to view

They should have a tab for NY

grace-salehoo

'If your business is required to collect sales taxes, or if you want to buy and sell for resale (for example, as a wholesale distributor), you must register with the Tax Department prior to conducting such transactions. To register, you must file Form DTF-17, Application for Registration as a Sales Tax Vendor Link hidden: Login to view, and when applicable, Form DTF-17-ATT, Schedule of Business Locations for a Consolidated Filer Link hidden: Login to view.

Vendors can also apply on-line at Link hidden: Login to view or by going to the following link: Online Application for Registration as a Sales Tax Vendor Link hidden: Login to view on the NYS Governor’s Office of Regulatory Reform Web-site).'

Grace

a-k-e
I appreciate the help, also, when we buy from wholesalers then sell to consumers, are we suppose to charge tax?

gulfy13
In most cases you only charge sales tax to sales within your state. In other words if you are selling on the internet, through lets say ebay, and you have your resellers permit from the state of new york, you would only apply tax to the people that bought from you and also lived in the state of new york...

a-k-e
Is that because as resellers we dont pay tax on the products we buy from wholesalers? Example, we get consumers to pay the tax?

grace-salehoo
We've just added a blog post to the Salehoo blog all about reseller licenses and sales tax.

And yes: the end user is the one who pays the sales tax which is why as a seller you need a reseller license so you don't need to pay sales tax on wholesale goods.

Grace

a-k-e
Thanks I really appreciate the help.

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.