Sole Proprietor or LLC for Online Business

29 Apr 16 04:18:52 pm
I am planning to sell collectable swords and fantasy weapons online. Should I elect to start out as a sole proprietorship or should I elect an LLC? I would rather wait until I see if this business venture takes off first before going into the expense and paperwork that would come with an LLC. I'm about finished building my website and have continous warnings against ordering these collectable weapons if under 18 and also warnings about these weapons are sharp, etc. as well as the responsibility of the buyer to check with their local authorities as to their legal ownership. Do these printed warnings give me enough protection from possible buyers who do not heed these warnings given throughout the website?

Terry G.

Site Admin
29 Apr 16 08:07:07 pm
Hi Terry,

Regarding business registration, if you have no business partenrs involved and it's just you, then SP registration would be fine. That said, LLC would of course give you more protection. I really can't advise if your warnings are enough or not. All I could suggest to do there is to get good, sound legal advice to cover yourself upfront.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager

Link hidden: Login to view

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at