eBay fees vary in different countries

sgr4679
Hi everybody !

I was wondering maybe anyone knows if there is any e-commerce site(like eBay) that charges seller fees by country,even though all the sellers upload their listings to the same .com site, for example :

2 sellers are selling LCD screen,1st seller is from the U.S ,the second is from the UK.
Both of their items were sold:
The U.S seller paid final value fee of 5%
The UK seller paid final value fee of 13%

As i mentioned before both sellers uploaded their listings to the same .COM site .
1.Do you think that there is any site that has this kind of method?
2.Do you think that this method is fair or not?

Thanks for your help,
Sivan

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hi Sivan,

I'm not an eBay fees expert, but the main reason for the difference is that the sellers are posting on different sites unless both are selling on eBay.com so the same rate should apply.

But if one seller (US) was posting on eBay.com and the second seller (UK) was posting on eBay.uk then the fees are expected to vary since the sites although owned by eBay, have different polices per location.

This is how I understand it (and I might be mistaken) but I would greatly appreciate others with more experience to share their thoughts in reply to Sivan's questions.

Cheers :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
sgr4679
Thanks,

that's what i was thinking of.

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
You're welcome, Sivan :)

Nice to know you though so too! lol

Cheers

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.