How to drive traffic to my SaleHoo store

Free Member
christopher12
Hi,

I'm actually paying for a premium Salehoo store and I watched the first 2 video of free traffic from google and I don't really understand well how to get high ranking since english is my second langague.

Is my website going to get higher rank from what I write on it and from what people type in the search engine ?

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hi Christopher,

Your site will rank higher or have more chances of ranking based on your input not that of other people.

Knowing the most common types of keywords that customers may key in when they search Google is also just as helpful - You need to choose the correct keywords to use for your listing titles to optimize their rankings on search engines.

I think you'll find this newsletter quite helpful, Link hidden: Login to view

Other things you can do to boost your ranking and drive traffic to your store are -

Posting on third party forums - Be sure make useful contributions and don't forget to add your website to your signature. This is a free way to advertise your site

Creating a Blog - You can blog about things that are related to your products, for example if you were selling handbags you could blog about the Top 10 style for the season or How to take care of your handbag. Offering quality and useful content is key to driving traffic.

Social Media - You can start a fanpage on Facebook or a twitter account again provide useful and quality content.

SaleHoo Stores is also equipped to help you set up regular newsletters to your customers. Newsletters are also a great way to increase traffic to your site.

You might find the tips in this thread helpful as well - Link hidden: Login to view

Hope this helps, all the best!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
Site Admin
alice-salehoo
Some great advice from Richelle above.

Getting traffic from search engines is a fantastic, long terms (and free) way to pull buyers to your store.

Search engine optimization, or SEO is complex, but it's not difficult.

There are plenty of small, one-man band e-Commerce websites that rank on the first page of Google for keywords related to what they sell. Yours can too, you just need to spend some time learning about how search engines rank websites.

The first thing that you should know is that Google uses a complex algorithm to determine which site should rank at the top of the search results (or on the first page).

Google hasn't revealed EVERYTHING it takes into consideration when they rank websites (and never will, which is a good thing - means everyone has a chance to rank, not just big players), but they have revealed enough to help you get a good ranking.

Here are some things we do know that will help you rank:

- Overall, Google wants to connect users with the most relevant, trusted websites possible. So if someone searches for "pet toys", Google wants the user to be able to find pet toys really quickly and easily (rather than going to a spammy website full of advertisements and poorly written information).

This is Google's overall goal and it's important you know this before you go any further.

- There are essentially two forms of SEO that you need to do: on page and off page.

- On page is all about getting your website content and meta data to an SEO-friendly level. For example, you need to include keywords that buyers will search for (that relate to your products).

So using the pet toy example, a user might search Google for "cat climbing tree" so if I was selling this product, I would make sure I used these keywords in my product title in my SaleHoo Store.

You also want to alter your meta desciption and meta tags. Learn more about these here: Link hidden: Login to view

- Off page optimization is about building trust from other websites who tell Google that your site is a good, trustworthy one that is worth ranking.

When external sites link direct to your website, that's what they are telling Google.

Think of it like a popularity contest: The more links you get (from TRUSTED websites) the more this helps you rank. Remember, though, that not all links are the same, and some can be damaging (but that's a whole other ball game!)

- On page is really important: It's easy to do and it's really basic, but without getting those basics right first, there is no point doing anything else because it's on page optimization that tells Google what your site is all about. If it doesn't know, it doesn't matter how many great links you have, it will be very hard for you to get ranking.

- SEO is a long term commitment. It could take 3-6 months of work before you see results, then once you get ranking highly, you need to maintain it. Be prepared for this... but also be prepared for the very rewarding results you will experience once you get ranking :)

I think you should start by researching more info on on-page SEO and get that sorted now, then move on to learning about off-page stuff.

Another method of getting traffic is by using PPC or pay per click advertising. I just wrote a blog post about this which you can check out here:

Link hidden: Login to view

All the best :)

Alice

Copywriter
SaleHoo Group Limited
Wholesale Directory by SaleHoo
Free Member
christopher12
I have to thanks both of you for this awesome information !

I know that I need to work hard to get it done right and have some result but

this is what I'm passionate about!! (business) it always a challange and a

project that keep growing and you can be proud of that!

By the time I'll make it!

I might miss holydays but I'm only 20 years old so I have plenty of other holydays in front of me !

thanks again!

Free Member
christopher12
By the way, as you can see my english isn't that good because it my second langague ...

Do you know any ghost writer that could help me out writing my stuff on my website ..?

Site Admin
alice-salehoo
Good for you Chris, love your attitude!

Keep in touch.

Alice

Copywriter
SaleHoo Group Limited
Wholesale Directory by SaleHoo
Free Member
christopher12
Question about keyword selection

exemple :

Word : Women shoes has 2 500 000 global with high competition

Word : Women pump has 1 000 000 global with low competition

(it just random numbers so you can understand what I'm asking)

The best would be Women pump (talking about keyword) because the research for this word is high but has a low competition right ?

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello Chris,

You definitely have the will to succeed! Good for you :)

We would love to help you get there -

Do you know any ghost writer that could help me out writing my stuff on my website ..?

You can probably find a freelance write online through sites like Elance and oDesk.

The best would be Women pump (talking about keyword) because the research for this word is high but has a low competition right ?

Yes, "Women pump" does seem more promising than "Women shoes". But you have to take note that not everyone who searching for these keywords are actually looking to buy so you can't expect all 1M searches to convert to actual sales.

All the best!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.