Need help with my Salehoo store!

Free Member
beverett
Hi!

I purchased the Salehoo store option over a month ago and have not used it yet. To be honest I am a little scared to. My desire is to sell women's shoes, jewelry and maybe handbags online. However, I am not sure where to begin.

Any suggestions on what to do? I would hate to pay for another month and not have anything to show for it.

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello beverett,

Nice to meet you :) You can start by deciding what type of products you want to sell in your store. Once you have decided you then browse through our directory and search for suitable suppliers.

Deciding on the type of product or range of products to sell will help you in brainstorming your store's name/domain name.

Once you have come up with a domain name, you can now start "creating" your store. As you will be asked for a domain name. You will notice this message in bold letters -

"Before you can activate your store you need to purchase a domain name. This will be the URL your customers use to visit your store. Getting a domain name is easy and cheap, but if you aren’t sure what to do, read our tips and recommendations.

A short, unique domain name that reflect your business is best.
Getting a common domain extension - like “.com”, or “.co.uk” - is preferable .
We recommend NameCheap for buying your domain name - if you don't have one already."

You can choose to buy your domain name from NameCheap or from any service of your choice. Once done then you go back to the said store creation page and fill in your domain name.

The next step after this is to configure your domain to point to the SaleHoo Stores nameservers, but I don't want to confuse you and I would like you to accomplish the first step needed - getting your domain name.

Let me also show you these video guides which I recommend that you watch thoroughly to have a clear idea of how SaleHoo Stores work - Link hidden: Login to view

Hope this helps you off to a good start!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello beverett,

Nice to meet you :) You can start by deciding what type of products you want to sell in your store. Once you have decided you then browse through our directory and search for suitable suppliers.

Deciding on the type of product or range of products to sell will help you in brainstorming your store's name/domain name.

Once you have come up with a domain name, you can now start "creating" your store. As you will be asked for a domain name. You will notice this message in bold letters -

"Before you can activate your store you need to purchase a domain name. This will be the URL your customers use to visit your store. Getting a domain name is easy and cheap, but if you aren’t sure what to do, read our tips and recommendations.

A short, unique domain name that reflect your business is best.
Getting a common domain extension - like “.com”, or “.co.uk” - is preferable .
We recommend NameCheap for buying your domain name - if you don't have one already."

You can choose to buy your domain name from NameCheap or from any service of your choice. Once done then you go back to the said store creation page and fill in your domain name.

The next step after this is to configure your domain to point to the SaleHoo Stores nameservers, but I don't want to confuse you and I would like you to accomplish the first step needed - getting your domain name.

Let me also show you these video guides which I recommend that you watch thoroughly to have a clear idea of how SaleHoo Stores work - Link hidden: Login to view

Hope this helps you off to a good start!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
Free Member
sooay
Hi i've been trying for 8hrs to get the product on my site to navigate properly...www.sooay.com. Nothing that I do seems to be working. I'm familiar with websites links, navigation etc..but I 've loaded 4 products so far in the electronics category; however , only one of the items work correctly. Can you take a look at it and tell me what i'm doing wrong? Help Please. give it a test drive. Thank You

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello Sooay,

Welcome to SaleHoo! I just visited your store :)

I think the main reason may be that you are using a font size that is just too big. Try adjust your font size for your listing titles and let us know if the issue persists. If it does please email us complete details including a screen shot of the error at support@salehoo.com

Please let us know how you get on. Talk soon!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Free Member
sooay
Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply!
How do I adjust the size of the title. I changed the font and size of my description but I don't see a way to adjust the title. I was thinking that maybe it has something to do with the PARENT and CHILD not being set up. If you visit my site, go to the electronics category. I have 5 items but only three of them are navigating properly (links working etc). There is no error message, so I cant send you that info. Thank you! www.sooay.com

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hi Sooay,

There seems to be a bug in the template you have chosen, please note that I have forwarded your issue to our senior staff and he is now investing further as to how we can resolve the issue you reported.

I will let you know as soon as I receive his update.

Talk soon!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Free Member
sooay
Ok..I will be standing by awaiting your reply...hopefully I don't have to change templates :p Thanks Again.

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello Sooay,

I just heard from our senior staff and he confirmed my initial suggestion for you. You don't have to change your template provided that you edit your product titles and make them shorter. I noticed some of your titles are just a tad long.

I think these guides will help you in making highly optimized titles (and listings) with having to make them too long -

Link hidden: Login to view
Link hidden: Login to view

Otherwise you will have to change your template. Please note that the Fancy template is designed for listings with short or abbreviated titles. Unfortunately, we cannot make the font automatically adjust according to the length of the product or category names since this will make the labels very large if the product name is short and very small if the product name is long.

Hope this helps!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
malva
Hello Sooay

This is my shop Bazar PR Link hidden: Login to view and is working very well.

You Could Change template..

Thanks

Malva

Free Member
sooay
Richelle Monfort,

Thanks again for your help. I've shorten the titles and everything works perfectly...I just didnt draw the connection at first. Now I see that the titles were the reason that the links were not showing. Thanks again!

@Bazar PR...thanks for the suggestion...my site works well now with the template that I have..thanks again.

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
That's good to know Sooay :) Happy to know you've worked you way around the issue and managed to keep the template of your choice!

Glad to have been of help!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.