Reseller TAX ID for Malaysia citizen

Free Member
maz07
Hi,

I'm from Malaysia and i'm wondering how to get a reseller tax id as requested by some company in order to buy their product tax free or cheaper?

Kindly reply and give some idea. Thank you.

mazwen@gmail.com
Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello again maz07 :)

The sales tax equivalent in Malaysia is called GST or Goods and Services Tax which is GST is to be levied and charged at the proposed rate of 4% on the value of the supply/products.

To learn more about Malaysia's GST and to register please go to -
Link hidden: Login to view

Hope this helps! All the best :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
Free Member
maz07
hi Richelle,

Thanks for helping me again. The tax link you give is for sellers that have annual income u to rm10,000 per year. I just want the tax id for registration, not to open business.

mazwen@gmail.com
Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hi maz07,

The site is Malaysia's official link for GST registration. But the link or webpage I provide does not seem to be available at the moment. I'll try checking again later and update you on this matter.

Talk to you soon!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
tsohtan
Hi,
I know this an old post, but i have the same question as maz07, Do i need to have Reseller Tax Id? How/Where could i get it? I just want to do DropShipping.

Site Admin
fudjj
Chances are that you won't require one when you explain that you are an international customer. If they still request such, all you need do is then supply them with a business tax id issued by your own local authority.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

tsohtan
What about if does not have company either?

Site Admin
fudjj
Its's very doubtfull they will requite it if you are an international customer, but if they do then a tax id is all you will need from your local authority. You won't need a registered company name. If they require a business name, use an eBay id or similar.

The only time that will be a problem is if they will not supply to online sellers, then you won't be able to use them unless you have an actual store front you trade from.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

tsohtan
Thanks for your prompt reply. Is that ok to provide personal income tax id as Reseller Tax Id?

Site Admin
fudjj
You can try that, but as I said, very doubtful it will be required for an international customer.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.