Selling replicas on eBay - Feasible?

edu
hello, I'm looking for my niche, and looking on eBay, I find there are thousands of items that are replicas. There are replica phones, there are replicas of sports clothes .... is a saturated market, but tempting.
Is it legal?

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello Edu,

Replicas like counterfeits and fakes are not allowed on eBay. Although many may be listing them, I hardly think it would be wort the risk of getting your account locked up by eBay once your reported/caught.

This what eBay has to say -

We don't allow replicas, counterfeit items, or unauthorized copies to be listed on eBay. Unauthorized copies may include things that are bootlegged, illegally duplicated, or pirated. These kinds of things may infringe on someone's copyright or trademark.

To read more please go to Link hidden: Login to view

Might be best to start researching for a better niche to consider :)

Cheers!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
Directory Approved Supplier
h-and-j-liquidators-and-closeouts-inc
There are some that get away with this on eBay.

However, I wouldn't brother with it. They will shut down your listings, and you won't get a refund for seller fee's.

Hope this helps.

Visit Us at Link hidden: Login to view. Use Coupon Code: "salehoodeal" to get 5% off on any order over $39.
Site Admin
fudjj
Yeah, as has been said already, simply not even worth considering if you value your ability to market on eBay at all. There is most definitely quite a few that do and get away with it, however there are many more that try and end up loosing their eBay accounts all together when they get caught.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.