Top Wholesaler Online - Everyone Please Read.

richelle_salehoo1
Site Admin
I was one of these people having bought ipods on a major bulk auction site for a fair price. I had to pay an 8% buyers fee and the shipping cost was about another 3% . Then ebay charged me 9% plus an insertion fee and paypal hit me with another 3% processing fee.I quickly realized I was going to lose money and have worked hard to keep my losses to a minimum. Had i found Salehoo prior to all of this I may have saved hundreds of dollars in losses. A lesson learned for me but I am still determined to succeed!

That's the spirit jwpost! Don't let the losses get you down, look at them as challenges and be ready to pick yourself up to continue your road to success!

Money-wise if you give up now, you'll never get the chance to recover your losses and gain the profits you deserve!

By the way, welcome to SaleHoo :) All the best!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited

cozziemomonz
Free Member
To Right!

Keep the chin up and keep fighting for success

Cozziemomo NZ

rcglobaltrading
Free Member
Hi Every body,

I am new to salehoo but not new to online selling.

general-grievous7
Hi everyone. The number 1 thing i see on here, is new people saying i cant find anything to sell, or any suppliers help me! So you have been in the online game for 5 minutes, looked , found nothing, then expect people to just give you the secrets?
Guess again. Instead of asking people to give away what they do, how bout get out there and do you research yourself. Guess what? It's gonna take time, there are no 2 ways about it!
I have been an eBay seller on and off for about 6 years. It's only in the last year and a half, that i have thought i really want to make this happen as a living for me.
I have spent the last 12 months solid basically researching. I have come to a point, where i have at least 2 good products right now, that make good money. I am always looking for more. You need to research, to read, to ask questions, to try suppliers out, do sample orders.
The one big thing, and its as alot of people have said, buy in bulk! Im buying items now in lots of 150+, that way you can make a decent profit off it.
Other things to look at, which i have done to make money, is see, and research what is NOT easily available in your country, then research how to get that product in. This i have done also with success.
This is a hard business to get into, but if you are willing to put in the time and money, and not give up, you will be a success. It may take years, but it's worth it. Work hard now, so you don't have to work hard in the future.
I have heard it said, if the dream is big enough, the facts don't count!

warreent
[quote='
Perhaps I should get the group back up an running -- anybody interested?

Very interested. I have some experience with china suppliers, and am currently a powerseller. I have money to spend, just need products that are profitable for ebay. Let me know, I can send you my email if you want.

I would like to join suck group. I have money to inverst in a good product that we can sell.

please let me know

warreent
Yes when it comes to eBay and Amazon your best bet is to start off small. Our products are great for start-up as well as long term. On our wbsite you will find. Apple iPhone, iPad, iPtouch Accessories, BlackBerry Accessories, HTC, Motorola, LG, Samsung, HP, Bluetooth, etc...

Due to the advancements in technology, almost everyone has some sort of wireless device. In an effort to meet this demand, new innovative wireless devices are being released every day. It is a known fact that people love to accessorize. In order to meet the needs of consumers the cellular phone accessories industry has sky rocketed. Today’s society is purchasing accessories for their mobile devices in huge numbers. The truth is no mobile phone is complete without its matching accessories.

Feel free to contact us anytime for further info on our FREE drop shipping services.

973-470-8142
ronya@triple7cellular.com
Dropship@triple7cellular.com

Do I need to have a federal tax ID in order to do drop shipping with you guys?

warreent
Very valuable information. I would be interested if you are looking to form a buyer's group.

[quote='fire_chief_sa']Saturation is part of the territory on ebay and other auction sites.

If you try a new product, that involves risk and you could be left with a whole lot of stock. There are basically items that will always sell - but the mistake that many make is thinking that they are going to sell tons of any given product. In reality each seller is moving 4-5 of any specific item per month. Of course there are the exceptions, where someone has got such a low price on the product, or has risked a new product with success.

Even then within a short space of time other sellers will enter the market and you still run the risk of being caught with tons of stock.

I don't believe wholesale or bulk buying is a fool proof strategy for ebay. If you research with software like hammertap, you'll find products with a high % of sales to listings. Be careful of being taken in by that high percentage, you need to confirm that the volume of actual items sold is also relatively high like over 300 or 400 items sold per month. Once you check the number of sellers, you will find maybe 10-20 sales per seller in some categories.As long as you can be competitive in price and pay attention to your actual listing, there is no reason why you won't be able to perform similarly.

The strategy then may not always be in buying bulk. Calculate what you could reasonably expect to sell per month based on sales volumes, sell through rates, and number of competing buyers.

Use this data to determine which variety of products -- and that's the key, having more than one type of product. With a number of products selling 7-8 pieces per month, you could actually make a proft. You can use the data to calculate potential profit after fees and costs.

Many of our members on wholesalebuyersgroup looked for 60-70% sell through rate. Lets say you are selling bluetooth dongles and they have a high sell through rate -- that's great, but you would have to literally sell hundreds per month to make a living off it. Selling hundreds per month of any product is unlikely for a single seller. Add into it the effort of packaging and shipping 500-600 dongles at around $1 or $2 profit per piece and it's easy to see that we don't really want to be doing that.

Conclusion:

Research the highest volume sellers, not sell through rates.
Check how much competition there is in that line
Calculate what each seller could move in a month.
Calculate the monthly expected profit you could make on the product
buy enough stock for say three months supply - usually this will never be more than 50 pieces of any item.

Then you have to find supply at the right price - not easy for small volumes like that. Wholesalebuyersgroup was designed to accomodate exactly this- many buyers of 20-30 pieces buying different items, directly from China, as a group.

Perhaps I should get the group back up an running -- anybody interested?

I am in. Please let me know.

richelle_salehoo1
Site Admin
Yes when it comes to eBay and Amazon your best bet is to start off small. Our products are great for start-up as well as long term. On our wbsite you will find. Apple iPhone, iPad, iPtouch Accessories, BlackBerry Accessories, HTC, Motorola, LG, Samsung, HP, Bluetooth, etc...

Due to the advancements in technology, almost everyone has some sort of wireless device. In an effort to meet this demand, new innovative wireless devices are being released every day. It is a known fact that people love to accessorize. In order to meet the needs of consumers the cellular phone accessories industry has sky rocketed. Today’s society is purchasing accessories for their mobile devices in huge numbers. The truth is no mobile phone is complete without its matching accessories.

Feel free to contact us anytime for further info on our FREE drop shipping services.

973-470-8142
ronya@triple7cellular.com
Dropship@triple7cellular.com

Do I need to have a federal tax ID in order to do drop shipping with you guys?

Hi warreent,

Please feel free to visit Triple7Cellular's supplier profile page to learn more about them - Link hidden: Login to view

Yes, they do require a sales tax or resellers ID :)

Hope this helps!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited

ndugu
Hi Fellow Salehoo members,

I am a newbie here and would like to open my own health supplements store. Can any one advise me on the following:

1. The best wholesalers and dropshippers for health supplements.

2. Which are the best sites to sell these products outside my own store- Ebay, Amazon or other smaller auction sites.

3. How do I go about researching the most in demand supplements?

4. I don't want the hassle of learning HTML, so I need a hosting company that will give me a ready made store like SalehooStores. Any opinion on Salehoo stores?

Hope I am not asking for too much advice. Any comments will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Ndugu

richelle_salehoo1
Site Admin
Hello and welcome to SaleHoo, Ndugu :)

I will do my best to address each of your concerns individually, kindly refer to my answers below -

1. The best wholesalers and dropshippers for health supplements.

In terms of the best it would be hard to say which suppliers are the best but we can guarantee you that all our suppliers are legitimate and accept safe payment methods.

Here are some suppliers that might have what you are looking for -

Link hidden: Login to view

2. Which are the best sites to sell these products outside my own store- Ebay, Amazon or other smaller auction sites.

Multi-channel approach is great especially in terms of the amount of product exposure and customer traffic. Although in terms of daily traffic eBay still tops the list so if you can spread your listings out on a few sites then the better.

Other sites that you might want to check out are Link hidden: Login to view and Link hidden: Login to view

3. How do I go about researching the most in demand supplements?
You can use our Link hidden: Login to view to do your market research. But please note that the data is applicable only for eBay.com

Others are using Terapeak and Hammertap to help them with their market research.

You can also check online for frequently in demand supplements.

Even a simple keyword search might help! You can download our very own free SEO software, Link hidden: Login to view to do this.

4. I don't want the hassle of learning HTML, so I need a hosting company that will give me a ready made store like SalehooStores. Any opinion on Salehoo stores?

I haven't tried other hosting services so I would be in no position to compare any to SaleHoo Stores :)

My colleague, Irene has a pretty good description of what SaleHoo Stores is and what it has to offer in this Link hidden: Login to view.

Hope this helps you off to a good start!

PS Please check your inbox, I sent you a PM just now more about SaleHoo Stores :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited

cardsfan07
Free Member
Hello,

I am new to salehoo and to the online selling community. I understand there is a lot of research I am needing to do, and by no means am I asking for a quick setup.

I just have a, hopefully simple, question. Basically, I am in the US Air Force and I work full time. I am wanting to do something on the side to bring in a small side income. I understand the amount of effort needed to do this, and I have come to figure I should have enough time on the side.

My question is: Do I have to set up a store either on my own website or ebay with tax ID's and paperwork to get the amount that I am trying to get out of selling online? My goal is to bring in around $300 extra a month, if I get more great, if I get less it's not the end of the world.

So that is my question. I would rather just continue with my personal ebay account and buy 1 to 2 items in bulk to sell for small amounts of profit. I am just running into a lot of dropshippers and wholesalers asking for tax or business information I don't have to set up an account with them.

Any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks!
Lane

richelle_salehoo1
Site Admin
Hi Lane,

Welcome to SaleHoo :)

I think if you haven't really established your selling profile continue to sell using your personal account should be fine.

To help you determine if your time to start your own eBay store you might fine these guides helpful -

Personally it is best that you start small and work your way up... Build your feedback score to make yourself a more reliable seller.

Hope this helps.

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited

fm1234
@cardsfan: If you're active duty military, you may be closer to a great source than you think. All of the bases around me (Rucker, Benning and Eglin are the closest ones of any size) are pretty well surrounded with pawn and surplus places, which tend to take in huge amounts of goods that military personnel are offloading due to transfers, deployments, buyer's remorse etc. If you want to pick up a modest bit of extra income for yourself, you might do well sourcing locally and selling globally via eBay and other venues. For something on that scale, especially given your sources, getting wrapped up in the legal aspects of it is probably not that important (although, if you live on-base, you obviously want to dig around and find out what the rules are there.)

Frank

"Failure is not when you fall down. Failure is when you don't get back up."

--J.J. Luna

cardsfan07
Free Member
Thank you richellemonfort. I think I will continue to sell on ebay with my personal account.

Thank you Frank as well for your input; I really appreciate it. Right now I have 60 feedback at 100% on ebay. I tend to ship quickly so a lot of my feedback states that. So I like your idea.

However, I am not quite sure what exactly you are pointing me towards. Are you saying look up base classifieds to try and turn things? Or go to local pawn shops to try the same? I would think pawn shops would really price things where it wouldn't be my time, but then again I haven't been looking.

Thank you both for your response!

Lane

richelle_salehoo1
Site Admin
Hi Lane,

Glad to be of help. Although your already have a good feedback score, it would still be good to work on making it much better.

But once you use dropshippers you'll easily notice that shipping time is beyond your control so locally sourcing your items and shipping them will certainly keep on track.

All the best!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited

jkent
This is for the many people who are asking about how to make a profit on eBay. The biggest overlooked market on eBay is international sales. I am a US citizen but at the time I am in Japan, there are many products that one can not buy at eBay prices in Japan and even with the shipping costs it is less expensive to buy on eBay if you can find someone willing to fill out the custom form to ship it. The custom form is simple but most people will not ship overseas and when they do they jack up the shipping price. I usually have things shipped to my brother who then forwards them to me because most people are not aware that the forms are so simple and the risk in negligent.

jkent
Cardsfan,
Pawn shops can be a very good source depending on the products. I used to go to pawn shops and find Diamond jewelry as well as semi-precious stones for little money. I would make a deal with the pawnbroker for buying several at a time and turn around and sell them for 5 times what I paid and it was still below wholesale prices. I also would by siding brakes and triple my money. Siding brakes are seasonal so you buy them around Christmas and hold them until march. But pawn shops are an excellent source for the right products.

fm1234

However, I am not quite sure what exactly you are pointing me towards. Are you saying look up base classifieds to try and turn things? Or go to local pawn shops to try the same? I would think pawn shops would really price things where it wouldn't be my time, but then again I haven't been looking.

Wave some cash under a pawnbroker's nose. It's like magic.

You could also get a feel for what pawnbrokers are paying for goods (typically in the range of 20-30% new price, if the item is in good condition) and advertise yourself as an alternative to getting raped by a pawnbroker. It's not inconceivable you could find an average discount point that gives would-be pawn customers better money, and still gets you a better price than you would negotiating with the pawnbroker. The only issue with that goes back to possible rules and regulations on base, if you happen to live on base.

Frank

"Failure is not when you fall down. Failure is when you don't get back up."

--J.J. Luna

schwartz
Free Member
Hi i am new here .
I am looking for anything thats easy to sell as a newbie and make any profit whatsoever. Thanks!

sefro521
This is absolutely true! I was actually selling on eBay for almost a year now before I realized I can purchase at wholesale on eBay as well. Another good business idea with ebay, if you have a store front, is becoming an eBay trading assistant. Sell people's things on EBay for them. It is a demanding market that not many people are doing. Making anywhere's from 30%-60% profit on items. This can add up quickly, especially with high dollar items like antiques and jewelry.

richelle_salehoo1
Site Admin
That's right Sefro521, becoming a trading assistant on ebay is a great way to earn big and at the same time grow your business!

For those interested, we've got a great guide to help start earning on ebay as a trading assistant - Link hidden: Login to view

Cheers!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited

SaleHoo helps over 137,216 online business owners
find reliable low cost suppliers

Find out how