Feedback on Albany Distributing

thewoodlinegroup
Hi,

I listed and sold my first drop ship item on eBay. The item sold and the buyer paid on Monday, Jan 2, 2017. I immediately turned around and purchased the item from Albany Distributing on the same day Jan 2, 2017. Their website states if the order comes in before 3:00 pm it will ship out the same day.

I placed the order before 3:00 but since it was a New Years Day holiday, I assumed it would be taken care of the following business day. I checked the order status on Tuesday Jan 3, 2017 and it was still in "processing". I emailed my buyer to let them know their item may be delayed a day due to the holiday.

I called Albany on Tuesday to check status and went to voice mail and no one called me back. I checked status again online today Jan 4, 2017 and it is still in "processing". I called again and it went to voice mail and no one has called me back. I also emailed customer service for an update and have not received a reply yet. I find it strange that it's been 3 days since I placed my order, can't get anyone to answer the phone, two phone messages and an email message hasn't been returned.

I ~always~ ship my regular (non-drop ship) items out the same day an order is received and drop shipping made me nervous for this very reason. It's been two days since the customer has placed their order and I have no way of contacting Albany Distributing to get an update or tracking number.

Has anyone else had any problems with Albany or any suggestions of what to do?

Thanks in advance,
amdgamdg

UPDATE 1/5/17: I finally got a reply by email and was told "my order had been cancelled and a refund issued". As of today, my online dashboard still shows the order in "Processing" and I've received no refund to my account.

They state the reason the order was cancelled was because "we don't ship to freight forwarders". It was an eBay "International sale thru Global Shipping Program".

Albany Distributing will not ship an item purchased from eBay via their "International Sale thru Global Shipping Program".

Please learn from my mistake.

Also, I was also told that my money would not be refunded for 7 - 10 days, even though they've had my money since 1/5/17.

I'm not sure if I will order from Albany again for the following reasons:

- poor communication (could never reach anyone via phone and it took 3 days to get an email returned)
- poor customer service (email replies were short and rude)
- cancelled my order without notifying me
- charged my credit card immediately but won't refund for 7 - 10 days
- online seller dashboard is not updated or accurate (still showing my order is in "Processing").
- will not ship international orders purchased through eBay's "Global Shipping Program".

Thanks,
amdg amdg

rhea_salehoo
Site Admin
Hi there,

Albany Distributing is a verified supplier on SaleHoo and we have not received serious complaints from them apart from their fee structure. The poor communication should most likely be due to the Holidays.

As for the refund, this can indeed take time most specially when one purchases from a credit/debit card as the card company, and bank policies' processing time can delay this. It takes time to check and clear the refund with the bank, and transfer the credit back to your account - still sorry you had to wait up to 10 days for this though.

You may want to checkout these suppliers carrying related items as Albany's:

Link hidden: Login to view

Hope this helps.

sales290
Worst experience ever with Albany Distributing. These people are a bunch of crooks, charged me a fee, and when I placed the order they just refunded me back the money for the order but kept the fee for the subscription.

I have them as an example for my employees how not to treat buyers - buyers, beware!

fudjj
Site Admin
Hi Alvaro,

I've passed this on to Shane in support for her to review for you. She will be in touch with you shortly to get details so she can then follow up with the supplier.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

shane_salehoo
Site Admin
sales290 wrote:Worst experience ever with Albany Distributing. These people are a bunch of crooks, charged me a fee, and when I placed the order they just refunded me back the money for the order but kept the fee for the subscription.

I have them as an example for my employees how not to treat buyers - buyers, beware!

Hi there! I sent you an email a couple of days ago requesting for more information on your order details? Can you please get back to me so we can assist you better? Looking forward to your reply :)

sales290
Thank you Shane, I have already replied to your email.

Best regards,

Alvaro.

SaleHoo helps over 137,216 online business owners
find reliable low cost suppliers

Find out how