Global Sources Verified Suppliers - Are they real safe?

jkent
I have found some Global Sources Verified Suppliers but wonder what it actually means. Are they safe to buy from? They accept Paypal but many of the Chinese tell me that they no longer accept Paypal because they had problems with them. Some say that they accept HSBC Bank accounts and I have found that it takes $100,000.00 to open an account with HSBC. That ruled me out.
Some suppliers were verified for the first time, are they safe?
I have heard that Paypal is not even a safe way in China because they offer no protection.
Things get confusing when you try to buy from China.
Any advice?

Site Admin
irene_salehoo
Hi jkent,

I am not so familiar with Global Sources, but from their website, they provide access to suppliers based in China, and the company has been existing for several years -
Global Sources is a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with Greater China.
Sorry but we cannot speak on their behalf regarding the safety of using Chinese suppliers from their website. We also have no means of viewing these suppliers.

We have published articles on scam prevention and on dealing with Chinese suppliers - Link hidden: Login to view

You can also let us know what products you are trying to source and we can try find suppliers listed at SaleHoo, based in China, if you wish.

Looking forward to hear from you shortly.

Irene
Directory Approved Supplier
shiningstory
Hi jkent,
I'm a China supplier, i can answer your questions:

1, Global Sources Verified Suppliers, are they safe?
Global Sources request the china supplier membership fee.
So, the supplier on Global Sources almost a big suppliers, and do not accept small orders.

But, i can't tell you they are real safe.
Looking for a reliable supplier is more important than price.

2, Is Paypal a safe way in China ?
Yes, My online store also support paypal.
But, you should be more concerned about the quality of the product

ShiningStory Fashion Jewelry Wholesale

Order Freeshipping wholesale Murano lampwork glass pendants, Shamballa style macrame bracelets, Pandora style beads charm bracelets, wedding bridal bridesmaid jewelry sets. Large stock & Next Day delivery.

jkent
Thank you for your input. I have found a few suppliers from Global Sources that do accept Pay.pal and are willing to accept a small order of 50 peices as a test order.
Some of them are also on the Made-in-China website, not to be confused with madeinchina website. They have prefered status on both web sites but on Global Sources they are new and have just been audited on Made-in-China. On scan advisor they have a 50% safety due to their site being registered in the USA and being in China as well as the length of time the web site has been registered. So much investigation can drive a person crazy.
It brings up trust aspect which is why I choose Paypal for payment. I do have some issues with Paypal but they are a safe way to pay.

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.