Great people reliable dropshipping have used
myself 100s of times since 1999 thanks for reading
Oh ps their website is Link hidden: Login to view

Happy new year to all!

Link hidden: Login to view
We add new stuff daily...
Free Member
haydee
Happy New Year to you, too, Wholesaler Joe! May 2010 be more fruitful and blessed for you! :)

Thanks for the recommendation. Indeed, Hotbuy4u is a reliable supplier and one that we recommend our members use.

Cheers,

wholesalelist101
We did over $11,000 in sales with them in November and December and not one single problem! We had a very successful Christmas season with them and a combination of other wholesalers.

dwmgoods35
That sounds great wholesalelist101! so can I ask were you selling those products from Hotbuy4u.com on ebay?? it just seems to me that those products are pretty much flooded there and wondering how a seller can make a decent margin?

wholesalelist101
A good majority of those sales were on eBay but I don't want to confuse you. I did $11,000 in total sales for 2 months but this was not my profit and the total does not include all hotbuy4u items. I used other dropshippers and shipped a lot of items myself. You have to consider that product cost, eBay fees, and PayPal fees still have to come out of that $11,000.

dwmgoods35
ok now that makes alot more sense, thank you for verifying that with me, lol I was a little confused there!

wholesalejoe
Yes Wholesale List is right much like any business you still have to pay the cost of business, ebay fees, Paypal or merchant accoun fees, and admind costs. And yes the product margins are tight as with any product. You generally don get rich on one sale and in these times you got to do a quite a few orders to make a living as indeed the profit margins are slim as in general people shop price which force all of us to sell close to cost..... I do keep about 25% of our product line below cost and sell at a loss just to compete in price comparison engines to get traffic and customers to our sales funnell which also contains other profitable items. Its a challenge to mix up the right mix but worthwhile still.... Happy holidays to all!

Free Member
mcdady73
Hey Guy, I'm just starting out. How do you setup your prices on ebay with so much fees on ebay. What is the best way to sell on ebay. Please help.

wholesalelist101
You can use a fee calculator such as the one at Link hidden: Login to view to factor in cost and get an idea of where to set your price. I would also suggest you take a look at what your competitors prices are as well.

ammomarine
Company is well below average! Stay away

wholesalelist101
Company is well below average! Stay away

Care to elaborate a little more on this statement? Not sure what you mean? How are they well below average?

noah-007
hi, don't know why ammomarine is so anti. I have been buying from hotbuy4u.com for at least 4 years and have been very happy with them. Even with very high shipping costs to New Zealand I can still make a profit.

enoctheseller
Prices are fair if you are not pretending to sell online , otherwise stay away , profit is very little for online business.
But if you have a storefront , it's ok

dwmgoods35
I second that one. I tried just using the drop ship service for hotbuy4 years ago with very little to no success. I bought a few things in bulk to stock myself and made a little money that way. Right now pretty much everything to do with Electronics you find on ebay now is nickle and dime starting price for auctions ok maybe not that low but prices are def near Wholesale prices and NO where near retail or even 40% below retail pricing. Keep in mind folks In you do buy in bulk even from a drop shippers you can find some success with a discount buying this way.

wholesalejoe
I dealt with Hotbuy for many years.... Never an issue
Good people!

planes
Appreciate the efforts here but we have to do better.

I signed-up for the dropship program and checked five items at random. Each item was priced just high enough to not make a dime on eBay. I checked the Panasonic four phone and answering machine, a radio controlled helicopter, a barbie doll, a watch and a radio controlled plane. All five were either listed and not selling for the past week or were being sold new at the same price as the refurb. One poor soul was selling the radio controlled heli for .75 cents starting bid with 34.00 shipping. He was selling them but still not making a profit if he was using this company and his DSRs are going to take a dive not to mention he was going to have pissed-off buyers.

Now maybe there are items here that are priced good but if one can't show me, than I have to rate this company a BIG thumbs down for eBay.

wholesalelist101
Planes this is the case for any dropshipper out there. There is not a huge profit potential when you use the combination of eBay and a dropshipper period. I will have to say though I have had more success with Hotbuy4u than any other dropshipper I have ever used. I also feel comfortable putting my business in their hands. The product inventory is listed right there on the site. They ship the very next day and sometimes the same day if you get the order in early enough. They have top notch customer service that has always helped me out with any problem or question I have ever had. I am a eBay Powerseller and Top Rated Seller with a 100% feedback rating. Hotbuy is not my only supplier and I do some shipping myself but I am more than pleased with their prices and service when I do use them.

planes
Planes this is the case for any dropshipper out there. There is not a huge profit potential when you use the combination of eBay and a dropshipper period. I will have to say though I have had more success with Hotbuy4u than any other dropshipper I have ever used. I also feel comfortable putting my business in their hands. The product inventory is listed right there on the site. They ship the very next day and sometimes the same day if you get the order in early enough. They have top notch customer service that has always helped me out with any problem or question I have ever had. I am a eBay Powerseller and Top Rated Seller with a 100% feedback rating. Hotbuy is not my only supplier and I do some shipping myself but I am more than pleased with their prices and service when I do use them.

Do you have an example from their site now that would be profitable on eBay.
I only tested 5 items. If you could give an example that would help out the members here, I am sure they would appreciate it, as would I. Are you presently listing items from this company?

wholesalelist101
I have had a huge success with the propane heater

Winter is winding down and spring will be here soon so I sold my last one last Thursday and let the auction expire. I have also had success with the electric razors / trimmers and iPod docking stations. I have a PayPal business account and I always pay with my PayPal card this way I get cash back for every purchase I make. This helps with the eBay fees at the end of the month!

dwmgoods35
Wholesalelist do you have proof though that this has been a success for you? You just listed the product page of that suppliers site, this does not prove anything as to if this has sold and profitted you well on ebay. If this is true then please list the link to the ebay page that this has sold for you and for how much.

If not then I too will give this company a thumbs down. And even if they are trusted and give good customer service there is no proof that they can make you money..

Folks we are in the business to make MONEY! if this company is not going to do that for you and just be a trusted company then dont waste your time.

planes
I have to agree with DWM. Unless your getting a deal not seen on the dealer page then it is not possible to profit with the heater on eBay from hotbuy4u. There are lots of same listings with pricing that would not make it profitable.

I signed-up with hotbuy4u and the prices dont add up.

wholesalelist101
Ok, this will be my last post on this thread about Houtbuy. I don't work for Hotbuy nor do I care if they succeed or fail so I have no reason to sit here and lie to you about my experience with them. I simply made a statement that this is one of the many companies that I have used over the last 3 or 4 years and I have made a profit with them. If I want making a profit with them why would I continue to use them??? If you don't think you can make a profit with them on eBay then fine don't use them but don't sit here and call me a lie and demand proof of sales from me! You are the same ones that are in every thread with your negative comments about every topic posted here. Since you guys know so much why don't you share with us your knowledge? I personally don't think you have made a dime and you are so bitter about it you sit back and criticize everyone else!

dwmgoods35
First of all nobody in here is trying to be negative or pick on anyone including you wholesalelist we are just trying to advice and show the reality of working with dropshippers and offering to help and succeed. We are not in all threads trying to be negative.

Only reason I asked to offer proof is you said you have made a profit from this product so we want to show both myself and other users on here the best way to make a profit with this company listed nobody said we were judging your honesty we just want to see for ourselves. Trus me im not perfect and right now im struggling myself to make a living online so im not pefect and never said i knew it all i again just have a hard time understanding how you can make money with these products. Thats it!

Sorry if I upset anyone that was not my intension.

planes
The problem doesn't lie with you Wholesale101. If you made a profit or are profiting then that is a good thing and all the power to you.

Hotbuy4u is not a bad company and I have done some back history tracing on them and I have not found negative comments about them. At one point several years ago, they were even an eBay trusted partner. They have been around for a long time.

The problem lies in the fact that of the twenty items I have now run the numbers on, I am not seeing a profit with their pricing compared to eBay's completed listings from the past week.

Who knows, maybe someone is trying to put others off by listing crummy prices from a phantom seller account. I dont know! What I do know is that my OS calculator no lie. lol

My guess is you are using several Droppers and sell the items that are profiting now and switch between several or just list a ton of items from different droppers and when they sell they sell and sometimes its Hotbuy4u.
Which is a very smart maneuver on your part so good going.

wholesalejoe
Well I want to chime in.. Any dropshipper thats easy to find in the public eye you will be hard pressed to make profits on the initial sale. The problem is that you have kitchen and living room sellers who drop the prices to nothing once they have the source.

I can see selling items at cost or below cost to make a customer lead. For example you sell the heater that was showcased and grant it you sell a few make some small profits or even a loss but that isnt the end of the sales cycle.

I also know wholesalelist101 sells a ebook and other services as well via email broadcasts and social media. So you see once you make the sale on EBAY it isnt the end of the sale. You cant measure your profits on the inital sale anymore you got to measure the total profits over the life of the customer.

Lets say you sell the heater at loss of $10.00 and you acquire Harry Saks as customer from EBAy who goes on to visit your website where you sell tons of profitable items and ebooks and have adsense ads. Harry goes to buy a $50.00 ebook on how to buy wholesale, buys a box of jewelry your selling you make $24 profit on and clicks on a few adsense ads on your site making you another $5.00 So in this scenario yes you lost $10 on the initial sale to make the lead but went on to sell the customer more goods off your personal website and made $74.00 profit....... THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING ON EBAY......

if your the type of seller that is narrow minded and just focus on the one sale on ebay and dont have a other items to sell off ebay via a website or affliate links then your the one that is missing the boat. I know many sellers who sell at cost to generate 200 to 500 sales a month to get the customer data and go on to buld relationships with these customers to do follow up sales of good profit items.

The process is called a Sales Funnel, go google it educate yourself. Wholesalelist101 does excellent business and I just described his sales funnell... For you guys to tear him apart saying he is not making nothing and giving Hotbuy a thumbs down is plain stupidity........ Using Ebay and Hotbuy as combination to make a new customer is indeed a great lead generation formula and if played right can lead to secondary sales in the sales funnel that is profitable.

No person is going to open his books to show you the entire sales funnell as to many people will copy cat and make it tough... Be unique create your backend offers and use EBAY and Hotbuy to make leads. Let this advice soak in cause it works........ For those that want to bad mouth the process or say its BS then if you got something better show the data! Thanks Joe

Site Admin
fudjj
That's a really solid post Joe, and important reading for anyone wanting to build a successful online business.

It's a tried and true method that is employed by most in this type of business, and is where the true value of a site such as ebay is often over looked and under utilized.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

planes
Well I want to chime in.. Any dropshipper thats easy to find in the public eye you will be hard pressed to make profits on the initial sale. The problem is that you have kitchen and living room sellers who drop the prices to nothing once they have the source.

I can see selling items at cost or below cost to make a customer lead. For example you sell the heater that was showcased and grant it you sell a few make some small profits or even a loss but that isnt the end of the sales cycle.

I also know wholesalelist101 sells a ebook and other services as well via email broadcasts and social media. So you see once you make the sale on EBAY it isnt the end of the sale. You cant measure your profits on the inital sale anymore you got to measure the total profits over the life of the customer.

Lets say you sell the heater at loss of $10.00 and you acquire Harry Saks as customer from EBAy who goes on to visit your website where you sell tons of profitable items and ebooks and have adsense ads. Harry goes to buy a $50.00 ebook on how to buy wholesale, buys a box of jewelry your selling you make $24 profit on and clicks on a few adsense ads on your site making you another $5.00 So in this scenario yes you lost $10 on the initial sale to make the lead but went on to sell the customer more goods off your personal website and made $74.00 profit....... THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING ON EBAY......

if your the type of seller that is narrow minded and just focus on the one sale on ebay and dont have a other items to sell off ebay via a website or affliate links then your the one that is missing the boat. I know many sellers who sell at cost to generate 200 to 500 sales a month to get the customer data and go on to buld relationships with these customers to do follow up sales of good profit items.

The process is called a Sales Funnel, go google it educate yourself. Wholesalelist101 does excellent business and I just described his sales funnell... For you guys to tear him apart saying he is not making nothing and giving Hotbuy a thumbs down is plain stupidity........ Using Ebay and Hotbuy as combination to make a new customer is indeed a great lead generation formula and if played right can lead to secondary sales in the sales funnel that is profitable.

No person is going to open his books to show you the entire sales funnell as to many people will copy cat and make it tough... Be unique create your backend offers and use EBAY and Hotbuy to make leads. Let this advice soak in cause it works........ For those that want to bad mouth the process or say its BS then if you got something better show the data! Thanks Joe

True points, but we have to take into consideration the living room seller which are most of the members here, if I may be so bold in saying. Most who visit and or eventually join Salehoo, want products they can sell now. Many may be considered newbies and aren't prepared experience wise to start an operation as you suggest. They need to be able to put some coin in their pocket now on eBay.

Hotbuy is not a viable source for eBay for the general seller that wants to make some money selling on eBay. To support DWM, I know for a fact he has made some good coin running his eBay business. I have personally seen his numbers. I wont go into any more detail than that but I would bet he has made more than many on this forum with just plain ole barter.

My gripe, and I have had this since I first joined Salehoo, is the middle man dropper. When someone starts listing a bunch of them, my ears prick up. I don't like them and never will particularly the ones who promote eBay as a good selling source for their product. Fudjj knows, as he has seen my rants and somewhat unfriendly targeting. When I can get better pricing at Newegg with free shipping then at a so called dropper I get mad.

That is my point. Sales tunneling is great if you are set up for it. 101 has a website similar to Salehoo's and has a whole marketing plan in place to make money. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but my concern is the general Salehoo member that wants product he can sell and profit from on eBay.

dwmgoods35
Thanks so much for your support PLANES I greatly appreciate it and yes I have done pretty decent for the products I have been selling and even though my critical thinking can at times get in the way I still am very stubborn and yet determined to make this work some how so if thats not enough to keep going and keeping suppliers honest to the buyer then I don't know what is.

Free Member
hewi
Hello,

l have a really stupid question, so go ahead and laugh if you want :). But! How do l change the dropship adress at Hotbuy4u? l can only change the billing adress, would be very happy for an answer!

Thanks, Henrik

Site Admin
irene_salehoo
Hello,

l have a really stupid question, so go ahead and laugh if you want :). But! How do l change the dropship adress at Hotbuy4u? l can only change the billing adress, would be very happy for an answer!

Thanks, Henrik

Hi Henrik,

I found this detail from their drop shipping info -
We recommend that YOU CONFIRM the item you are shipping is being sent directly to the Billing Statement address of the Credit Card Holder, or PayPal Account Holder.

from Link hidden: Login to view

It would be best if you get in touch with them directly at Link hidden: Login to view

Cheers!

Irene
Free Member
eclman
To do business with this company do you need a tax ID/Resale certificate? if not then they're not a "true" wholesaler as it is required by law that each individual selling for them possesses these two documents.. Just asking because I do not see anything about it on their website and im not interested in selling "marked-up" wholesale goods..

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.