www.wholesalerwholesaler.com are they genuine?

annalynt
Link hidden: Login to view

are these people real or are they scammers

Free Member
jimmy_huber
As far as I know they are legit. They have been around since 2003 and I dont see any scam reports on them as of yet.

Link hidden: Login to view by SaleHoo
bacpro
This website looks like Joe Richey Swap Sell.

If it is stay away????same format and location

John(Bacpro)

PS: Just be careful....

J Baca
drena
i think it is that joe richey swap sell thing as i have been getting emails from him after signing up.

drena

Free Member
jimmy_huber
wait now that I think of it yes. If you goto Link hidden: Login to view you will be redirected to wholesalewholesale

Ive used them before. If you can sift through all the crap affiliate links they have setup you can get some good deals on items. I bought hundreds of sauna belts from them about a year ago. But beware of the items they label as designer. Almost all of them are knockoffs

mabullas
What about the stuff they say is genuine 24ct gold - real or fake? They have a really good looking deal on 24ct gold chains, which would be really good if it is solid 24ct and not electroplated or fake. I'm thinking of buying, but need to know if their other stuff (not designer labels) are fake.

They also have Swarovski crystal rings in 24ct gold. Swarovski is respected, but do you think it's likely that they're in the same category as their fake designer stuff? Great looking deal otherwise - very little cost to me, and a way of getting some good initial capital.

mabullas
I've just had a couple of interesting exchanges with this company. I filled in a customer support form asking basically the following:

1. What are your shipping costs for international orders on the item in question (ie 24ct gold chains in bulk), as local fees are listed but not international?

2. Is the 'gold' 24ct solid, plated, or electroplated?

I received a reply with a link to the international order form. Still no exact shipping specified on that form. Rang UPS (because I would be choosing ordinary ground shipping) locally - they said it wouldn't be likely to be sent through them, as they deal mostly in huge import weights. No reply on question (2)

Filled out another customer form with more specific questions, ie

1. What approximate weight are we looking at for the chains? didn't ask specifically - just between x pounds and y pounds, etc

2. What shipping service are you using (so I could work out what my likely shipping costs would be)

3. Repeated my question about the chains.

Got back a reply - Michelle, just fill in the international form...

Didn't address my other questions whatsoever.

I realise that it's a closeout joint, but what do they have to hide? I'm supposed to just hand over my credit card details so they can debit whatever they like on shipping and handling??? I've never come across any company that couldn't even give you a shipping estimate even. They are able to post it on their local form, but they can't tell me anything about what I'm buying or what I have to pay to get it shipped out???

Yes I know it's pot luck what you get in terms of exact items, but I can't see any reason why they don't have even a general estimate, nor why they simply ignore every question except to tell me where to order. Even a 'we don't know' would at least be an answer!

I answered the email in this manner (and I quote):

I have the international order form. That does not answer the questions I asked.

They are simple enough questions - is there some reason why they can't be answered? Before I buy, I want to at least know that I am not buying electroplate or gold plating, as it is not specified whether the gold in question is plated or solid. And I would like to at least know enough information about ground shipping to work out what the likely shipping costs will be. I know that part of the discount is because the customer is taking pot luck on reduced items, but I've never handed credit card details over without knowing what my overall cost will be. I've never known any company (wholesale or closeout) who will not do this. I'm not going to give the go ahead to debit my credit card and find out that I'm paying, for example $50 for delivery that wasn't already told to me. I think this is not unreasonable. And I am not even asking for definite costs - just enough information in order to work it out through the shipping company.

To just continue to tell me to just fill out the international form without even attempting to address my questions, is frankly rather insulting. If you can list shipping costs on the local forms, you can do so on international ones. Every other company does. I like a bargain to make a profit as much as any other reseller, but I'm trying to run a business, and that doesn't work on 'mystery wait-and-see' debits for shipping costs.

I'm posting this for 2 reasons:

(1) if any other international customers are thinking of ordering, at least they can see what their customer service is like

(2) if any international customers have had dealings with these people, I would be interested to know what experiences you have had

I do not give carte blanche to debit my credit card for an amount which I don't know in advance. Nor can I see any legitimate company who works in this way.

PS If this is an example of their customer service, I'm not impressed.

bayericlowe
This group seems to be a scam.

I'm not so sure anyone should do orders with them....

If you tell them the country you are shipping to, they are supposed to quote the shipping cost right away. This works with almost any of them, including clothing wholesalers.

If they don't give quotes and estimates, or do not offer a calculator, chances are there is something really wrong with the company. Just watch for these types.

mabullas
Yes, this is what I suspect. I decided I was going to get an answer one way or another, so I filled in another customer form, and this time I was so specific about the questions I wanted to ask, that they would have to answer them.

I got back the reply 'we don't do estimates'. They also have not satisfactorily answered any question about whether the 24ct gold chains were solid (would be unbelievable at that price), gold plated, electroplated, vermeil, or some sort of combination of these.

I don't think I want to deal with this company. However, for curiousity, I have posted another query asking specific information about the gold chains as listed above. Since they haven't replied on this point, I figured I'd pin them down. I bet they can't answer that straight either.

I'm undecided as to whether I should inform them that their responses to me are being thoroughly discussed on a forum where international sellers such as myself can see exactly what responses they give to inquiries. Part of me would like to, so that they can see that other potential international customers are going to partly make their decisions based on examples of their customer response to me. But I am unsure of the legal situation - not so much for me, as I'm in a different country, but for this forum, which is located in the same country as they are.

In any case, any international customer thinking about buying from this company who wants a copy of all communication from their 'customer support service' may email me at Link hidden: Login to view. I am willing to forward everything I have. Remember, this is one small purchase of one of their items, not a big complex one. It has taken 3 contacts by me to get a straight answer to one question, and God knows how many it wil take to get a straight answer to the other.

mabullas
Well, it took 5 messages to them to finally get them to admit that the chains are gold overlay - which makes their advertising somewhat misleading, to say the least. If I had bought those chains without pushing through those 5 messages to find that out, I would not be able to give potential customers an accurate description of what they were buying.

That makes me slightly wary of anything else they advertise, if they can't even describe the product adequately.

They do give you a link to the UPS website so you can work out the information for yourself - but that's next to useless if they refuse to give you even an estimate of how much the items you're ordering are likely to weigh in the first place.

I will not be buying - and it should not take 5 times contacting customer support to find out simple information like this. Hardly impressive or professional! International buyers beware!

bayericlowe
Yea no straight answers tells you someone isn't shooting straight here, or they're shooting blanks one way or another.

I would like to take a look at that correspondence, it just seems these guys are a little more shifty than normal and it needs some analysis.

It appears that these folks are not entirely serious about the business they are in, even if by chance it is legitimate because I could tell nearly anyone a shipping quote just by weighing the item right on one of those 5 dollar scales! They couldn't be that poor, or incompetent, my best guess is the reps are very lazy.

mabullas
I will email it to you this evening.

Free Member
jimmy_huber
I have bought many items from this company and I have recieved everything I paid for. But as many of you have noticed thier customer support is absolute CRAP. I have never receieved a straight answer for anything I have purchased.

I have sent them many emails but never recieved a response unless it was a quote for paypal payment for a bulk purchase. I once purchased some solid gold chains from them. They were solid, but they were like rubber bands. So thin I could break them with very little effort.

As I have said before I have bought hundreds of sauna belts from them and made a bundle on them. I bought them for $3.99 each and sold them for $17.99 Each.

I have also bought closeout digital camera lost from them. The first 2 lots were decent and I made some profits on them but the 3rd lot I bought was absolute CRAP.

Again They have good stuff but you have to search high and low for the lowdown on what they are offering. Most of thier jewelry is stuff from penny's and vaun maur. All liquidated stuff.

But I have actually seen the same products they offer sold on
Link hidden: Login to view And seen the exact same pictures for the ads on surplus.net on wholesalerwholesaler.com aka swapselltrade.com

Ive come to the conclusion that this so called company is just your average idiot running a dropshipping setup. You buy his crap, he orders it and then ships it to you. If you notice all the shipments take at least 2 weeks. Very slow for a professional business.

So the tradeshow line is just a load of crap. This so called company is run out of a basement or garage. That is why thier shipping takes so long. Because after you order they order the same stuff off of surplus.net then when they get the delivery they ship it to you after of course shaving off thier profits.

Most likely the reason your not getting your questions answered is because this company has no clue what the answer really is.

mabullas
The fact remains, however, incompetent this guy is: who in their right mind says 'sure, I'm in a different country and have no come back, but go ahead and debit my credit card for whatever amount you like....I don't actually need to know how much it's costing when I order from you'?

The US amount is clearly stated on the form; for you, Jimmy, that is going to be a different story, as you know upfront what you're going to be paying to have it delivered. But would you hand over your credit details to someone who won't even tell you what your total cost is?

I can tell you that there are absolutely no details about shipping at all on the international order page - and I would have thought that this would be standard for anybody conducting a business. Even one-off hobby sellers on ebay getting rid of an unwanted gift can manage to get this right. Heck, I'm just a part time seller on a pension, and even I wouldn't not tell a customer what I was charging in shipping fees.

I know very well what my bank would have to say about it if I were stupid enough to give this guy my credit card details without knowing how much he'd be debiting....

Actually, there are plenty of psych wards that would take me in if I did that.... :shock:

Sounds like this company should be renamed 'Honest Joe's Used Cars' or something like that... :lol:

Free Member
jimmy_huber
The US amount is clearly stated on the form; for you, Jimmy, that is going to be a different story, as you know upfront what you're going to be paying to have it delivered. But would you hand over your credit details to someone who won't even tell you what your total cost is?

Actually what Im getting at is why deal with the middleman when you should deal with the source.

This guy doesnt have a clue. And has horrid customer service. We all know hes getting his stuff from liquidators listed on Link hidden: Login to view Just go directly to the source and get the products from the real liquidators . At least they are a genuine company with the warehouses to stock the closeout items. They will probably have a better price and be better equiped to give you a real quote.

rwzee
I purchased a lot of sunglasses 200 to be exact they came within 1 week of ordering. Quality was as advertised. 'close-out Foster Grant sunglasses all brand new with the price tag and Foster Grant Tag. The lot was mixed, all different styles, most I would personally wear or feel great selling. Paid $1 per pair. Turn them around within 2 days at a town fair. Sold them $3-$5 a pair.
I see alot of posts from people saying Joey Richey is a scam/joke....my experience was positive. The only drawback, once they have your email address you get bombed with multiple emails daily promoting their deals, or money making opportunities. The emails don't stop and they get annoying! Really annoying!!

Good luck- I can't say good, bad or otherwise. Just state my experience with them.

mabullas
Amen! I agree with you.

Meanwhile, dealing directly with manufacturers is having its own comical side for me. I put a simple inquiry about an ipod voice recorder to one Chinese manufacturer. The trade site gave me an option of sending it to everyone who makes that particular item. 'Oh, good!', I thought. Except that I've already had about 40 manufacturers who don't make that product but make othe ipod accessories reply to me sending me all their prices and wanting to do business, and more are coming each day..... :shock:

I'm in cognitive overload. I did find a manufacturer with a reasonable price per unit (but huge MOQ), and things haven't been the same when I go shopping, ever since I saw the same things our top retailers are selling for 19.95 being sold directly from the manufacturers for 20 cents a piece....

Yes, I'm coming to the same conclusion. I'm going to try to do a small sample order with the ipod voice recorder (direct from the manufacturer, no middle man), get a gadget junkie associate to play with it for a month, then split the remainder between at least 3 auction sites. If they sell, I might have enough money to pay back at least half of the credit card advance I'd need for the MOQ for the rest. If it doesn't work, there are tons of smaller, cheaper accessories that I would easily afford the MOQ for, direct from the manufacturer. And they will modify things, put logos on, do whatever I really want to really. Most of them seem ready to practically bend over backwards to get your custom. My mind is already thinking 'all I need is a few thousand dollars and I bet I could design some really funky looking stuff not seen around that they could make up for me to specification'.....

But definitely better dealing with the manufacturer - at least the profit is mine.

bayericlowe
I would just like to say that this bloke has contacted me again and again, trying to advertise his service and I have come to a similar conclusion.

These people are middle-men and are getting it off of surplus.net or somewhere else.

They are very dodgy and even though likely legitimate, would take a long time on shipping orders and they seem to lack the basic concepts ie: know what shipping is.

If they would improve those aspects maybe it would be worth the risk, but it just smells very funny and overall I would not give them my debit card/credit without seeing quotes for sure.

mabullas
What I find unbelievable about that is that you're 'voting with your feet' and presumably so are others (it should be pretty obvious to him that I have - I mean, if someone is interested enough to make 5 contacts about a product, then that is a customer you don't want to get away) - yet he just doesn't get it?

Is this guy too thick to get it through his skull? If I were in the position of having the money to get cheap stuff like him, no way would I be doing that. I'd be thinking, 'hey, I'm on a good thing here - if I treat my customers right they'll be coming for miles and I'll have a top notch thriving business'. I'd be investigating the whole shipping thing and making sure I was going to get the best shipping option for my customers, making everything completely transparent on the order form, and leave business contact details so that the customer could contact me and be sure of getting good service. Then instead of being 'shonky John's goods' I'd be a repected legit business with a customer base who knew they could rely on me. That sort of trust relationship with a business can work wonders with both keeping current customers and also getting new ones by word of mouth. It wouldn't cost him any extra - maybe a couple of hours of research on shipping, if he could be bothered.

The site itself - well, I'm buying a professional template for my auctions in the next couple of weeks. I wouldn't dream of putting up a web site like that. If he can't put up a professional looking page, I suggest he buy one of those computer mags that often have software in them. He might get a full version WYSIWYG editor with loaded templates. Would cost him next to nothing and would present his stuff so much better.

Some marketing skills might help also. If he's too lazy to do one, he could read one of those 10 minute ebooks floating around ebay, and still know more than he does now. An advertising email for a sale with the subject heading, 'It's March already and you're still a jackass' is not only unprofessional but insulting.

Everything just seems to reek 'amateur' - gives the impression of dodginess before you even begin to order, even if he is legit and on the level.

If he can't be bothered to provide necessary details for purchase, I can't be bothered buying from him either.

bayericlowe
Maybe he is using an autoresponder program also, that's another thing I wondered after getting five of the same email back in response to my question.

I got this information after I observed what goes on when you email him, it just appears like it is automatic all the time.

It just seems way too fishy from the onset, not enough information and always the same email?

Auto-responders can do that easily, and drive people away with madness if they are done rather poorly.

Looking for any other opinions on wholesalerswholesale.

bayericlowe
I purchased a lot of sunglasses 200 to be exact they came within 1 week of ordering. Quality was as advertised. 'close-out Foster Grant sunglasses all brand new with the price tag and Foster Grant Tag. The lot was mixed, all different styles, most I would personally wear or feel great selling. Paid $1 per pair. Turn them around within 2 days at a town fair. Sold them $3-$5 a pair.
I see alot of posts from people saying Joey Richey is a scam/joke....my experience was positive. The only drawback, once they have your email address you get bombed with multiple emails daily promoting their deals, or money making opportunities. The emails don't stop and they get annoying! Really annoying!!

Good luck- I can't say good, bad or otherwise. Just state my experience with them.

Well maybe in some cases, you need a supplier like his anyway because you can get hundreds of cheap mostly home-made items.

The sunglasses are probably factory made cheap plastic, so I can see why it was profitable. But even still you're looking at his business for a quick buck, on mostly clearance items. It becomes an excercise in what to purchase and when, for mostly fringe items because that's what Joe Richy is good at.

And maybe that is their market, however I would never dream of ordering expensive items or wholesale product lots of TVs from them. That is for sure.

Not the service nor the store for that kind of offer. Their customer service tells it all. If you want cheap throwaway items this is the place to go, everything else you need a wholesale warehouse for.

wholesalejoe
bayericlowe how does one make foster grant sunglasses at home.... makes ya wonder why you bash so much

We add new stuff daily...
bayericlowe
bayericlowe how does one make foster grant sunglasses at home.... makes ya wonder why you bash so much

This is absurdity. Why is that relevant and why would anyone named 'wholesalejoe' care if someone was able to get his sunglasses at a flea market?

I think the point which was made here, is that his stuff is only good for those interested in selling alot of low cost goods quickly and swiftly. And that is fine, there is nothing wrong with that.

However you can still get the same goods elsewhere, and that is what it came down too in that post. But if I didn't know any better I would say you are Joe Richy because that name is very obvious!

And if you are then you can defend your whole product line until the cows come home, the facts remain we have all had different levels of service with you and alot of it has been very poor.

We are going to talk about it and that's not going to change. If you put out poor service and don't advertise correctly, people will always talk about it or criticise.

It is a fact of life! So if you aren't prepared to offer quality service and answer people's questions, then expect people to complain! Until you change the service and offer better customer support for everyone as that is what criticism is for in any company.

wholesalejoe
*****DELETED BY ADMIN****

wholesalejoe

joey-tt
Im a member,I SEE ALOT OF POST FOR THIS PLACE.
I have bought some small stuff and made some $, I think that he is a fair guy.
here is there, terms of service,It talks about there jewelry/ gold and stuff,hope it helps.

mabullas
Hey, if this is really Joe Richey, then I am wondering why the valuable time spent on this forum would not have been better spent improving customer service (especially providing decent shipping estimates for internationals). Turn around time to get a response at his customer service page is much slower than it is to get a response here. Perhaps we should all post our customer service questions here - maybe we'll all get straight answers in half the time and with half the effort normally required :)

And of course, I'd also be wondering whether the money he spent on Salehoo would not have been better spent on Microsoft Front page or somesuch - or (in keeping with the cheap theme) spent on a PC magazine with a free full version of a HTML editor. Then the site might actually look and function reasonably professionally :)

That is, if it's Joe Richey.....

I still wonder if Joe Richey is a person - maybe he's just a rogue autoresponder set up by an internet marketer gone mad..... ;)

This is the Twilight Zone....

bayericlowe
This website looks like Joe Richey Swap Sell.

If it is stay away????same format and location

John(Bacpro)

PS: Just be careful....

I also received many copies of that email.

It said 'Welcome to Joe Richey's swap and sell trade!!' or some variation, each time a different advertisement.

You know, I think he has good intentions but isn't that experienced on this front of the business so he offers a somewhat bad customer support.

Maybe if people interact with him more over here, and tell them what he needs to do, ie: fire the part time staff, get someone to quote SHIPPING prices for goodness sakes, and carry more eBay/uBid ready items.

It would also help if he established his credibility a bit more with a better website. But you see bacpro, you and others are veterans in this and have seen this countless times.

Nobody has come along and just told him the flat truth. The truth is michelle is right, Swap Swell Trade basically sucks. It has some very bad design decisions, and just not credible enough to be a serious site.

It can make some very needed improvements like mentioned above, get to know its customer base more, and become a very worthwhile company to do business with. All Joe has to do is listen to feedback, and implement working recommendations. :o

wholesalejoe

wholesalejoe

wholesalejoe
Why the deletion of free speech?

bayericlowe
it's Joe Richey.....

I still wonder if Joe Richey is a person - maybe he's just a rogue autoresponder set up by an internet marketer gone mad..... ;)

This is the Twilight Zone....

Dooda doodoo Dooda Doodoo, the Twilight Zone!!

In all seriousness, he needs to shape up the act or stop posting. I mean its ridiculous. We all know what he needs to do and that is take this seriously! Make some much needed corrections to his 'business' or else nobody, including any of us, will buy from him.

Its not go give free shipping or slash the prices of everything. Its not give everything away for free including gold watches. Its not put on a pointed hat and do a song-and-dance. The solution to Swap Sell Trade's problem is simple: Put Customer Service First, Second and Third!!!

And hire some staff who can quote shipping costs for goodness sake!!! He is NOT the center of the universe, the service is.

wholesalejoe
we appreciate the advice and try our best
sorry maybe in the future we will hire quote
agents to work for free to service your needs.. Sorry impossible to handle all on slim margins

wholesalejoe
Its April and we are still here proactively servicing the Salehoo community

singapore101
joe got his gold rolls in Rhode island.Cant remember the company. A few years back you could get the whole roll for around 65.00 shipped.I sold quite a few myself for 120.00.Also one time he had JLO earrings,I sold them all over the world.The junk cameras were a joke.None worked, but the pawn shop owner didnt know.

singapore101
Joe ritchy got the gold rolls from a company in rhode island.Family run business
I cant remember the name of the company.

I bought the gold roll direct from company in rhode island few years back.price was around 65.00 usd.joe was selling for around 120.00usd
Needless to say but i sold all of them for between 1.75 to 3.50

wholesalejoe
Rhode Island has alot of awesome jewelry dealers.
I dont sell the 144 gold roll much anymore but can still
get and price is at $52 for good purchasers

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.