Wholesale & eBay Forum General Selling Advice & Tips Tips on selling platforms, suppliers, and products

Tips on selling platforms, suppliers, and products

john.villarosa89
Hi I'm a newbie and I would like to ask for advice about the following

Selling platforms-

I am from the Philippines and I would like to know what platforms do the majority sell their products.
Initially I had Lazada in mind and I know that Ebay and Amazon is a popular choice by everyone but can sellers from the Philippines sell there? I've done a bit of research and It seems it gives you a hard time setting up a seller account? I might need guidance from you guys on how to sell on International market.

Suppliers-

May I know what are your good and bad experiences with Suppliers? and tips on how to establish your business relationship with them for future references.

Products-

I know Salehoo has provided good research about good to sell products but the study is based on Amazon or eBay does it apply that its good to sell on local market in the Philippines?

these are my questions for now and I look forward in establishing my online business through this.

Thank you

fudjj
Site Admin
Hi John and welcome to the forum,

In regards to the most popular platforms, I don't know anything about Lazada so I can't offer any advice there. Of course, as you have correctly identified, the two big players in this space are Amazon and eBay. You can of most definitely use both platforms to sell from Phil, no issues there.

All you need do is open a Ph eBay account up Link hidden: Login to view

I think you will find this info interesting regarding Amazon Link hidden: Login to view

Any problems in regards to setting up an account, we'll be happy to help.

When it comes to suppliers, it really comes down to you doing your research so you can clearly identify everything you need to make sure you are giving yourself the best possible chance at success.

The Research Lab Tool results you are referring to are generated directly from eBay.com, they are very specific to that market. Now, that doesn't mean that they won't be successful in other markets, but it certainly doesn't guarantee it either.

It's only a tool, use it as nothing more as the research tool it is supposed to be. It gives you a good starting point to kick off your research and then that task can start taking you down all different avenues.

I hope that gives you enough to get you moving in the right direction but just give us a shout out any time you need any help with anything.

Cheers

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view

SaleHoo helps over 137,216 online business owners
find reliable low cost suppliers

Find out how