Fall September Special
Wholesale & eBay Forum Supplier Wanted Fishing Gear - Suppliers Needed

Fishing Gear - Suppliers Needed

reg
Hello,

I'm looking for wholesale and/or drop ship sources that carry a diverse range of fishing tackle and gear for both fresh and salt water. Rods, reels, storage equipment is high on my list. I have found a couple by using the tax permit required filter but I need more because I have yet to find the quality equipment that I want to sell. I don't want to settle for cheap equipment that will break at first use. The tax permit filter helps by eliminating the "wholesale prices to the public" folks. If you have one it's the best way to find B2B sources. Thank you for any assistance.

Monica
Link hidden: Login to view
Last edited by shane_salehoo on 31 May 17 04:11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SEO

shane_salehoo
Site Admin
Hi there,

Have you checked out the following suppliers?

To find specific products on their sites, I recommend using the search function and also make sure you contact them directly in order to get their true wholesale pricing which is always better than you will see on their site. When doing this, provide them with the quantity you are ideally looking for, where you want them shipped to, and how often you plan on purchasing - this helps gets the best possible price.

Hope this helps you out and if you need anything further just sing out :)

reg
Thank you Shane for your assistance. Yes, I had checked those suppliers and found that only two were legitimate wholesaler's, which I've already placed applications with. I'm trying to find more because it's better to have alternate sources for products.

Legitimate wholesaler's do not sell to the public and require tax permits. Their prices allow for a comfortable profit margin, usually 100-300%. The others are really retailers that will sell products at a small discount, usually approximately 20%. That results in a extremely small profit margin, like $5.00.

I will continue to check back for new wholesale suppliers.

Best Regards,

Monica

Monica

fudjj
Site Admin
Hi Monica,

Just a quick tip with suppliers, don't take any advertised price as fact, especially with wholesale. So wholesale suppliers will be selling public direct, but still offer a good wholesale margin on their products. They won't be advertising that price up front because most of time it will come down to what size volume you will be purchasing in.

So it's always worth at least having the conversation with them to confirm.

In regards to genuine wholesale margins, this really comes down to the type of product and the market itself. I know of an electrical retailer who spends upwards of 150,000 AUD per month on stock and they have a margin of 7.5%. The trick there is turnover, when you are moving upwards of 150,000 of stock per month, 7.5% is a nice little earner.

One of the biggest margins in the market is in food, especially in things like coffee. That's at the retail end, not the wholesale end. Retail coffee has around a 400% margin in most cases, that's barista style coffee I mean. So any one thinking about going into the food business, you can do a lot worse that make sure you get a coffee machine :)

Cheers

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

SaleHoo helps over 137,216 online business owners
find reliable low cost suppliers

Find out how