HalloweenSee What's Inside
HomeeCommerce BlogVideo Blog: Search Engine Optimization Tips for Online Retailers Part 1 of 3

Video Blog: Search Engine Optimization Tips for Online Retailers Part 1 of 3

Video Blog: Search Engine Optimization Tips for Online Retailers Part 1 of 3

Need to get more website traffic to your online store? You are in the right place! Today we start our mini-course on search engine optimization (SEO).

Even if you are totally new to SEO and getting your website ranking in Google, our mini-course will give you the snap shot you need to get started!

Check out the video below.

 

Hi  guys, 
I’m Alice and I am back with another selling tactic that you can use to help to boost your online sales. 
I’m really excited about today’s video, because I am starting a 3 part series on SEO or search engine optimization, which will be of particular interest to anyone who owns an online store including all our SaleHoo Store users!
The reason I am doing these videos over 3 parts is because there is a lot to cover with SEO and I want to make sure you at least get a taste for the basics. 
 Right, let’s into it. 
In this video, I want to talk about why you should bother with SEO and why it’s such an important part of your business strategy. 
Over 90% of Internet users use search engines, like Google, to navigate the web. When the internet was first invented and being used by the masses, people used to open their browser and type a URL direct into their browser. Now, we hardly ever do that. Now, instead, we just search.  
9 of 10 searches are done from Google, Yahoo and Bing and as you can see from this graph I have on screen, Google holds over 85% market share of search engines, so they alone get around 8/10 searches out through their search engine. So in short, Google is the big daddy in search engines!  
 
The results from organic search engine optimization are FREE!  It is an investment of your time with lasting value, not an advertising expense. 
So what results can you expect when your website rank well in search engines? 
Well here’s a quick example:
Say you owned a store selling baby items. 
According to Google’s own statistics, there are over 201,000 searches for the words “baby shoes” every month, just in the US alone. 
 If you rank of the first page of Google for this search term, you have around a 90% chance that someone will click on your listing, and that’s because only around 10% of searchers look past the first page of search results. 
If you are at the top of the listings, your chances increase dramatically. 
  
What do these numbers mean to you?
Well, let’s say, just 1% of that traffic comes to your website every month, you could get an additional 2010 visitors to your website. Let’s say that 10% of those 2010 visitors purchase something, that’s a potential of 201 extra sales every month . 
If that doesn’t get you motivated to watch my next two videos on SEO, I don’t know what will! 
So keep an eye out on your inbox and we will let you know when the next video is ready, where I will go through some easy but essential steps to get your website ranking in Google. 
Thanks for watching and I will see you next time. 
 
  

Get proven, profit-pulling strategies with Online Selling Tactics

Want it in writing? Get the full transcript from this video below:

"Hi  guys, 

I’m Alice and I am back with another selling tactic to help you boost your online sales. 

I’m really excited about today’s video, because I am starting a 3 part series on SEO or search engine optimization, this will be of particular interest to anyone who owns an online store including all our SaleHoo Store members!

The reason I am doing these videos over 3 parts is because there is a lot to cover with SEO and I want to make sure you at least get a taste for the basics without suffering from information overload. 

Right, let’s into it. 

In this video, I want to talk about why you should bother with SEO and why it’s such an important part of your business strategy. 

Over 90% of Internet users use search engines, like Google, to navigate the web. When the internet was first invented and being used by the masses, people used to open their browser and type a URL direct into their browser. Now, we hardly ever do that. Now, instead, we just search.  

9 of 10 searches are done from Google, Yahoo and Bing and as you can see from this graph I have on screen, Google holds over 85% market share of search engines, so they alone get around 8/10 searches through their search engine. So in short, Google is the big daddy in search engines!  

Another reason why Google is such an important part of your strategy is because the results from organic search engine optimization are FREE!  It is an investment of your time with lasting value, not an advertising expense. 

So what results can you expect when your website ranks well in search engines? 

Well here’s a quick example:

Say you owned a store selling baby items. 

According to Google’s own statistics, there are over 201,000 searches for the words “baby shoes” every month, just in the US alone. 

If you rank on the first page of Google for this search term, you have around a 90% chance that someone will click on your listing, and that’s because only around 10% of searchers look past the first page of search results. 

If you are at the top of the listings, your chances increase dramatically. 

What do these numbers mean to you?

Well, let’s say, just 1% of that traffic comes to your website every month, you could get an additional 2010 visitors to your website. Let’s say that 10% of those 2010 visitors purchase something, that’s a potential of 201 extra sales every month . 

If that doesn’t get you motivated to watch my next two videos on SEO, I don’t know what will! 

So keep an eye out on your inbox and we will let you know when the next video is ready, where I will go through some easy but essential steps to get your website ranking in Google. 

Thanks for watching and I will see you next time." 

4 Comments Add your comment
by store what kind of store do you mean? cause i was wondering if ebay store qualified? Reply
Site Admin
Hi Hope, Thanks for your question. To get your eBay Store and Store listings ranking in Google, you need to get it indexed. Here's a thread on the Google Merchant forum that you will find helpful: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/base/thread?tid=3d1aa76674b164d4&hl=en Thanks :) Reply
Hi Alice, I'm SaleHoo new member. My question is: Does the name of the store matters? eg..if the store name personalized? Thank you. Reply
Site Admin
Hi there Catherine, Yes the name does matter! Great question. It's best to use a name that describes your products. Avoid using your own name because this won't help with search engines - people are more likely to search for a product name than your name obviously :) I hope this is helpful. Reply
Already a member? Login to comment
Go Back