Terapeak 7 Day Trial Promo

'Over Shipped' - what does it mean?

tomaingeroy
Trust: 
17 Jul 06 03:57:35 am
I have an order on the way through DHgate, and an 'Over Shipped' logo has appeared and under the 'action' section, it says 'agree pay up to seller'.

Has anyone had this before? I assume the seller has sent more than I ordered, in an attempt to make me pay for more products, but I am not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Tom

Site Admin
salehoo_group
Trust: 
17 Jul 06 09:06:39 am
have you emailed them yet? That would be the first thing to do to clarify exactly what they mean by this.

Have you got your own online store yet? Link hidden: Login to view
tomaingeroy
Trust: 
17 Jul 06 11:48:57 am
Yes, I emailed them immediately, and am awaiting a reply. Just thought a trader might have experienced this before.

Cheers,
Tom

Free Member
mslilly
Trust: 
18 Jul 06 03:32:04 am
Ahhh, any news on that?

Aren't they sly?

tomaingeroy
Trust: 
24 Jul 06 07:43:46 am
DHgate emailed me back, and overshipped apparently means that the seller has completed his part of the shipping agreement, i.e he sent it.

It certainly got me into a flurry, not to worry, all turned out great, goods arrived in reasonable condition, nothing subtracted off the resell value.

However, the goods I bought were advertised 'with box', and when they arrived, they did in fact have boxes, but they weren't assembled! Easily assembled, just thought it was worth mentioning.

Cheers,
Tom

Free Member
mslilly
Trust: 
24 Jul 06 12:43:47 pm
Oh that's great news, maybe you need to rate them now. :)

I like hearing this. I've been looking at the reviews, which helps a lot!

tab10us
Trust: 
24 Jul 06 03:52:06 pm
yeah when you buy from dhgate.. if something is advertised as new with box it is usually always dissasembled making you put them all together.

easyg
Trust: 
7 Aug 06 11:09:37 am
Hi there,

You seem to understand DHgate quite well. Are their designer handbags fakes?

Also is it possible to package goods in a way that avoids customs realizing you are importing, say 20 units of iPods? DHgate say they will do such things, do they not? In fact, I have heard that customs often don't pick up things like that... (I am UK based, by the way.)

Thank you for any response.

easyg

direct-consumer
Trust: 
9 Aug 06 04:01:12 am
Hi there,

You seem to understand DHgate quite well. Are their designer handbags fakes?

Also is it possible to package goods in a way that avoids customs realizing you are importing, say 20 units of iPods? DHgate say they will do such things, do they not? In fact, I have heard that customs often don't pick up things like that... (I am UK based, by the way.)

Thank you for any response.

easyg

Their designer hand bags are fake. Their asking around $50.00 for most of their bags. I've sold alot of handbags and haven't had a supplier even come near that price. You also have to watch out for customs. They don't like fakes. Goodluck and be carefull!

tomaingeroy
Trust: 
10 Aug 06 11:40:06 am
I agree with Direct_Consumer, most of the items on DHgate (clothing related anyway) are fake.

I always find it best to ask the seller if they are fakes. Most of the time they tell you they are GENUINE replicas, which basically means fake.

When sellers ship you goods, they often declare the value at next to nothing, or as a 'gift'. In this way, customs can't stop it, or charge you extra for it.

I imported about USD $100 worth of stuff, and the seller set the 'declared value' as USD $5.

Absolutely no problem with that, if it saves me money, it's all good.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tom

blinker
Trust: 
9 Mar 07 01:22:34 pm
Sorry tomaingeroy, as an experienced NZ importer I disagree that customs can't stop it or charge extra. No matter the value or status on the box if they suspect it to be used to resell then they can & will charge fees etc. You usually have to supply a copy of the order as well and it is not worth fibbing about. Many wholesalers have recorded numbers that they use. It is just luck if you get a parcel through that is intended for commercial use which is what we are all doing.

tomaingeroy
Trust: 
10 Mar 07 03:06:25 am
Blinker,

I have had now about ten shipments come in from China and the US and I am yet to be charged of anything. I have never asked the suppliers to misstate the value so I am at no fault and cannot be held liable.

I am a little unsure as to the procedure customs go through when they receive larger shipments (I am expecting a fairly large box from the U.S pretty soon) and would be curious to know whether or not I will be charged.

I have checked the customsnz website and many things for personal importers are allowed in without being charged.

To come from another direction, a friend of mine got some clothes (second hand) from America purely for his own use and he got charged a hefty customs duty for it. Even though he was not reselling them he got charged?

Would be great to get some advice from an experienced trader.

Cheers,
Tom

syedab
Trust: 
2 Jul 07 06:01:27 pm
So will this work in the UK too. As long as the declared value is under

conv1327
Trust: 
24 Jan 09 05:59:21 pm
This is from the AU customs website:

If you arrange for goods to be brought into Australia, you are regarded by Customs as the importer of those goods. This includes purchases made over the Internet, regardless of whether or not you intend to sell or distribute those goods, own a business and if the goods are for your personal use or a gift for someone else.

Certain goods brought into Australia require an import permit. Customs might seize or detain such goods pending presentation of the permit. Alternatively, the goods might be a prohibited import and not allowed into the country under any circumstance.

All goods (except for tobacco products and alcoholic beverages) may be imported duty and tax free if their value is $1,000 or less.

Note: However, where there are multiple packages to the same addressee in Australia from a single consignor overseas that arrive at about the same time, then the value of all packages will be combined for duty and tax assessment purposes.