Dropshipping questions :-)

13 Aug 14 08:02:53 pm

I am New here on SaleHoo and are looking into the business of dropshipping.
I do not live in US, so I Wonder if it is possible for me to have a dropship deal With a supplier in US and sell via a US based Website?
What do I need to be able to do this?

Site Admin
13 Aug 14 11:17:58 pm
Hi Synnoeve and welcome to the forum,

Yes, you can sell in the US no matter where you live by using a US supplier or a supplier outside of the US that ships to the US. All you need to do is find your supplier and choose a website platform. If you don't have your own website, then eBay or Amazon would be the two biggest platforms to use, but there are many options to consider.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager

Link hidden: Login to view
17 Aug 14 12:51:41 am
I live in Australia but my dropship suppliers are either in Asia or US, so does that mean that I can utilise my US supplier to dropship in US as well?
Would I need to obtain any permission from any US authorities to do this? or pay tax there ? or would that only be if someone was importing into the states.. I hear so many different views on this it really is confusing.
I'm not on amazon or ebay but I wonder also why I hear some people from Australia who are on ebay or Amazon say that you can only sell to US if in US or their citizen ?

Site Admin
18 Aug 14 03:02:36 am
Hello Breda,

If you are importing from a wholesaler or manufacturer, the responsibility for Customs documentation and import duties is one of the things you agree upon when negotiating the shipping terms.

Most of the time it will be your responsibility to organize Customs clearance and the payment of import duties.

This will involve hiring a freight forwarder or customs broker, both of whom will work out how much duty you need to pay and will make sure all the appropriate documentation is filed. You can find lists of freight forwarders/customs brokers in your area by doing a Google search.

e.g. "[california] + freight forwarder".

For smaller imports you may prefer to use a shipping company such as DHL or UPS. These services will include duties in the overall shipping price.

If you are drop shipping to an international customer then your customer is responsible for paying any import duties. It is very important that you note this in your auction listing so that the customer is not taken by surprise!

It is also a good idea to check out the Customs rules and regulations for the countries you are going to ship to in advance. Make sure that they actually allow the product to be imported and that duties aren't going to be too expensive.

Please visit Link hidden: Login to view for more information on importing.

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.