Why is Salehoo promoting DHgate?

Free Member
512gallery
Why does Salehoo promote DHgate when so many people are losing their hides because of them!? One can ask questions and get all the pictures they want, but when your dealing with some sneaky con-artists it seems were all getting the same results.

Site Admin
salehoo_group
DH Gate is a supplier in the Salehoo directory and have been given an average rating of 3 stars with 19 reviews. You can read them here:
Link hidden: Login to view
Because DH Gate is a site that many suppliers can sell from you will always get honest, reliable suppliers and unfortunately, con-artists. You just need to do your research when buying from sellers that you haven't purchased from before. Do a Google search on them and hunt around forums for any relevant information.

Have you got any sellers to inquire about here?

Have you got your own online store yet? Link hidden: Login to view
voodootwothree
so far ive been very successful buying from dhgate. i did get a little deep into credit card debt at the start because i read a lot of mostly bad reviews and wanted to cover my bases with a variety of orders. so far each order has been spot on, delivered in a relatively reasonable amount of time and i sale out of the products i buy within a week or so. having seen some of the stuff on dhgate (which some are by no means the fault of dhgate) it is quite possible to lose your total investment if youre not a smart shopper to begin with. with respect, you would have about as much luck reselling or dropshipping from amazon.com on some stuff. i went on looking for items i have yet to find and found a market for at least 8 items that i am already going to have trouble keeping in stock. i am pretty certain i will get burned on something at sometime but alas, not yet.

Site Admin
fudjj
Quickest way to get burnt at DH Gate is by buying fakes, stay away from branded items and it's a pretty good resource, providing you do your do your research on the supplier.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

voodootwothree
ok... got burnt on an order but its my fault, didnt do my homework... everything else is still shaping up. ill report back with refund activity...

Free Member
jimmy_huber
Dhgate is no different then ebay but you have to be cautious because it is a chineese company, you do have risks of fakes and even getting scammed there. But there are thousands of people that find great suppliers on dhgate

Link hidden: Login to view by SaleHoo
voodootwothree
Dont get me wrong... im still not singing any praises... ive still got a lot of stuff to sale to get my investment back... BUT heres an update... Had two sellers cancel orders on me before they were shipped but dhgate still had my money in their escrow account. took me a little bit to find the order PO numbers because I thought they had 'magically' disappeared and got worried. Found them in the 'all' orders section and promptly fired off an email (after I found a typo in their customer service email link!!) requesting the total with the PO numbers. it took about 15 hours before i got an email back (in english!) saying they had cleared it up.

I may be facing an ordeal about returning an item still... ill letcha know how it goes.

voodootwothree
after that last reply, i had put 2 different orders PO numbers in to clear up. they only did the first one. took another email to get the second but they cleared it right away. keeping in mind there is a language barrier here so not too shabby! filed a dispute over the item i am having to return and so far they are working with me.

communications with sellers about products you have questions on so far has been about 50/50. there is either no answer at all or a really quick reply.

voodootwothree
anybody have a use for 500GB USB Flash Drives? ive got some!

voodootwothree
Here's an update. On my second round of ordering. FINALLY got the bad deals I wound up with settled and here's how it worked out. The dispute process wound up being fair but was not timely. It took a good 8 weeks to go through the entire process. On one order, the product was not what it said it was so they tried to offer a settlement instead of sending it back for a full refund in which they low balled me the first time. After 4 rounds of counter offers I settled on the deal and wound up losing $100 overall but did not have to ship them back. On the second order, the dealer never would ship the product so after a 4 week dispute process DHGate arbitrated and issued a full refund. So, it is not quick but they have been fair and now that my products are more carefully scrutinized before buying (including more questions from the dealer, where if they dont answer questions and at least feign confidence about their own product, dont buy) it looks like it is going to be a better relationship. I can also see where some people would get extrememly frustrated over the dispute process if they get burned and either give up or escalate the situation into something unresolveable but dont give up and stay cool with it and you will come out pretty clean. I will continue to update, if these rounds of comments are helping anybody let me know.

voodoo

planes
Very helpful. Thanks for posting your experiences.

Come on guys. Here is a member that shares his experiences with us. Send him some kudos.

There are over 300 views and this guy is helping us out so lets say thanks and or ask some further questions.

raiderjake
yes thanx for the info, dh gate has what im looking for, and i would have bought from that site. but i dont need the head ache

voodootwothree
to be fair... most of the headache was because of dumb buying decisions (2 to date) and not because of dhgate per se. the process to help fix yourself because of a dumb decision is a headache but is fair. i have seen time after time on dhgate supplier ratings where people 'lost it' and did not recover any of their investment.

also to be fair... try to run a supply chain for a restaurant, mom-n-pop store, clothing or boutique without a headache or two from an established supplier. and have you dealt with an american supplier lately??? if you want a real headache i can put you in touch with some!!!!!

ps. thanks planes, beginning to think no one was looking.

voodootwothree
here is my latest rundown on dhgate:

27 total orders placed. of these they include:
>> 8 orders cancelled before they left the dealer. 7 of these were completely hassle free and involved ordering errors either on my part or the sellers but communication was great and refund was prompt. the eighth order was the 10 week ordeal i mentioned in my previous posts. one was for something i ordered that wouldnt work in the US and the seller caught it AND helped me find one that would.
>> 3 orders i have made for the same product because i found a local buyer on craigslist (cant beat craigslist ads) and a pretty good market on ebay for selling what this guy doesnt. Same single buyer has led to...
>> 3 more orders for some cool electronic gadgets that there isnt really a market for that i have found, but when he buys one, i get one for free so... cool toys for me!
>> 2 orders for some led lights that dont sale that well but they do sell so after ive felt the market out for them and got a good supply route i can keep the auctions up and running.
>> 1 mini computer that was for personal use that the quality wound up being a little low but for hitting the net and the price i swallowed the cost and counting it off on my taxes! worse comes to worse i could disclaimer the quality and still at least get my money back.
>> 1 order for some rifle scopes that i made my money back on and kept one for myself, so free scope and they were extremely nice! not sure about the reorder thing here yet.
>> 3 orders for some clothing that im feeling the market out on. no sales yet but the orders were dirt cheap anyway.
>> 1 order with a reorder on the way that i found a better market for selling it on the street through craigslist than i did on ebay! go figure.
>> 2 orders for USB drives that i nearly lost my ass on. total loss between the 2 were about 260 dollars. they are going to make a wicked dirty santa gift this year though. hope my friends arent on here!
>> a couple of smaller cheap orders that im feeling around a little bit, no big investments (under a hundred total) that i can sit on for a while and see where they go. pretty tough when the economy is doing what it is doing.

so, 27 total where 3 were bad puts them at around a 90% success rate for a going in blind user. now that i feel that while i may not be a pro, i certainly have learned the ropes fairly quick. and READING THE POSTS ON HERE HELPS. I cant stress this enough. Situation could have been a whole lot worse had I not got advice from here. ESPECIALLY THE WARNINGS FOR DHGATE threads. Pay attention to them and dont take my threads as an all clear by any means.

If anyone wants help or advice about a specific product or idea, hit me privately and lets talk frankly about it. Ive got my own market and not looking to steal your ideas.

voodootwothree
more stats:

credit cards I maxed out in this venture: 3
credit cards I payed off with this venture: 2
total credit card purchases so far: $8800
current credit card balance after most recent round of spending: $3200
number of tasty Coke Zeros i can drink in a day: 8
credit card balance before i started this: $1400
months it took to get ebay powerseller doing this: 4
ebay sales since i started: 160
months i will be able to hold onto it if the economy doesnt turn around: 3
craigslist sales since i started: 20
craigslist sales advertising in other cities: 1
bonanzle sales: 1
times ive got in trouble turning the dining room into shipping and receiving: 3
times ive nearly been kicked out for other things: 1
weeks ive been clean from my nasty rockstar energy drink habit: 1.5
current value of items stocked ordered or in the mail: $2000
ULTIMATE GOAL: run my trading solely by paypal money
How long will it take me to do it??? probably until december of this year.
Lesson from this: DO NOT get mad or give up because your first set of sales doesnt pay for your dream condo in the bahamas.
Exclusive innovations that help me sell: 2... the 'work at work' scam and the biggest 'get rich slow' scheme ever devised.

raiderjake
clean off rockstar? that must be rough lol

voodootwothree
just ordered enough from dhgate that my membership upgraded to 'silver' and the following happened...

i got passed off from the woman who was handling my problems over a 10 week period to a personal account manager that emails me to 'check in' I havent had to use him for a problem yet but it appears that resolutions are handled within a couple of days and the level of respect seems a little higher though this may just be my perception.

your shipments leave out within a couple of days and not 10 to 14 days. of the last 6 orders, 3 were shipped next day, 2 were 2 days and 1 was 3 days.

raiderjake
how long did it take or how many purchases did you make to get to silver?

voodootwothree
i started the first of february and i think im up to 19 successful purchases.

planes
Hey voodotwothree.

A very big thanks for taking the risks and posting your experiences.

Would you mind stating a net profit from one of your purchases? Though it appears you are reinvesting it would be very helpful. I know income is a personal thing, but if you wouldn't mind. it would help other members to know what to expect.

Also, at some point, maybe you could put together your buying process and I will see if I can get Salehoo Admin to put it up as a sticky in the top of the import section. Pm me if and when you can do this and I'll send it over to Admin.

Thanks again.

voodootwothree
No problem, ive got a masters in administration but my business model for this stuff is pretty rough around the edges!! i picked out a couple of ones that looked like they will be fairly steady (which is what its about, right??):

purchase 1 cost: 257.00
total sales: 400.00
profit: 143.00 about every 6 weeks

purchase 2 cost: 186.00
total sales: 550.00
profit: 364.00 about every 2-3 months

purchase 3 cost: 40, 50, 20 total: 110.00
just got this stuff in to try out but im looking at making about 225.00 (115 profit) but im not sure how long it will take me yet.

purchase 4 cost: 53.00
also another just in to try out and im looking at making about 120.00 (67 profit) but im not sure how long it will take me yet.

purchase 5 cost: 197.00
total sales: 350.00
profit: 153.00 that may wind up being seasonal. the first order sold in about 5 weeks but the second isnt leaving out so fast.

purchase 6 cost: 190.00
total sales: about 180.00 and I got one of them!

my buying process is 1: drink a rockstar and shop and surf the import sites like a mad, rabid raccoon. 2: if I am not familiar with the product, run everything past a couple of days of ebay auctions (cause as bad as we might hate too, it is still the great equalizer) 3: ask seller at least 1 question, every time, no exception. how and when they respond before you buy is a good indication of service through the sale. ESPECIALLY if it looks like a really hot selling item. If it looks like there is should be some reason you cant figure out why you could get it so cheap, there is probably a reason you cant figure out why you would get it so cheap. 4: buy it and wait for delivery, take a pic and get it out to every auction site im hitting these days.

raiderjake
ya, i've stayed up til 8 or 9am searching products and comparing them on ebay many many times,

planes
No problem, ive got a masters in administration but my business model for this stuff is pretty rough around the edges!! i picked out a couple of ones that looked like they will be fairly steady (which is what its about, right??):

purchase 1 cost: 257.00
total sales: 400.00
profit: 143.00 about every 6 weeks

purchase 2 cost: 186.00
total sales: 550.00
profit: 364.00 about every 2-3 months

purchase 3 cost: 40, 50, 20 total: 110.00
just got this stuff in to try out but im looking at making about 225.00 (115 profit) but im not sure how long it will take me yet.

purchase 4 cost: 53.00
also another just in to try out and im looking at making about 120.00 (67 profit) but im not sure how long it will take me yet.

purchase 5 cost: 197.00
total sales: 350.00
profit: 153.00 that may wind up being seasonal. the first order sold in about 5 weeks but the second isnt leaving out so fast.

purchase 6 cost: 190.00
total sales: about 180.00 and I got one of them!

my buying process is 1: drink a rockstar and shop and surf the import sites like a mad, rabid raccoon. 2: if I am not familiar with the product, run everything past a couple of days of ebay auctions (cause as bad as we might hate too, it is still the great equalizer) 3: ask seller at least 1 question, every time, no exception. how and when they respond before you buy is a good indication of service through the sale. ESPECIALLY if it looks like a really hot selling item. If it looks like there is should be some reason you cant figure out why you could get it so cheap, there is probably a reason you cant figure out why you would get it so cheap. 4: buy it and wait for delivery, take a pic and get it out to every auction site im hitting these days.

Thank you Voodoo. I am going to try and put your threads together into a sticky in the import section and send to Salehoo for approval. With your permission of course and credit you for it.

planes
Hey Raider! Maybe give Terapeak a whirl. They do have a free tool for searching products on eBay. You may want to try the paid service too.

It a lot easier than scrolling through completed listings and its good for three months of prior sales.

raiderjake
something i've been meaning to do planes, how much does it cost? i didnt know the had a free service though, thanx

voodootwothree
Thank you Voodoo. I am going to try and put your threads together into a sticky in the import section and send to Salehoo for approval. With your permission of course and credit you for it.[/quote:aa4b9ebe]

no problem... glad to feel useful!

durtydub
I am trying to register with DHGate and it's been 24 hours and I have still not received my confirmation email. How long does it normally take?

raiderjake
I am trying to register with DHGate and it's been 24 hours and I have still not received my confirmation email. How long does it normally take?

i got my email pretty quick, did you check your junk mail?

durtydub
i got my email pretty quick, did you check your junk mail?

yes I did. I even signed up a 2nd account with a different email and still nothing.

voodootwothree
they take their weekends seriously. sunday night is their monday morning (that they also take seriously) and you should hear something then. and a lot of their emails go to spam, youre just going to have to get used to checking spam.

wholesalejoe
I have used DHGATE in the last 60 days performed 7 orders took delivery of said merchandise and resold the items on my site with no issues and made money.

We add new stuff daily...
raiderjake
well i said i would keep you all updated about my dh gate dealings, unfortunately i won't be buying anything for a couple months till i go back to work. finally going back to work soon and figured i'd enjoy the few $100's in profit i had made in the mean time, instead of pinching pennies trying to get rich. thanx for everyones help, i'll let you know when im ready to get back in business

voodootwothree
another recent experience with dhgate is having a factory supplier. i bought from a factory guy on my second reorder and had one dud electronic out of 20... not bad (i use the walmart comparison method) then i find the same thing from another seller for about 5 bucks less (profit margin IS a profit margin) and got 5 duds out of 20. i never registered a complaint because i found them too late (thoroughly check your stuff out on delivery!!) and wound up about breaking even, might have lost a few ducks, lessons arent cheap! well, needless to say, i crawled back and now have a sworn steady supplier of the manufacturer (profit margin IS not a profit margin when it disappears in returns and eating your stock). take care folks and ill report back with more dhgate fun!

stampskwisko
Thank you for sharing all you dhgate fun. I am trying to find what could be selling well on ebay. Can you help me with some hints?
thank you

thallion
this has helped me a lot. thanks!

satya
Thank you for sharing all you dhgate fun. I am trying to find what could be selling well on ebay. Can you help me with some hints?
thank you

Hi stampskwisko,

There are two ways to find out what is selling well on eBay:
1) Check out the popular searches and most popular products on eBay:
Popular searches: Link hidden: Login to view
Best selling products: Link hidden: Login to view
eBay pulse: Link hidden: Login to view
2) Perform completed listings searches for products or brand names to see the conversion rate and average selling price.
To do a completed listings search, simply click the Advanced Search button next to the main eBay search box. Enter your search keywords as usual, and then check the Completed Listings box. Hit search and you'll see historical data for the previous 30 days. Successful items are in green; unsuccessful items are in red.

Other places to find hot items:
Our Twitter feed! We regularly post hot new markets on our Twitter stream - follow us
by going to Link hidden: Login to view

Also, you might find these posts helpful.

All the best!

Satya
Customer Support
SaleHoo Group Limited
Skyrocket your way to success with your own Link hidden: Login to view

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.