Sorry if my feedback seemed a little harsh just thought it would be better to give a sound opinion than to be dishonest.
The structure of it is not a bad idea but there are far too many issues.
1. too many people are now trying to do the same thing, for it to be a small success you would have to get to the level of eBid, cqout, bodanzle or whatever it is called kind of a scale.
2. All of the people who would buy from another auction site are probably already members of eBay - therefore prices would have to be cheaper than that of eBay which would be very difficult to achieve.
3. eBay fees are high for a reason, because of the vast amount of sales you get, I don't use eBay anymore but if I did I wouldn't swap. You get exactly what you pay for, although I'm not saying fees couldn't be a little bit cheaper and customer service a little better.
4. Even though you would be taking customers away from eBay, you are still giving them custom through PayPal, if you speak to people who don't use the net or don't use it anymore PayPal is often the reason. Again I don't use PayPal anymore myself but it is still vital to my business.
5. Most people do not have a problem with Alibaba and sites like it. If you use your common sense then most people know deep down that you can't get iphones for $100 from China so there is no kind of niche to this site that makes it any better than anything else.
6. $10 is such a small fee that the site will eventually be riddled with scammers, if you wanted to verify each company properly you would need a team of people who can see a scam from a mile off, these guys will have been in the business for years and will probably not work doing that sort of thing.
There are many reasons why this just seems impossible, so maybe go back to the drawing board and come up with something else similar that the world needs.