Are there any Branded Electronics Dropshippers from UK/EU?
Hopefully with reasonable margins for resellers!
Welcome to SaleHoo, Jack!
Dropshipping can work but may vary on a case to case basis, like the choice of products, targeted market, marketing skills -
Lots of people are under the impression that electronics is a highly profitable market. Unfortunately, this simply isn't true. Electronics is actually one of the most competitive markets online. The electronics industry has always run on very low margins from wholesalers to end users and marketplaces like eBay have only tightened the margins even further.
Most electronics sell at the wholesale price or below wholesale on eBay. That's how intense the competition is.
How do these sellers make money? Well plenty of them don't. If you checked back on some of these sellers in a couple of months time, you may well find that they are out of business. As for the others, they use some very canny sourcing and marketing tricks, which we've listed below.
The point is, the number of sellers present in the electronics market is deceiving. It's much more difficult to make money in this market than it appears.
We have some suggestions for how you can make money in electronics, but first, is there any particular reason why you wish to sell in this market? While we don't wish to discourage you completely, a lot of people find electronics much tougher than they thought, and we think it's only fair to warn you! There are plenty of other excellent items to sell online that return higher margins and we are happy to give you some suggestions if you need them.
If you do wish to stick with the electronics industry, then here is what we suggest:
* Use liquidation suppliers to get bulk lots at prices well below wholesale.
* OR: Purchase from wholesalers in very large quantities (and when we say very large, we mean a spend of $200,000 or more) - this is how the big eBay powersellers do it.
* Increase your feedback and get powerseller status BEFORE entering the electronics market. This will give you more visibility in the search.
* Sell via your own website or your eBay store if possible, as buyers generally pay more from these venues than eBay.
* Add third-party extras and up-sells to your orders. These will help you bump up your margins to a much more acceptable level.
* Better still - consider selling accessories for electronics rather than electronics themselves. Accessories are very popular, have less competition, cost less to ship and have much greater margins.
I hope that helps. Cheers!
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out