Competing With Own Supplier

Free Member
12 Mar 16 10:24:53 pm
I am just starting out and doing the research phase on what product to potentially sell. I have found a few promising ideas from the wholesale directory, but they seem to be selling the product to the public already! How do I sell a product for them if they are already selling the product, making them both the supplier and the competitor?

Site Admin
13 Mar 16 10:22:41 pm
Hi Nicole and welcome to the forum,

It's certainly not ideal when suppliers make the decision to sell direct through open avenues, but it's becoming quite a common marketing technique for many suppliers to do so, at least the smaller dropshippers. To them a customer is a customer, they don't draw a line between trade and public, they just see it as a viable sales avenue to increase their sales.

Not ideal for someone wanting to develop a dropshipping business model, but not impossible. Of course many will prefer to deal with a supplier who isn't selling direct, but if they are then there are a couple of things you need to clarify.

1. are they selling on the same platform as you?
2. are they selling at the same price as they are offering you?

If the answer is yes to both of these questions, then your options are really limited if your intention is to compete against them. You can perhaps try bundling if you really want to deal with them, see details on that marketing technique on this link Link hidden: Login to view

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager

Link hidden: Login to view

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at