Like you many want to sell electronic products too because they think that electronics is a highly profitable market which simply isn't true. Electronics is one of the most competitive markets online. Oftentimes, the margins are very low and to make things worse eBay has tightened the margins even further. In case you haven't noticed, many wholesalers sell on eBay directly to the public - Making the marketplace extremely competitive. That is why you can find products selling at prices the same as or lower than wholesalers.
So are these sellers making money? Many of them don't, as a result many of them are not able to stay in business for long. For those who have survived and are still thriving, they use some very canny sourcing and marketing tricks to do so.
The point is, the number of sellers present in the electronics market is deceiving. It's much more difficult to make money in this market than it appears. We don't wish to discourage you completely, but a lot of people find electronics much tougher than they thought, and we think it's only fair that we warn you! There are plenty of other excellent items to sell online that return higher margins and we are happy to give you some suggestions if you need them.
If you do wish to stick with the electronics industry, here are a few things you can do -
* Use liquidation suppliers to get bulk lots at prices well below wholesale.
or purchase from wholesalers in very large quantities (and when we say very large, we mean a spend of $200,000 or more) - this is how the big eBay powersellers do it. As you see dropshipping is definitely not the best option if you want to stay competitive.
* Increase your feedback and get powerseller status BEFORE entering the electronics market. This will give you more visibility in the search.
* Sell via your own website or your eBay store if possible, as buyers generally pay more from these venues than eBay.
* Add third-party extras and up-sells to your orders. These will help you bump up your margins to a much more acceptable level.
* Better still - consider selling accessories for electronics rather than electronics themselves. Accessories are very popular, have less competition, cost less to ship and have much greater margins.
These days, you have to be very cunning to stay competitive with other sellers on eBay and online in general.
Sing out if you have any other questions and weâ€™ll be glad to help =)