Finally on the move

steinar1
Hi

Thx for the tips i got so far + reading through the guides helped me on the way.

But before we wanted to put an item for sale on QXL, is auction site in norway. We had to think of a name for the company since we already is in the start, spend two days for that hehe, and getting a good invoice programm for free since we are not sure how it will goes. Not throwing alot of money out for nothing yet.

We did find a invoice programm for free called sussy. We wanted to look more pro to start with than just writing thing down on a pice of paper.
It was a must to gonna make the invoice on pdf to send to the customer nice and easy as fast as possible after a sale.

Also the invoice program should be able to handle some more currency than just NKR, and sussy can that. If u wanna a link i can post that later if u ppl want me too.

In norway we have strict rules cause of trying to avoid the black market, which is fine:) So we had to take a look on that too and spend some time to get things right, right away.

Finally yesteday i put some xbox games out for sale and two dropshipping products. Today the goal is to put on ebay and start working on our website . We did find a .com adress available to use. Our website called nettmix.com..but under construction atm not much there now.

But first work, been fun so far and even though i don`t get any sales to start with is just to hang in there...

Have a nice day

Sincerly

Steinar

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Good for your Steinar! It's really nice to read about your progress especially knowing you've only been here for a week (I think).

You really get to where you want to be at when you are determined to succeed and willing to exert extra effort!

Congrats! Really happy for you :)

To your first sale!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
steinar1
Hi

I have now put several objects out on two diff auctionsites. Not ebay cause of some probs with paypal and me not reading the mail from them good enough.
So my fault there. So next time i will read the mail more careful:)

But i have already gotten some bids of some products:)

Got bids on 4 products already:) And before the week end we will have our first sales:)

U have been a great help with the site and the directory to find suppliers.
It`s kinda overwhelming but i have to stay focus and look for everything hehe...started on dog producs and now i have both electronics and jewelry up for auctions too. God help from mother in law regarding jewelry:)

And good help from bf too:) Two eyes is kinda hard but four eyes looking is much easier:)

Sincerely

Steinar

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
That's even better news! Looking forward to your first sale!

Good luck :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
steinar1
Hi

We had our first sales this weekend:)

Also put out on ebay and start price 0,99 the first item has passed my cost price and still 4 days left on the auction. Is kinda fun to watch it.

Just passed with 4 dollars so far and 13 who watch the auction and 10 bids:)

Just put out 3 products on ebay all start on 0,99 take a chance but i also got bids on all three of them. And still many days left on all three.

The only drawback is that u can`t list more than 10 items a month or sell for 500 dollar the first 90 days. Then i hope to expand that limit.

Have made a business plan and gonna do like work having a daily plan with my goals each day that helps.

I run a supermarked so a daily plan from my experience is a nice thing to have. Otherwise things can go in the air...

If u are new to it write down what u want to do today, it takes 5-10 min or even less to do it. Then check out when u are done doing each thing on that list.

Steinar

Site Admin
fudjj
It's always good to see some persistence starting to pay off, so congrats : )

Only thing I would suggest you be careful of is taking into consideration all of the charges, not just the price of the products themselves, but eBay success fees and PayPal charges well. These are usually the little fees that some forget about up front and think they are perhaps doing a little better than they actually are in reality.

Not trying to rain on your parade lol, but when you are making your calculations on how the product is doing, just remember to take all the charges into consideration to give yourself an accurate picture.

: )

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Congratulations on your first sale, Steinar! :)

Also, try not to rush yourself with eBay and PayPal, stay within the required limits to avoid unnecessary attention from them.

All the best, hope you get more!

Cheers

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
steinar1
Hi

Thx for replies:)

Gonna stick to the limits for sure.

I am reading up on the skyhigh auction site. There is a good link to an ebay calc site. And the bids are now on + side of life:)

I do run a supermarked, not a big one but anyhow i know how important to have control over the costs are. Made +6,4% profit total total sale last year. Bad side i am just an employee hehe, has some good side too ofc:)

So not gonna buy me a car on friday cause i am playing lottery on saturday:)

I have calculated some loosing to start with. Not big ones but those i can afford.

Steinar

steinar1
Hi

Now i also has sold my first item on ebay. It started with 0.99 bid without reserve. Break even was at 17.5 Usd.

I sold it for 50 Usd, never thought i should see it go so hight. I were thinking of setting a buy it now price at 39 $ since i did see it go for around 28-35 $ on ebay.

Now i have to worry about payment, shipping and if the customers gonna complaint hehe. But hopefully it works out:)

My auction lasted for 7 days.

Steinar

steinar1
Hi

Just wanna say that salehoo membership has been paid off:)

My balance atm is +:)

Thanks alot so far:)

Steinar

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Steinar 1,

That sounds like a pretty good start, looking forward to hearing how it all progresses for you, and of course helping you reach your goals where ever we can : )

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hi

Just wanna say that salehoo membership has been paid off:)

My balance atm is +:)

Thanks alot so far:)

Steinar

Good for your Steinar! It's really nice reading about your progress and knowing how much SaleHoo has helped you too :)

Keep it up! All the best!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
steinar1
Quick update.

My really first month of selling March/11.

I have sold for 1253 USD this month. Have sold for more, but the money from the past 2 days haven`t come into my account yet. So i don`t register it as sold before the money get into my account or paypal. Same when i play lottery, i don`t claim the money before i win, i never do by the way.

My goal for the first month were 1791 USD, so i am approx 540 USD behind. So i have to step up and find better products, go over my text in the auction listnings etc to try and reach my next goal for april.

My goal is to sell for 2686 USD in april.

What i have experienced so far one customer never paid...swedish site.
Two faulty products that customers received.
And I have to be more careful to what countries i can sell too.

Had to cancel on sale, and two others i have to order to me first and send it to them. Even though they are in western europe. Finland and Faroe Island.
I just took it for granted that they shipped there. But no.

Finland they did, but the cost were 30 usd more. My blow there.

Sincerely

Steinar

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Not bad for your first month, Steinar1 :) Hope you hit your goal for your second month - Good luck!

Have you been using suppliers from our directory? If you have, hope you have the time to add your reviews to help out other members. To add your review simply visit the supplier's profile page.

All the best!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
steinar1
Hi

Not sure if this is a salehoo member who bought from my webstore..but anyway my first sale on my webstore...didn`t expect sale on that site so soon. And a sale on 49.99 USD:) Just had to share it.

Steinar

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
That's great! Congratulations on another job well done :)

All the best!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.