General branding advice

1 Jan 16 09:02:14 pm
Hi everyone!

I'm new to dropshipping, and right now I'm deciding whether or not to make my own brand or resell already branded products. My goal is to eventually make my online business an asset in the future.

What do you think the pros and cons are?

Site Admin
2 Jan 16 12:32:17 am
Hi Harrison,

Unless you have a decent cashflow and solid business plan behind you, I'm not sure if there's any value in trying to develop your own brand right from the start. Perhaps down the road, once you have yourself a firm footing in the marketing, would be a much better time to develop your own branding.

I guess it really depends on what you are setting out to accomplish.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager

Link hidden: Login to view
Site Admin
22 Jun 16 06:04:26 am
Branding can be a good strategy if you have solid financing and a good business model. It requires you to have a firm, a product development team that takes care of marketing, sales, operations and R&D. A brand doesn't stop with the product itself coz part of the brand is a communication with the customer that takes care of after sales concerns - in other words, relationship building with customers. This and many more along the way will help build your own brand. So if you are up for this, you should have a very good theoretical background and experience to back you up.

I expounded my research on this and I found this article:

Link hidden: Login to view

I hope this helps.

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at