A Buyers' Union?

fm1234
I have been looking at sites that do group buying, and am wondering why Salehoo members couldn't do something similar with suppliers. (see links below for examples)

What these sites basically do is unite buyers of a given product, who are willing to pay a specific price, then approach manufacturers, distributors etc. to get a bid and hopefully a sale. As many people who post at Salehoo looking for specific things, why couldn't we do something like this?

Maybe start a new part of the forum where each thread is for a given product (say 'XBox 360 Elite' or 'the new Harry Potter book' not 'video game consoles' or 'bestsellers') and interested members post how many they would buy at what price, with the understanding that they will edit if their interest changes.

Once it reaches (say) five units at a given price, just go to sellers out there and see if a deal can be made. If not, try again at (say) ten units. Eventually, ideally, a sale can be made.

Shipping would go to a central point, Salehoo or otherwise, with each member responsible for getting the product from that point to himself or to his customer.

Just a thought. Check out the sites below for what I'm talking about. If there's interest but Salehoo doesn't want to offer it I can put up a site for it myself.

Frank

Link hidden: Login to view

"Failure is not when you fall down. Failure is when you don't get back up."

--J.J. Luna
Free Member
jimmy_huber
this has actually been discussed by me and the salehoo team. but you have many problems, salehoo has many members but alot of these members arent willing to do this kind of work to create a buyers union. The other thing is that nobody has stepped up yet to create one.

Hopefully with the big project me and many members of salehoo have going will push similar projects like your sugesting. But untill then we will have to see. :D

Link hidden: Login to view by SaleHoo
fm1234
OK then, I'll do it. I'll pop up a site, set it for members only access then just set up a membership for any Salehoo person that wants one (free of course.)

I'll post back up here when it's ready.

Frank

--J.J. Luna
Free Member
jimmy_huber
You should also consider this in your plans. if your creating a buyers group then you have to figure out what to buy. Then you have to split whatever you buy with your other partners, then you will basically be selling items off the same load. So you will be competing with your other members of your buying group.

The largest majority of buyers groups fail because of trust issues. Can you aquire th trust of people to buy mass bulk. Its not easy.

If You are a part of my investers group that we are still forming. Maybe once you joined you could consider spending your time talking to them first. As if this is successfull you guys can build relationships as an investment group and you might have your buyers group rather then trying to go out all alone
:D

not to mention if this work out you will all have some extra money to reinvest in other ideas.

Link hidden: Login to view by SaleHoo
fm1234
Jimmy

ou should also consider this in your plans. if your creating a buyers group then you have to figure out what to buy. Then you have to split whatever you buy with your other partners, then you will basically be selling items off the same load. So you will be competing with your other members of your buying group.

Lots of variables to consider there. Two people are only competing if they're selling the same product/service to the same market. I can get together 10-20 electronics dealers out of my contact list and I imagine that only in rare instances are any of them directly competing with one another.

Besides, competition encourages innovation and high levels of service once you're out of wiggle room on price.

The largest majority of buyers groups fail because of trust issues. Can you aquire th trust of people to buy mass bulk. Its not easy.

One way to find out!

If You are a part of my investers group that we are still forming. Maybe once you joined you could consider spending your time talking to them first. As if this is successfull you guys can build relationships as an investment group and you might have your buyers group rather then trying to go out all alone ... not to mention if this work out you will all have some extra money to reinvest in other ideas.

I did not join the investor group, as I posted in that thread it just doesn't present any advantage to me as I already buy in big enough bulk to get deals on the stuff I want. If it works out and additional slots are open down the line, then it might make an interesting passive investment.

But I'm not looking for investors, and not looking for anyone to send me any money (except in the case of an actual deal being secured) and I'm sure that if anyone out there doesn't trust me, they'll trust Escrow.com or a similar outfit.

Anyway, I'll pop up a site asap and post the URL here.

Frank

--J.J. Luna

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.